Patrick Sharp Traded

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Stable defensive core? It was one of the worst last year and arguably got worse. They'll be fun to watch, though - 7-5 games usually are.

Adding Oduya will help from a defensive perspective, and another year under their belt for the youngsters will make them better. I don't see how replacing Oduya with Daley suddenly makes them worse. From a defensive stand point I think it makes them a bit better. They also had a revolving door of defensemen. Again, I even said if that HAD a stud defensemen they could be top 5.

You could also say that Lehtonen had an awful season, especially with a .903 save%

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
in what, Fantasy Hockey? They're a fringe playoff team still.

Fringe playoff team? They just added Sharp to one of the best offenses in the league. They added Oduya to a defense that needed help and don't forget Johns who could of been on half the leagues roster last season but was buried due to our depth and some development work needed. They were 5 points out of a spot in the west and if they didn't start so shitty they could of been in the playoffs (they went 15-6 from March till end of the season).

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fringe playoff team? They just added Sharp to one of the best offenses in the league. They added Oduya to a defense that needed help and don't forget Johns who could of been on half the leagues roster last season but was buried due to our depth and some development work needed. They were 5 points out of a spot in the west and if they didn't start so shitty they could of been in the playoffs (they went 15-6 from March till end of the season).

With how strong the Central is, it will be difficult to see who's getting in and who's golfing as of yet. Maybe the second WC comes out of the Central yet again, but I see them as WC 1 or 2 with the Blues, Preds and Hawks all probably seeding higher (maybe Minnesota).

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was curious what I would find among NHL Defenseman rankings. I have been hard on Stan over the Daley/Garbage for Sharp trade, not seeing what it accomplished when Daley money = Oduya money. If it had just been Sharp for Daley/Garbage I would have felt we were paying them to take Sharpie's salary from us...to have to throw in Johns.....well now we just paid a kings ransom because the league is colluding against us or something. I found it absurd and a backwards move for the defense. Clearly hurts the offense. Eases salary. But Johns?

Granted, this is fantasy rankings.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=762046

we used to have two of the top 60, now we have 3. Its something.

How good Johns ends up will be the evaluating factor in that trade. Personally, I would have not done that.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not trying to be critical of Stan outside of a box. The guy is phenomenal. He mentioned he had to trade our 2 top D prospects to make the moves of Saad and Sharp.

In my opinion this off-season has been another work of genius already, with minor details of Versteeg/Bickell to tie the bow. He did something unfathomable, which is to lose Saad and Sharp as well as 2 FA loan centers,

yet I think he may be bringing back a better team in 2015 than started the season in 2014 depending on a bunch of young players (Panarin, Dano, Teuvo, Garbutt, Kruger, Morin, McNeil, Danault, Hartman, Nordstrom, Comiskey, Pokka, Forsling, Haggerty, Hob Goblin) to step up and become even better hockey players than they were in 2014/15 and fill out nicely around our amazing core.

He also solidified 2C for 4-5 years, and together with Teuvo our core is nearly as strong today as it was last year even if none of the mentioned players make it to a winning playoff hockey level.

I think I am the only one that loved the signing of Runblaad. I see some offensive handling things in him besides the shot and a big tough body.

Daley makes up for Oduya and it will be really interesting to see how he fairs as a blackhawk. Daley has been asked to do much more in the past for Dallas than he needs to now, and his offensive skill is going to be a nice boost to our forwards.

If I had to guess, Stan was grooming the 2 big young defenders to replace Seabrook, but Q/Stan have decided there isn't any replacing Seabs. He is untouchable and can go nowhere. Or at least I hope that is what it means. Given that, he decided to jettison his enforcer defender replacements with less offensive skill upside in favor of our Blackhawk system defenders with offensive skill. Seabs/Hammer/Keith provide the defensive stability and are better suited paired with a Daley Runblaad than adding more penalty minutes in the box that Johns gives you.

I'm slightly concerned we have empowered Dallas too greatly, and will have to handle them ourselves now, seeing a nightmare at every turn of events. Niemi/Sharp/Johns/Oduya

Niemi alone may have made Dallas formidable. Now we are going to have an irritated young bruiser taking shots at our forwards, and Sharp finding his legs every time he plays us. You don't need to be Cassandra to know these events will happen.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Bumping this thread because of today's news that the Dallas Stars cut their roster down to 28, and Stephen Johns was one of the cuts.

Quite surprised.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bumping this thread because of today's news that the Dallas Stars cut their roster down to 28, and Stephen Johns was one of the cuts.

Quite surprised.

Dallas is also a team that IMO needed help at D. Very surprising.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Quite surprised.

Can we sign him or he has to clear wavers?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
By "cutting" Johns Dallas sent him to the minors. Not available for any team to pick up.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Me and Rasko will kidnap him and bring him back to Rockford.... that works right?

italianbeef

Liked Posts:

Quite surprised.

No way - I was told that he was the Winged God of Young Phyiscal Defensemen and that Bowman should have been tarred, feathered, and fired for trading him.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
No way - I was told that he was the Winged God of Young Phyiscal Defensemen and that Bowman should have been tarred, feathered, and fired for trading him.
Who the hell was saying that?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My 6yr old son asked if he could root for the Stars and Hawks. I said of course you can, he goes I just miss Sharpie. Thanks Sharpie for all you did in Chicago. Good Luck in Dallas

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
My 6yr old son asked if he could root for the Stars and Hawks. I said of course you can, he goes I just miss Sharpie. Thanks Sharpie for all you did in Chicago. Good Luck in Dallas

Brock sucks.