How far do the Blackhawks go in 2016?

How far do the 'hawks go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Never posted at that place because every review of it I'd heard was a terrible one.

To be fair, it is probably better now that italian beef has been permabanned.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
/eyeroll gif

Anyway, this trade now means that the Hawks two goalie prospects are 6th and 7th round picks, respectively. I'm excluding Michael Leighton because I think we can all rule out any possibility of him being a future part of the Hawks plans. I'm not exactly worried about this trend, but it is something that should be considered in the next year.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm going to guess that the trade was for that very reason. He needs actual goalies not the rights to one in Russia. He acquired some value from his rights and will trade something else for a goalie or could trade this young center.

A goalie will come from somewhere, but it wasn't going to be helping rockford to have this one.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Hawks go 1838 miles every time they visit San Jose, this is the longest flight they take every year. They tend to travel an average of right around 40,000 miles (that's about 64373.76 KM for you British subjects) in a given season discounting playoffs. I hope this sheds some light on how far they go.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
I have been over there lurking, and from what I have seen BWC goes over the top on things quite a bit. Agree he does seem miserable from the posts I have seen.

He actually said they needed to be sellers at the trade deadline. In other words, shouldn't have brought in Vermette aka the guy that scored three game winning goals in the playoffs including two in the Final.

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
To be fair, it is probably better now that italian beef has been permabanned.

If by "better" you mean more posters like you, crying like Chicken Little after every every trade, loss, goal allowed, and bad shift like it's the end of the world, with no one around to challenge you.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If by "better" you mean more posters like you, crying like Chicken Little after every every trade, loss, goal allowed, and bad shift like it's the end of the world, with no one around to challenge you.

That's an extreme exaggeration. The only times I have lost it is when Hossa missed that open net and when Saad was traded. Meanwhile you criticize Crawford everytime he gives up a goal, even when it isn't his fault.

Reactions: Ton

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
He actually said they needed to be sellers at the trade deadline. In other words, shouldn't have brought in Vermette aka the guy that scored three game winning goals in the playoffs including two in the Final.

He's also calling Anisimov "garbage", a borderline 3C, when for years he was blaming Stan for not acquiring him as the 2C.

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
That's an extreme exaggeration. The only times I have lost it is when Hossa missed that open net and when Saad was traded. Meanwhile you criticize Crawford everytime he gives up a goal, even when it isn't his fault.

Fair point on you, but not on me. I've defended Crow at times, too. Just think we could use that money better elsewhere.

Oh, and I still don't multi quote.

:dealwithit:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
fuck this give us trades you tight holes!!!

collusion!! nobody will save us from bigfoot. league wants to watch us burn

Reactions: Ton

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The Hawks go 1838 miles every time they visit San Jose, this is the longest flight they take every year. They tend to travel an average of right around 40,000 miles (that's about 64373.76 KM for you British subjects) in a given season discounting playoffs. I hope this sheds some light on how far they go.

I believe the Hawks are the eastern-most team in the Western Conference. They're always going to have a lengthy travel distance until that changes.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I believe the Hawks are the eastern-most team in the Western Conference. They're always going to have a lengthy travel distance until that changes.
Chicago is 87.6847° W. Nashville is 86.7833° W. Nashville is roughly 60 miles east of Chicago via longitude (not absolute distance).

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
Chicago is 87.6847° W. Nashville is 86.7833° W. Nashville is roughly 60 miles east of Chicago via longitude (not absolute distance).

fbd.jpg

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Damned right science!!!!

mr-wizard-herbert6_mam.jpg

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'm actually surprised Nashville is only 60 miles east of Chicago. It seems alot furthur when you look on a map. I don't know how anyone thought Nashville was west of Chicago.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Actually, I was wong; I looked at the wrong number. Perpare yourself for another "science, bitches!" moment:

If you head due east from Chicago about 46½ miles, you'll be due north of Nashville. If you head due west from Nashville about 52 miles, you'll be due south of Chicago. Either way Nashville is slightly more east than Chicago.

Still, Tribar, I think it was less of "Nashville is further west" and more of forgetting about Nashville and their team :)

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Speaking of being far east in the West, with the likely expansion in 2017 starting with two teams and still the potential for the Coyotes to move. It's gonna be a quiz for how they settle the conferences again. There are seemingly 2 strong West options in seattle/vegas but Quebec City also would add another team east. Maybe they screw Columbus over and bring them back to the West instead of making Detroit come over, since Detroit was the vocal moaner about being in the West to begin with.

I am a bit surprised on the base thought of it seeing San Jose is further than LA. I guess it's got that further western edge of Cali that makes up for the extra more southernness

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Speaking of being far east in the West, with the likely expansion in 2017 starting with two teams and still the potential for the Coyotes to move. It's gonna be a quiz for how they settle the conferences again. There are seemingly 2 strong West options in seattle/vegas but Quebec City also would add another team east. Maybe they screw Columbus over and bring them back to the West instead of making Detroit come over, since Detroit was the vocal moaner about being in the West to begin with.

I am a bit surprised on the base thought of it seeing San Jose is further than LA. I guess it's got that further western edge of Cali that makes up for the extra more southernness

It could have to do with jet streams and flight patterns/angles. Seems weird it could be further than Anaheim.

Also...I don't think east and west work like that.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually, I was wong; I looked at the wrong number. Perpare yourself for another "science, bitches!" moment:

If you head due east from Chicago about 46½ miles, you'll be due north of Nashville. If you head due west from Nashville about 52 miles, you'll be due south of Chicago. Either way Nashville is slightly more east than Chicago.

Still, Tribar, I think it was less of "Nashville is further west" and more of forgetting about Nashville and their team :)

I mean this one, directions don't work like this. Try again.