Why must I be Saad!!!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trade us your tight holes!! Stop blueballing us on Bickell, Versteeg, and Sharp. The league is pushing Bowman into a corner so they can strip us of talent and make us pay for half of it, this is collusion.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Despite there only being 72 days till training camp, it seems this is going to be a long off season for some...

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Is this an homage to me?

Is that just 2 maybe 3 vs Favre prior to Lovie. Such a sad era

Why must I be Saad? Via Tapatalk

It's a matter of his contract being up after next season, along with more important players.

It seems like a likely parting place, either he or Leddy are likely gone. And you'd kinda like to keep the younger guy who hopefully is playing better or than Johnny at that stage.

Why must I be Saad? Via Tapatalk

I could dig up many more of my classic 2013 fall posts of that tapatalk siggy of mine, but I'm not gonna... because I can't figure out how to search exact multiple words on this forums search engine, it doesn't work like search engines do where you quote things.

Anyway, Stan has been known to have what we call patients. He apparently still wants a offer up to his standards and until the situation unfolds exactly with whatever action Oduya chooses, it's not any reason to panic. Even then I wouldn't really panic because I partially don't want Oduya back, unless it was simply a 1 year deal because otherwise that pushes the likelyhood of Seabrook being unsignable if you already have those 3 guys on D paid for the season after this. It then makes the option of a Seabrook trade scenario have more potential.(though it's also possible you could still extend Seabs and trade Oduya at the start of next years offseason)

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is this an homage to me?

I could dig up many more of my classic 2013 fall posts of that tapatalk siggy of mine, but I'm not gonna... because I can't figure out how to search exact multiple words on this forums search engine, it doesn't work like search engines do where you quote things.

Anyway, Stan has been known to have what we call patients. He apparently still wants a offer up to his standards and until the situation unfolds exactly with whatever action Oduya chooses, it's not any reason to panic. Even then I wouldn't really panic because I partially don't want Oduya back, unless it was simply a 1 year deal because otherwise that pushes the likelyhood of Seabrook being unsignable if you already have those 3 guys on D paid for the season after this. It then makes the option of a Seabrook trade scenario have more potential.(though it's also possible you could still extend Seabs and trade Oduya at the start of next years offseason)

I didn't know he was a doctor, but he also has patience.

Just messing with ya man, you know I love ya.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Rask, what are you going to be like if the Hawks don't make any moves until training camp?

Because that's starting to feel quite possible.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I think Bowman is fine, he's playing it well you don't want to be reactionary, you either get out front and set the pace, or you wait and cash in on having all the trump cards left. Teams are making moves and making big expensive signings, pretty soon they'll be big dumb teams out there looking for upgrades and with the new pace of contracts Bicks and Sharp won't look so bad at all. You just have to go with the fact that he's such a miser that he'll get a deal whether we like it not. At least expect that, until he doesn't.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The big question is how long will Krueger and Oduya wait? What is Stan hoping to get out of trading Sharp and Bickell, decent return on talent or take a prospect without having to retain any salary?

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
The big question is how long will Krueger and Oduya wait? What is Stan hoping to get out of trading Sharp and Bickell, decent return on talent or take a prospect without having to retain any salary?

Krugers only option is to wait or sign an offer sheet. But since he's at best a 3rd line center I don't see too many teams knocking down the door to sign him.

Oduya I'm surprised they haven't signed already since we can be 10% over the cap. My guess is he wants more than the Hawks can commit to, especially if they have wiggle room set at a certain amount.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator