• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Speaking of being far east in the West, with the likely expansion in 2017 starting with two teams and still the potential for the Coyotes to move. It's gonna be a quiz for how they settle the conferences again. There are seemingly 2 strong West options in seattle/vegas but Quebec City also would add another team east. Maybe they screw Columbus over and bring them back to the West instead of making Detroit come over, since Detroit was the vocal moaner about being in the West to begin with.

I am a bit surprised on the base thought of it seeing San Jose is further than LA. I guess it's got that further western edge of Cali that makes up for the extra more southernness

Columbus is further east than Detroit--and one of the huge sticking points was time zone: I don't think they will move a team in the Eastern time zone into the western conference, which means Detroit and Columbus are likely out.

I think the league goes up to 32 teams, and balances out the divisions at 8/conferences at 16. My guess is either Seattle (if they get an arena), Portland (if they get an owner), or Vegas get a team with the Coyotes moving to another Pacific City on that list. I think they add another expansion in the Central: Houston, KC, Milwaukee, etc. Quebec City probably gets a relocated team from the east.

I mean this one, directions don't work like this. Try again.
Actually they do--since latitude lines are parallel to the equator and not great circles like longitude lines. 1 degree of longitude at Nashville's latitude is approximately 55.91 miles. At Chicago's latitude it's 51.61. Measuring N/S always goes through the north or south pole, while measuing E/W always parallels the equator.

Non-euclidian Geometry FTMFW.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Kane is charged, chances are slim to none that we win the cup next year.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Perhaps, but if he's done anything that ends up voiding that contract the 'hawks will end up with a metric Shit-tonne of capspace to play with.

Like I mentioned in the appropriate threads, I'm not passing judgement since I don't have all the info and will want to see that played out. If he's prven guilty throw his ass in prison and get him the hell off the team. If he's proven not guilty then keep him.

But you are right--this hanging over the team's head does throw a ginormous wildcard into the mix.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Perhaps, but if he's done anything that ends up voiding that contract the 'hawks will end up with a metric Shit-tonne of capspace to play with.

Like I mentioned in the appropriate threads, I'm not passing judgement since I don't have all the info and will want to see that played out. If he's prven guilty throw his ass in prison and get him the hell off the team. If he's proven not guilty then keep him.

But you are right--this hanging over the team's head does throw a ginormous wildcard into the mix.

And it feels like this is something that could linger into training camp, if not the early part of the regular season.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So now what you think you're this guy?
images

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How far do the Blackhawks go this year?

Farther than what was consented to.

That was so wrong....I LOVE IT!!!!!

Seriously though, we don't know if he's innocent or guilty as yet--but at least he's got some company now with Derrek "Out for the rest of the Season" Rose getting in on the rape scandal bandwagon.

bigtinlv

Liked Posts:
Hawks lose to kings in con finials,
Kane will be a discussion all yr

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damn Rex, you're on a roll today! Good stuff.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
True. But I'm fearful that if he is charged that Hawks will overreact to the situation and release him. It's sounding less and less likely that he will be charged though.

Cmon Chuckie -

You are worried that the Hawks will overreact if he's charged?

If he's charged he should not be anywhere near the team.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cmon Chuckie -

You are worried that the Hawks will overreact if he's charged?

If he's charged he should not be anywhere near the team.

Stop calling me Chuckie!

biscuit_in_the_basket

Gigacore Fan!
Liked Posts:
True. But I'm fearful that if he is charged that Hawks will overreact to the situation and release him. It's sounding less and less likely that he will be charged though.

They only overreact if they feel he is guilty after being charged. Otherwise it is still part of that process. I could care less if marketing sides of things (EA), choose to run away so quickly as they read SportsMockery as truth.....or is it Grimson.