How far do the Blackhawks go in 2016?

How far do the 'hawks go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
True. But I'm fearful that if he is charged that Hawks will overreact to the situation and release him. It's sounding less and less likely that he will be charged though.

The Blackhawks aren't going to "release" Kane. I keep seeing people throw out terms like "release" or "cut" when talking about Kane. It isn't happening and it isn't really something that can/does happen in the NHL (Mike Richards aside). Blackhawks aren't going to lose an asset like Kane for absolutely nothing, charge or no charge.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I have never supported rapists. I'm not Italian Beef. Stop dragging my name through the mud.
You said in the bulls forum that you hope chris sale rapes somebody, chuckie. :smh:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Eh, I don't know. Maybe pizza. Why do you ask?

That's what I was gonna say!

Fridays were always pizza days. Have an extra slice for me, chuckie!

#memories

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The Blackhawks aren't going to "release" Kane. I keep seeing people throw out terms like "release" or "cut" when talking about Kane. It isn't happening and it isn't really something that can/does happen in the NHL (Mike Richards aside). Blackhawks aren't going to lose an asset like Kane for absolutely nothing, charge or no charge.

And from my understanding of NHL contracts, a flat-out "release" isn't even possible.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
You can get a flat out release within the confides of a situation like Mike Richards, but his case is being argued by the NHLPA to not allow what the Kings did and details are now just getting out. Partially it seems the instance was because Richards got arrested for drug possession maybe at the border patrol and he failed to say anything to the Kings about it for a week until media reports got out... but they also don't want him as a player to begin with on his contract so they were hoping to use it to sneak away from having a cap casualty in waiving him.

I don't think a normal bad criminal case is still enough to get outright released like that. The NHL would probably step in at that stage and indefinitely suspend the player but they'll remain under contract but not take up cap I think. Like where Voynov is