IST: Cubs vs. Marlins

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Contact pitcher means balls can have eyes. He doesn't miss enough bats. That is the bottom line.

Agreed. Especially without a real strong D behind him. I just meant he wasn't getting tattooed early on. But he did start giving up extra base hits later on. Glad we have a different option going today, FWIW.

BTW - you DO know that was a joke about the pitcher leading off, right? It was a dig at the current lead off man, who isn't worth a damn.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
@CSNCubs: David Ross headed to 7-day DL with mild concussion. Taylor Teagarden has been called up and is available to play today. #CubsTalk

I think this was just a way to get montero to catch lester and see how it goes

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, me too. The last I heard if he played 9 and went well, he'd be up. He played the 9 last night....1-3 with 2 BB.

BTW, Medina got torched in that game.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
@CSNCubs: David Ross headed to 7-day DL with mild concussion. Taylor Teagarden has been called up and is available to play today. #CubsTalk

Doubtful. I'm not sure some people get how much the FO and Maddon love Ross. He's here for the remainder of his contract.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Doubtful. I'm not sure some people get how much the FO and Maddon love Ross. He's here for the remainder if his contract.
He can stay in the clubhouse all he wants...

im sure he may be concuss, just saying this could be a way of getting montero a chance to catch lester without thinking it might be permanent or Ross is losing that job..

TL1961

Liked Posts:
He can stay in the clubhouse all he wants...

im sure he may be concuss, just saying this could be a way of getting montero a chance to catch lester without thinking it might be permanent or Ross is losing that job..

Its not a way of anything. The guy is on the DL because he is unable to play.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Am i missing something in today baseball or is it just the cubs
Can anyone bunt anymore. . Geesh

TL1961

Liked Posts:
6 RBI in 2nd inning. Not bad.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Clayton Richards ehhhhh..
they wont need a 5th starter til after break, hopefully by then they will get the guy they want in a trade..

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Would you mind Danks on exchange for Vogelbach? :soxtroll:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Well, 7 runs helps, but the offensive woes are far from over.

Cubs had 7 runs on 4 hits in first two innings, and have the same 4 hits at the end of the game.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Am i missing something in today baseball or is it just the cubs
Can anyone bunt anymore. . Geesh

It's pretty much baseball today. Bunting isn't valued because it's not really a beneficial tactic to use in a game besides later innings in a tight low run one because a bunt gives away an out.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
It's pretty much baseball today. Bunting isn't valued because it's not really a beneficial tactic to use in a game besides later innings in a tight low run one because a bunt gives away an out.
NL pitchers are asked to bunt all the time

Ron Burgundy

Kris Bryant’s two home runs leads Chicago Cubs to win; saves America

87ba798756b8486344f04a65d0044913_crop_north.jpg

There are few things more American than baseball and apple pie. One of those few things is when Kris Bryant hits two home runs (one of them a grand slam) on the Fourth of July at Wrigley Field and the Chicago Cubs beat the Miami Marlins 7-2.And then there were*fireworks! At*Wrigley Field!Like really, how are you even controlling your patriotism right now?Bryant decided he would make Clayton Richard's return to the majors (first start in 2+ years) as easy as apple pie. He started his work in the first inning:Your browser does not support iframes.Then, just when Jarred Cosart's day couldn't get worse, it did:Your browser does not support iframes.The Marlins optioned Cosart to Triple-A immediately following the game. When you seemingly single-handedly cause a pitcher's demotion, you're more than likely doing your job.More importantly, coupled with a San Francisco Giants loss, the Cubs now own a 2 1/2 game lead for the second wild card spot.God bless America.

More...

CSF77

Liked Posts:

From Cubs.com
"I was a little off a couple days ago -- I'm probably always a little off," Ross said. "It's hard to tell what's normal for me, to be honest."
The move was precautionary, and the Cubs selected the contract of catcher Taylor Teagarden from Triple-A Iowa.
"The main concern is getting another foul ball [off the head]," Ross said. "I had that happen a couple years ago, and it put me out two months."
Ross was on the disabled list in 2007 for a concussion he sustained in a collision, and again in 2013. He tried to rush back after the latter incident.

"I took a couple more foul balls [off my head], and they ended up sending me home to my house in Florida for two months," Ross said of the 2013 experience. "I definitely don't want to go through that again."
Ross, who is working with a company that's trying to improve the padding on facemasks to minimize concussions, won't be behind the plate for Jon Lester's start on Monday. It'll be the first time Miguel Montero will work with the lefty.