NBA: The Worst Second Overall Draft Picks in History

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had no idea Mike Bibby was a #2 overall pick. Christ, with his talent he must of shot the roof off in college, my god. I gotta go see some highlights, cuz what the what?

Nothing about Mike Bibby screams lottery pick to me, and I loved him in Sacramento. I can't believe that, the game has changed. I suppose some were looking for the next Stockton or Hornacek there.

I remember when PG's were a little more coveted, it seems like wings and bigs go lottery now. Billups was a #1, I think that Telfair dude in Portaland was a #1 at that time, and Minnesota took a PG first for half a decade. Often taking another in the second round, lol.

Tyus Jones at 23,24 overall....I just really feel from an evaluation standpiont Tyus>Bibby

younger, championship, great shot for age on both, clutch both, as Jones took over the final down the stretch. I think Tyus will be the better PG, but never attain Bibby status at shooting.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Wasn't Steve Francis traded on draft day?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sure, but shouldn't that trade be included in your list?
No, I copy and pasted that list and edited out some field.. the traded to only includes draft-day trades.

Danny Ferry would not play for the Clippers and was similarly traded.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
stupid for them to a draft a player that specifically stated he didn't want to play for your team

Vancouver buried themselves with that

the draft wasn't bad either they coulda grabbed Baron, Odom or Rip