The curious case of Shea McClellin

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Remember this at the end of this coming season. I am not saying Shea is going too come out there lighting it up like a HoF'er what I'm telling you all is this Shea will come into his own this season he's in the right system the right position and finally has a coach worth learning something from.

No kidding you're not saying he's not going to light it up, you just gave him a three tackle per game average for the key run stopper in this defense. If you're starting key run stopper is only making three tackles a game that's fucking awful and he deserves to be cut. This defense can't afford a starter who maxes out at 60 tackles as the key run stopping linebacker, that would be something that would make me immediately question Vic Fangio as defensive coordinator if he kept in a guy who only racked up three tackles a game.

Perhaps you don't realize how god awful 60 tackles in a season is.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't even care. Pace, Fox and Fangio have no reason to try to salvage Emery or Tucker's reputation. If shea makes the roster or starts it will be because he's better than the other guys (or just sucks less than them).

Reactions: Myk

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just so I've got everything. If Shea beats out the other lbers and starts does that mean Fangio is fucking Special person and needs to be shit-canned?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Minor correction for the OP. Emery didn't stick him at DE. That was Lovie, who he was drafted for, and JA. Emery saw him as a LB early on but Tucker was dealing with a lack of bodies at end. I'm not defending Emery or Tucker here. :shot: Shea was not a DE or SAM. He's been out of position his entire career. We'll know if he has anything to offer this year.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
your wrong man shea has shown plenty of signs he can play on the nfl level the problems been shit def schems him being shuffled around playing out of position just watch after this first season with fangio you will be saying how could they have wasted 3 years of this guy

:obama:

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Minor correction for the OP. Emery didn't stick him at DE. That was Lovie, who he was drafted for, and JA. Emery saw him as a LB early on but Tucker was dealing with a lack of bodies at end. I'm not defending Emery or Tucker here. :shot: Shea was not a DE or SAM. He's been out of position his entire career. We'll know if he has anything to offer this year.

He was Marinelli's choice! End of argument! So was Gaines Adams. Rod is a great defensive schemer, his evaluation of talent however, is questionable, far to much importance placed on speed and quickness, and not enough on Football IQ.

Baredown3rdplace

Liked Posts:
Shae sucks. If he ends up being a starter that would be depressing... we gotta have something better than Shae..

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
No kidding you're not saying he's not going to light it up, you just gave him a three tackle per game average for the key run stopper in this defense. If you're starting key run stopper is only making three tackles a game that's fucking awful and he deserves to be cut.

For serious.

I really hope someone can beat out Shea for an ILB job, because Shea has been downright pitiful against the run. Tucker's shitty system was no excuse for being so easily taken out of making a play on just about every running back in the league.

(Sometimes by his own stupidity rather than efficient blocking)

I would be more shocked at Shea suddenly looking like a long term answer at linebacker than Jay Cutler throwing 40 TDs this season.

(Spoiler: Neither will happen)

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jay could throw 40

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Noone is really going out on a limb by saying Shea will suck at LB, because he sucked last year. It was his first year at that position in a terrible, terrible scheme with no veteran leadership.
Confidence and a solid direction will help him out tremendously, which there is no second guessing your role inFangio's defense. As a starter, he won't be a pro bowler, but he also won't be a liability like he was last year. I'd still prefer a Jones/Foster combo though.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
No kidding you're not saying he's not going to light it up, you just gave him a three tackle per game average for the key run stopper in this defense. If you're starting key run stopper is only making three tackles a game that's fucking awful and he deserves to be cut. This defense can't afford a starter who maxes out at 60 tackles as the key run stopping linebacker, that would be something that would make me immediately question Vic Fangio as defensive coordinator if he kept in a guy who only racked up three tackles a game.

Perhaps you don't realize how god awful 60 tackles in a season is.
im talking about as a minimum and even those stats would show marked improvement over the past years being played way out of position. I realize that 60 tackles is low balling but seeing at least those numbers and hopefully much better will be a sign that the guy can play on this level and that he is finally being played in the right position.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
For serious.

I really hope someone can beat out Shea for an ILB job, because Shea has been downright pitiful against the run. Tucker's shitty system was no excuse for being so easily taken out of making a play on just about every running back in the league.

(Sometimes by his own stupidity rather than efficient blocking)

I would be more shocked at Shea suddenly looking like a long term answer at linebacker than Jay Cutler throwing 40 TDs this season.

(Spoiler: Neither will happen)

You're correct, Tucker's shitty defense was no excuse because eventually taking the right gap and beating a block combine to make plays in linebackers who are instinctual and can read and react and attack. Eventually every good linebacker sees a formation and a running play they've seen on tape and attacks the weakness of that play and makes a tackle because of knowing what the fuck to do. Shea McClellin doesn't know WTF he's doing so he doesn't get there until the blocker arrives and then he gets walled out of the play.

The kid has not shown me any football playing speed. There hasn't been one play where I saw him make a tackle and exclaimed wow that was fast.

South Dakota Bear

Liked Posts:
your wrong man shea has shown plenty of signs he can play on the nfl level the problems been shit def schems him being shuffled around playing out of position just watch after this first season with fangio you will be saying how could they have wasted 3 years of this guy

It scares me that there are people this dumb and blind out there in the world. Outside of a fluke injury sack to Aaron Rodgers, Shea has done nothing noteworthy or productive in the NFL as a former 1st round draft pick. He's a bust and a terrible pick.

The guy cannot play in the NFL.

South Dakota Bear

Liked Posts:
not trolling thems the facts. this kid has been shuffkled around and worked his ass off playing out of position then being shuffled around all the while being coached by fuckin retards its an amazing testament to his talent just showing the flashes he has and adapting not to mention the adding weight and losing weight he has done. you guys are severely too hard on the dude and fact is I honestly feel in fangio's system he will finally be playing in a system he belonged in from day one and will be playing a position he is suited for.

the fact fangio has him calling the plays alone shows his football iq
the fact fangio his self has talked about all the things ive mentioned and has made good reports on shea speaks volumes more about the kid than a buncha posers here who just hate him

Why do you have such a man crush on a bad football player? It makes you look like a Grade A Special person.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Love how some people wanna blame Tucker for Shea getting repeatedly rag-dolled by pass catching Tight ends....

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
HBK is doing a good job filling in during despbro's absence.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
You're correct, Tucker's shitty defense was no excuse because eventually taking the right gap and beating a block combine to make plays in linebackers who are instinctual and can read and react and attack. Eventually every good linebacker sees a formation and a running play they've seen on tape and attacks the weakness of that play and makes a tackle because of knowing what the fuck to do. Shea McClellin doesn't know WTF he's doing so he doesn't get there until the blocker arrives and then he gets walled out of the play.

The kid has not shown me any football playing speed. There hasn't been one play where I saw him make a tackle and exclaimed wow that was fast.

Neither has Christian Jones though.