Portis

Thunderfoot

Liked Posts:
I just finished watching a little clip of the Bulls first Summer League game. https://youtu.be/4zJIrW9b1a8 He reminds me facially of a young Bill Cartwright. Anyone else see the resemblance? Noticed also how he seems to be the same height as McDermott, so I don't know where the 6'10" came from.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
Bill Cartwright didn't have Portis's range.

I thought they looked the same height till Portis stood up straight and you can see that he was a little taller then Doug

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Nothing like Cartwright. And they measure players with tools other than eyeballs.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Rik Smits

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I just hope he doesn't become an offensive rebound liability. That is what I take away from his footwork off the ball inside. But seems like that was an issue in college too. SL, and we know everything we need to know... LOL.. in due time, in due time....

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
I see why Jalen Rose compared him to Rasheed Wallace. Love his inside out game with 3 point range. He is 6'10 but he was slouching next to McDermott.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I was surprised by his range. Didn't know he had NBA 3 point range which is very important in today's NBA even for a big man. He is big enough to bang in the middle and can step out and shoot the 3. That's extremely hard to find.

Kid has a lot of potential. Could be the steal of the draft.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lets see"

Noah
Gibson
Gasol
The big Aussie
Portis?

That's half the team...... Why?

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
It's only his first SL game but very promising. His post moves looked very fluid. His shot looked smooth, as he hit 3's with shocking ease. This kid looks like he can be a real solid contributor this year, and it will be needed. Gasol, while great last year, clearly broke down toward the end of the year due to his heavy minute load. Gibson is coming off surgery to an ankle that has been injured for over 2 seasons now. And Noah has zero cartilage left in his knee. He has maybe 2-3 years left in the league and those are words coming from Bill Wennington. I truly feel that Portis is going to be one of the steals of this draft and play a major role on this team in the near future.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I see Karl Malone with Reggie Miller range, and the handles of Magic, with the killer instinct of MJeff, and the finishing at the rim of George Gervin.

If he's not HOF by the end of his career, then GarPax should have their pay retroactively taken from their children.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
If he's not HOF by the end of his career, then GarPax should have their pay retroactively taken from their children.

I think they should be docked a little already for giving Hinrich a player option on his last contract.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
3-25 from 3. This guy was 1-10 from the field. Bairstow outplayed him today. Ups and downs of a young player. You can see the talent and desire. I like the pick very much still, and we don't need contributions.

However, the Bulls signing of Feliciano indicates a trade of Noah, Gibson or both is coming. Not even so much for Portis, who I think is ready to be your #4 big as a rookie. I think we will move someone for Mirotic.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Lets see"

Noah
Gibson
Gasol
The big Aussie
Portis?

That's half the team...... Why?

You forgot Mirotic. Noah and Taj can't stay healthy, and Gasol is old as hell. I'd like to see Noah moved in a trade, but I'm not sure who would want him considering how he played last year. I'm sure we could get something for Taj, but I'd actually like to keep him around unless we can get an above average wing player for him.

RonnieTheBull

Liked Posts:
If He proves himself in the regular season , Only then will I be a believer in him , straightly put forward . Hyping up anyone won't get the Championship friends ; sorry but true . False expectations prove quite painful . About the expressions , well , he looks like a baby Bulls to me , that's for sure ha ha .