Patrick Sharp Traded

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
I dont really understand this.... I understand the sharp trade. I dont understand johns being moved when he could be our starter for year to come and has a lot of size...

I was miffed at first, too, but Daley will replace Oduya and is two years younger. That leaves the bottom two D pairing up for grabs between TVR, Rundblad, Pokka, and a bunch of prospects a tick or two below Pokka.

If they DO resign Oduya, the Hawks are suddenly deep on the blue line.

But I really like this because the ledgies don't.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1927255

:lmao:

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
we knew the changes were coming......good thing we won the cup. We came back from a purge before we will again

This isn't even close to the 2010 purge. The Hawks will be in the thick of it again next season.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
^^^ Exactly ... you have to apply the John Scott test to any 'purges' - if you are not forced to sign John Scott (and considering he just signed with Ariz, Chicago can't), then you are not in 2010 mode - or anywhere really that close to it.

And I have no idea why they can't resign Oduya ( -clear some more space... so what?!). Unless he magically signs tomorrow (well today I guess in North America)... then, there seems to be a bit more to it all.

But, yeah HF boards were a riot .... you'd have thought the team went like 50 years without winning or something.

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
In addition to Scott, the 2010/11 roster had the likes of Dowell, Skille, Stahlberg, Pisani, Ryan Johnson, Campoli, Cullimore, Klinkhammer, etc.

It's not even close.

Ton

Liked Posts:
What more can be said? They saved 2.5m and received 2 NHL players. Sucks giving up Johns, I thought he had a very bright future, but Daley is a very quality defenseman. I just wish they would have received a younger forward. Ryan fucking Garbutt... !!! Lol

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, they had to do something to build back the defensemen which they have done. I still hope that they re-sign Oduya. That would make the blue line suddenly deep and solid.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Grim should be happy with the Garbutt signing. Just glad it wasn't that dousche Ott

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's what I like about you. Underneath the 24/7, 365 troll there is a serious hockey fan.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's what I like about you. Underneath the 24/7, 365 troll there is a serious hockey fan.

No, that is just a whole additional level of troll.... he's dat good.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
That's what Martini was in truth I think. He was a troll who tried to also troll like he had hockey knowledge but it was all a lie

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I haven't trolled once here. It just turns out all of my unpopular opinions end up being right.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I haven't trolled once here. It just turns out all of my unpopular opinions end up being right.

giphy.gif

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
This isn't even close to the 2010 purge. The Hawks will be in the thick of it again next season.

And furthermore ... has anyone else in the West really loaded up? Calgary's the only team I can think of. This wasn't like last offseason when Anaheim added Kesler and St. Louis added Stastny.

Anyway, thanks for an awesome decade, Sharp.

tumblr_mntcjbfasF1rs8jbdo1_400.gif

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
He should have added a pic of all the players and staff wives be banged thank you hoes lmfao