Rose-Butler situation has to work itself out organically!

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
The top dog status can not just be bequeathed just because the fanbase had lost faith. Rose still has a say as well he should. Game recognize game and ball dont lie. Rose isnt ready to put limitations on himself. You STILL want Rose taking that last shot until further notice. We need both. There will be plenty of shots for everyone.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If this feud was really such a big deal, I doubt Jimmy would've signed for 5 years (or 4 if you wanna be nitpicky). Yes they need to iron a few things out, but all the good players do. Lebron and Wade wouldn't mesh they said! They're not Lebron and Wade, but similar idea.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If this feud was really such a big deal, I doubt Jimmy would've signed for 5 years (or 4 if you wanna be nitpicky). Yes they need to iron a few things out, but all the good players do. Lebron and Wade wouldn't mesh they said! They're not Lebron and Wade, but similar idea.
I think Rose and Jimmy meshed fine last season. The only game that seemed to be a problem was them quitting in the 2nd half of Game 6 against Cleveland.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Rose and Jimmy meshed fine last season. The only game that seemed to be a problem was them quitting in the 2nd half of Game 6 against Cleveland.
Definitely not saying they were in disarray or anything, just that they could improve a little. They were definitely a good duo last year and I think they'll be even better this year now that they've finally played with each other properly.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Jimmy finally broke silence on the situation

When the season ended, there were reports that you had issues with Derrick Rose.
I don't think we have any issues. I think we're fine. I think we're two basketball players that want to win games. That's where I'll leave it at. I think we just wanna win, bring a championship the city, to the organization. I think that's our job. And I think we're gonna do whatever it takes to make that happen. I have a lot of respect for the guy.

So there's no truth to the reports?

I never read the reports so I couldn't tell you what they said. To tell you the truth, if you read it, something's going to piss you off, so I really don't. There's a lot of people that think I'm a terrible basketball player, so it's just gonna piss me off. And if it's people who think I'm good, I'll be happy. I'm just not gonna read it at all and stay content in my own mind

http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/...-taylor-swift-and-winning-in-chicago-20150702

gotta admit his replies weren't the most reassuring that there was nothing ever there...but they seem to be on even enough ground for now...Hoiberg will even shit out on offense...no more selfish iso ball

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well I guess that's that

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Jimmy finally broke silence on the situation

gotta admit his replies weren't the most reassuring that there was nothing ever there...but they seem to be on even enough ground for now...Hoiberg will even shit out on offense...no more selfish iso ball
I honestly don't think there' anything there. That most that may be there is disagreement over who is the guy.

But they both have often spoken words of "We want to win"

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Dan Bernstein too

chopped-alans-head-off-american-psycho-gif1.gif

theinfamousdvs

Liked Posts:
I see the level of Kool Aid ingestion is strong in this forum.

Jimmy signed the contract. The two of them have never really had the chance to gel the way they should....I think this is a non issue if we get an injury free season out of Rose this year.

Huge, GARGANTUAN sized If........but it could happen. I believe in magic.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
On court chemistry is the only issue. Off court issues are media lies.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
update: Jimmy's agent speaks on the "fued" he confirms there are chemistry issues but its not as toxic as Cowley is making it out to be

Jmmy Butler wakes up most every day around 5:30 a.m. and is typically in the gym for the first of two or three daily workouts 30 minutes later.

"He's not taking a lot of time off," his agent, Happy Walters, said in a rare interview.

The Bulls can formally announce Butler's five-year deal — which contains a player option for the final season — on Thursday, with Butler scheduled to speak. Butler, as he was in a recent interview with Rolling Stone, surely will be asked about his relationship with Derrick Rose, which has come into question after Rose played passively in the season-ending loss to the Cavaliers.

"There's no feud," Walters said. "This isn't like Kobe and Shaq where the guys don't like each other. Derrick has always been really cool with Jimmy, embraced him when he got there. When Derrick was hurt, Jimmy was there to help. Derrick came back and he helped Jimmy when he was hurt. Derrick's best friend was the point guard for Jimmy's junior-college team. There are a lot of connections."

Indeed, Randall Hampton, Rose's best friend since grammar school, played with Butler at Tyler (Texas) Junior College. But that was before Butler ascended from the last pick in the first round to an NBA All-Star and Most Improved Player, one of the league's most formidable two-way players.

This, according to Walters, merely involves an adjustment, not animosity.

"Jimmy knows how to use Derrick," Walters said. "I do think Derrick has to maybe figure out how to use Jimmy because they haven't played that much together and Jimmy made such a big jump offensively."

The Bulls went 28-17 last season when Rose and Butler played together. Both players averaged more than 20 points in the playoffs. New coach Fred Hoiberg has expressed his excitement about using their talents together.

Hoiberg should be excited. It doesn't sound like turning down the Bulls' four-year, $44 million extension offer last October and parlaying it into more money and security has changed Butler's approach.

"It's a great story because Jimmy worked hard and believed in himself," Walters said. "It worked out. But Jimmy really cares about winning."

The noise about Butler possibly opting for a shorter-term deal was real. The Bulls squashed that option by presenting Butler with a five-year max offer. With the NBA announcing a salary cap of a record $70 million, Butler's max deal starts at $16.4 million and comes to $95.3 million over five years.

The Bulls also project to be a tax team for the second time in franchise history, passing the league's $84.74 million threshold.

"Jimmy likes Chicago. He wanted to be there," Walters said. "And he has an option after four years and will still be 29 or 30 (when the Bulls deal ends) and can get back to the table one last time. He's happy about this deal."

Walters' firm also represents Nikola Mirotic, who is following his runner-up Rookie of the Year season by playing for the Spanish national team.

"He's working. He's developing," Walters said. "He has to improve because the league is now scouting him. I think in the new offense, he will be able to do that. He'll get a lot of open looks."

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
update: Jimmy's agent speaks on the "fued" he confirms there are chemistry issues but its not as toxic as Cowley is making it out to be

To say there is no situation to deal with...is entirely false. He compared the situation to Kobe/Shaq...nobody hates their teammate that much! Its not binary, its not one way or the other. There is an issue there and Hoiberg must handle it for this team to be....second, third place in the conference and get their asses handed to them by Lebron again.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
To say there is no situation to deal with...is entirely false. He compared the situation to Kobe/Shaq...nobody hates their teammate that much! Its not binary, its not one way or the other. There is an issue there and Hoiberg must handle it for this team to be....second, third place in the conference and get their asses handed to them by Lebron again.

i said his agent confirmed there were chemistry issues so yeah its something but don't seem as bad as Cowley was making it out to be unless Jimmy and his agent are downplaying which is possible

but he accepted the 5 year deal so he knows it'll have to get worked out and i do think a new offense will help hammer out any issues

hate to say it and stir it up but its really a big knock on thibs for not being able to get a handle on it and come up with something offensively and stuck to it until it worked