[Stein] Aaron Brooks sign 1 year deal with Bulls

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL @ some of this bitching. The guy averaged over 11ppg off the bench, and had some BIG games for us. In the up-tempo, open court style of Hoiberg's offense, I expect Brooks to do just as well as last year, if not a little better. He was one of the best 3pt shooters on the team (ZOMG WE NEED MORE SHOOTERS!! is all I heard last year) and he's on a vet min contract. I don't see any reason for complaints at all.

Once again fellas, a couple secured rebounds, a couple made shots here and there, and we go up 3-1 on the Cavs last year, likely beating them, and heading to the ECF or even Finals. This is a top 6 team in all of the NBA right now. Sure there are question marks. There's question marks with every team, even the mighty Spurs. I'm giving the team at least a few months into the season with the new coaching staff before I starting making claims of the FO's ineptitude this off season.

I like Brooks. He's a good player off of the bench and you are correct that he is their best 3 point threat. But to say that the Bulls are a top six NBA team is ridiculous. They have a weak assembly of guards and SFs on this team and too many bigs. They are unbalanced still. Nothing has changed except the players are a year older and other teams are improving and the Bulls are declining.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'll never watch the Bulls again.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
so yeah Lin signed for the MMLE and Gerald Green signed for the minimum...im kinda mad now

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
so yeah Lin signed for the MMLE and Gerald Green signed for the minimum...im kinda mad now
And to think, for just a few extra million in luxury taxes, we could've brought Linsanity to Chicago. THINK OF THE SALES GARPAX!!!

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
And to think, for just a few extra million in luxury taxes, we could've brought Linsanity to Chicago. THINK OF THE SALES GARPAX!!!

Dorell Wright might be another we miss out on for cheap

yeah none of those guys are world beaters but Green/Wright would provide athleticism and shooting on the wing and Lin would atleast better than what we have at backup PG

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dorell Wright might be another we miss out on for cheap

yeah none of those guys are world beaters but Green/Wright would provide athleticism and shooting on the wing and Lin would atleast better than what we have at backup PG
I'm actually not totally convinced Lin would've been that much better. He's a better defender, but offensively he's not as good a shooter and is heavily dependent on the P&R. Though with Gasol, that would probably work well. Idk. I don't hate Brooks.

Wing shooters though...can't have enough of those. Though idk where you play all of them if you still want Doug and Snell to actually develop with PT. Maybe if you get one of those guys instead of Dunleavy...but I can see why GarPax chose to bring the same group back.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
I'm actually not totally convinced Lin would've been that much better. He's a better defender, but offensively he's not as good a shooter and is heavily dependent on the P&R. Though with Gasol, that would probably work well. Idk. I don't hate Brooks.

Wing shooters though...can't have enough of those. Though idk where you play all of them if you still want Doug and Snell to actually develop with PT. Maybe if you get one of those guys instead of Dunleavy...but I can see why GarPax chose to bring the same group back.

I'd take Dunleavy over those guys everyday. Although I'd prefer having one of them over hoping Doug can actually turn into an NBA caliber player. I believe Snell will show some improvement much like last year.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd take Dunleavy over those guys everyday. Although I'd prefer having one of them over hoping Doug can actually turn into an NBA caliber player. I believe Snell will show some improvement much like last year.
Idk...I still think Doug can be a quality rotation player. If anyone would benefit from Hoiberg over Thibs, it's probably him and Snell. I think Hoiberg will be far more liberal in his use of them, especially Doug as he can do more than just spot up shoot. I think we see a lot of Doug in spite of his defense.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Aaron Brooks is not a vet min deal...they used most of the MMLE on him

so yeah PaxGar do not have a pass this offseason like i originally stated

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Idk...I still think Doug can be a quality rotation player. If anyone would benefit from Hoiberg over Thibs, it's probably him and Snell. I think Hoiberg will be far more liberal in his use of them, especially Doug as he can do more than just spot up shoot. I think we see a lot of Doug in spite of his defense.
And maybe our new assistant coach really works with Doug on defense for all we know...

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Eh, not sure what you were expecting to change this offseason. We can't trade any of our injured players. The backup PG market sucked. We don't have enough to beat Cleveland anyways.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
BTW, Jeremy Lin and Luke Ridneor could have been had with the Bulls min exception. Lin signed with Charlotte for 2 yrs, 4.3 million. Who would you preferred? Lin or Brooks?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Market value!

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Eh, not sure what you were expecting to change this offseason. We can't trade any of our injured players. The backup PG market sucked. We don't have enough to beat Cleveland anyways.

we couldve bolstered our roster better with the 3 names i mentioned

there better be a trade at the deadline either Taj or Noah...no value wont be an excuse then

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Green just makes the SF spot crowded.. and Lin and Ridnour are not any better than Brooks.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ridnour ain't helping anyone. After all, none of those 4 teams who traded for him even want him lol

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Green just makes the SF spot crowded.. and Lin and Ridnour are not any better than Brooks.

Lin is better than Brooks...don't know where Ridnour came from

Green makes it crowed if you're positive McDermott/Snell are gonna make big leaps

anyway this is set up to be the ultimate thibs vs hoiberg test...one of these guys is gonna look like a boob

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lin is better than Brooks...don't know where Ridnour came from
YEAH LINSANITY REPRESENT!

But actually though, I think it's a push.

Green makes it crowded if you're positive McDermott/Snell are gonna make big leaps
Green is also only necessary if you think one or both is a bust.

anyway this is set up to be the ultimate thibs vs hoiberg test...one of these guys is gonna look like a boob
Hopefully not your boy Hoigod though.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
i call him Lord Hoiberg

anyway lets hope you're right and its not him...don't know if i can stand another year like last year...i said i wasn't gonna watch if the same team was brought back but sure enough just to spite me they did

so lets hope Hoiberg makes them fun to watch because if not im finding The Hawk and going golfing