Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would like to see Doug get a good chance but with Dunleavy back and Snell still pretty much in front of him it's going to be hard for him. That's the reason why I was against the Dunleavy signing. You have to see what these young guys can do consistently.
You can argue Snell doesn't necessarily eat into a lot of his minutes. We can run both on the court together on the wings if we wanted. Jimmy is probably not going to average 40 minutes per game under Hoiberg so that opens up a few more minutes for both. Plus for all we know Dunleavy could be teaching Doug a lot of things on both ends of the floor. A lot depends on how Hoiberg does his rotations, but Doug will have to prove himself in the minutes he's given. I can see him getting a lot of run in preseason again.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I LOVE HOW THERE ARE TWO IOWA STATE GUYS ON THIS TEAM LOLOLOL :troll: HOIBERG

Two positives of this feature.

1) Evaluation: Including a couple players Holberg is intimate with allows him to observe the change in level quite accurately. (Ok...this guy used to be able to do this things but at this level I have to help him with x...y....and z to get a shot.) this should accelerate his adaptation to NBA.

2) Instruction: Having two players familiar with concepts of Holberg, and with Holberg himself helps in two ways. They will assist in teaching the other players by example or verbally, and they will be a bridge to other players in what Hoiberg is like and how to deal with his quircks and demonstrate healthy relationship with coach and what that looks like as their dynamics are already established and will set the tone.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love the idea of Butler playing 32 minutes like the rest of the league and staying a bit fresher. That 10-15 minutes is about right for Snell.

In fact, I wish they could use common sense and just do that to solve the Snell problem, while platooning Dunleavy, McD, and Mirotic at SF.

The reason is that Snell is a spitting image of Butler without quite the same quickness or strength. He is a poor man's Butler without the quickness to drive but fortunately his shot shows more promise. Definite 3 and D guy developing. Stop this 42 minutes a night for Butler crap.

theinfamousdvs

Liked Posts:
A tad bit concerned that we don't have a legit center on the team...but between Vander Blue and McBuckets we should see a lot of shots. I'm glad Hoiberg is going to coach Summer League to get a jump on the season. In other news....Cameron Bairstow is still on the team?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A tad bit concerned that we don't have a legit center on the team...but between Vander Blue and McBuckets we should see a lot of shots. I'm glad Hoiberg is going to coach Summer League to get a jump on the season. In other news....Cameron Bairstow is still on the team?
We never have a real center on summer league teams. Portis is the closest thing we have. But yes, Bairstow is still there.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

i think its pretty much common 1st year coaches coach summer league i know Fisher, Kerr and Blatt did it last year and i think Brad Stevens did aswell the first year he was hired

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Bobby Portis is having a good game. Didn't realize he had that range.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
saw about 3 quarters before i went out to get something to eat

tons of ball movement and 3 pointers, i like

Portis looked pretty good

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
IDK about you guys, but what I took from this game, is that Portis basically made a SL statement by outperforming Towns, H2H.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
I remember Portis saying at the draft he had a hard time vs Kentucky because of both WCS and KAT out there together but I think this game will give him confidence that he can go at these guys one on one. I like his aggressiveness.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
Portis and McDermott looked good. Also Bairstow hit a 3 pointer early in the game which was strange haha.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
If Portis continues to have a strong summer league and that carries over to training camp & preseason. Could that mean someone gets moved?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bairstow hit a 3. Maybe he will be one of those Spurs type guys that just keeps developing and extending his range until he is a stretch shooter with some defensive size upside and rebounding.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okafor probably should have been the #1 pick, imo, for that reason. You can critique his defense because he was exposed, and not flanked by two more seven footers making it impossible to go left or right either.

Towns is a great talent and worthy of the pick. Russell shows the Lakers management is truly dead. You can't justify anything but Okafor there, they tried to replace Kobe instead of making the basketball choice. They are going to suffer.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
after watching this second game, its clear that mcdermott has a ways to go on both the offensive and defensive end. On offense his shooting has been very lacking, the few drives and moves to get to the basket were ok but seemed like he struggled to get past guys that are not even close to starter material...On defense he had trouble on pick and rolls, granted his teammates were not helping the situation either but it made him look even worse on defense.

Portis looked like he was tired from the night before and as a rookie ups and downs were expected but so far has shown both an inside and outside game which seems to be a great fit for hoiberg's offense.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
yeah the fact McDermott still hasn't shown that shooting stroke is worrisome

that was supposed to be the elite skill that transferred and his shots are not just off either they are WAY off...like hes shooting airballs and stuff...they aren't close at all

granted its still early and hasn't got much time but i haven't seen anything from him that tells hes gonna work out...if Doug can't get it together this year under Hoiberg (a coach thats perfect for him) then i don't think he'll be anything