OT: Power Rankings

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whiteside reminds me of Rodman with his timing ability. He times his blocked shots and rebounds well. He is much bigger than Rodman but has the ability to get to the ball first in the air.

I watched him some last year and he can be a complete dominate force on the defensive end. With center being so weak, he could really become a star in this league.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whiteside reminds me of Rodman with his timing ability. He times his blocked shots and rebounds well. He is much bigger than Rodman but has the ability to get to the ball first in the air.

I watched him some last year and he can be a complete dominate force on the defensive end. With center being so weak, he could really become a star in this league.

219v0jp.jpg

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Whiteside is a good defender and rebounder. In today's NBA, that's generally good enough. He ain't no Rodman. He's not Bill Russell.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Whiteside reminds me of Hakeem with his back to the basket abitly
Whiteside reminds me of Alonzo with his defensive ability
Whiteside reminds me of Ewing with his shooting ability
Whiteside reminds me of Shaq with his sheer strength

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Whiteside is a good defender and rebounder. In today's NBA, that's generally good enough. He ain't no Rodman. He's not Bill Russell.

Well stated. COusy must be getting senile:(

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

The comparison was his timing ability. I never compared him to being Rodman's game. I compared his timing ability which Rodman was notorious for.

Also, he is probably going to become an elite defender and rebounder very soon.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whiteside reminds me of Hakeem with his back to the basket abitly
Whiteside reminds me of Alonzo with his defensive ability
Whiteside reminds be of Ewing with his shooting ability
Whiteside reminds me of Shaq with his sheer strength

Ummm, I think you just described Anthony Davis!!!!!

:smug2:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The comparison was his timing ability. I never compared him to being Rodman's game. I compared his timing ability which Rodman was notorious for.

Also, he is probably going to become an elite defender and rebounder very soon.
I guess that's fair enough. Point is, very good rebounder/defender, not so great offensive game, not an all time great at anything. Still above average for today's NBA (oh how the big man standard has fallen).

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess that's fair enough. Point is, very good rebounder/defender, not so great offensive game, not an all time great at anything. Still above average for today's NBA (oh how the big man standard has fallen).

Yea, thats why I said he will be a star for center because of how weak it is around the league. People act like DeAndre Jordan is Shaq. lol

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is this seriously part of your rationalization?

Nope. I was merely defending the assertion that Whiteside is a good starting center in this league.

My rationalization for ranking Miami over Chicago is experience. With a new season comes renewed health, so that isn't a factor. The Bulls have some question marks with Taj's injury and Noah being as injury prone as he is. I won't even get into Rose and his luck. The Bulls have a head coach who hasn't been a head coach yet in the NBA. Spoelstra isn't a very good coach, but he has a very fundamentally sound team. Even if Wade didn't play at all. They have a quality reserve at every position. A very good defensive-minded center. A power forward who is an inside and outside threat/perennial All-Star. And a point guard who is a borderline All-Star.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nope. I was merely defending the assertion that Whiteside is a good starting center in this league.
Again, part of your rationalization of Whiteside being a good center is Cousy compared him to Bill freakin Russell.

Stop with this.

My rationalization for ranking Miami over Chicago is experience. With a new season comes renewed health, so that isn't a factor. The Bulls have some question marks with Taj's injury and Noah being as injury prone as he is.
Congrats. You just contradicted yourself in consecutive sentences.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Again, part of your rationalization of Whiteside being a good center is Cousy compared him to Bill freakin Russell.

Stop with this.

Lolllllllllllllll!!

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Stop with this.

What I meant was: for the sake of argument, if you were going to use the injury argument to make a case against Miami (Wade), you could do the same for Chicago (Rose, Noah, Gibson). "Injuries" are not a factor because it's a wash between the two teams.

As for the whole Whiteside/Russell/Cousy thing, maybe Cousy is senile or whatever. It's a strange comparison. But chances are that if you are being compared to a great player, you are probably at least pretty good.

RichTUK

Liked Posts:
Talking about this guy?

[video=youtube;_ifcObgtlYM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ifcObgtlYM[/video]

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Whiteside reminds me of JaVale McGee with his basketball IQ