Do the Bulls Need to Trade

RichTUK

Liked Posts:
Ok, theres all sorts of fantasy scenarios going around crazy and legit blog sites but do the Bulls really need a trade.

I get that the intensity wasn't there last season like it was in 2013/14 when Rose was out, mainly thinking of Noah and Taj, feel pretty silly pointing it out, we all know. With the draft we are now pretty deep on big men and the league is pretty short on them which puts Gibson's value way up there into the area where we can get something good in return... But that's just my opinion

I seen a trade rumor the other day which could involve losing Taj and Captain Kirk in return to Otto Porter Jr and a couple of other bench guys and a 2016 protected pick. Back in Feb and March i'd have seen this as awful but Porter showed why he was an early pick towards the tail end of the season.

Now, I cant really see this trade as anything other than fantasy but I think we do need something. IMO we are the playoff version of the Timberwolves, great set up, good coach, the team on paper is awesome, but never quite seem to kill off the other team when it really really matters.

Anyway, my point is this, do we need to look at trades and take a risk in loosing someone like Taj and hope we get good value... or trust players like Dougie and Mirotic?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ok, theres all sorts of fantasy scenarios going around crazy and legit blog sites but do the Bulls really need a trade.

I get that the intensity wasn't there last season like it was in 2013/14 when Rose was out, mainly thinking of Noah and Taj, feel pretty silly pointing it out, we all know. With the draft we are now pretty deep on big men and the league is pretty short on them which puts Gibson's value way up there into the area where we can get something good in return... But that's just my opinion

I seen a trade rumor the other day which could involve losing Taj and Captain Kirk in return to Otto Porter Jr and a couple of other bench guys and a 2016 protected pick. Back in Feb and March i'd have seen this as awful but Porter showed why he was an early pick towards the tail end of the season.

Now, I cant really see this trade as anything other than fantasy but I think we do need something. IMO we are the playoff version of the Timberwolves, great set up, good coach, the team on paper is awesome, but never quite seem to kill off the other team when it really really matters.

Anyway, my point is this, do we need to look at trades and take a risk in loosing someone like Taj and hope we get good value... or trust players like Dougie and Mirotic?

I think that they should. We are top heavy with bigs and lacking in play makers. The problem with Taj is that he is coming off surgery and I do not believe he would be traded because of the question of how he recovers. The same thing applies to Noah. How will the off-season help him recuperate?

All that being said, I would look into trading Gasol while his value is high and his contract attractive. Maybe package him with Dunleavy or Snell and get a playmaker back plus a good draft pick.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's not a bad idea to move Taj if you can to try to get another rotation wing player. If you're the ultra pessimist, TRADE EVERYONE WE SUCK! :kermit:

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bulls really should trade Taj and Noah while they still have any kind of trade value. The Bulls really need a secondary wing player to go next to Butler and Dunleavy just isn't that guy.

Shed cap by getting rid of Noah and/or Gibson and stick with the trio of Gasol/Mirotic/Portis/cheaper fill-in as your rotating front-line. Or trade one or two of Taj and Noah for that perimeter weapon.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hawk, the reason we lost to Cleveland was because we lost Gasol. He was our best player last year. And for all we rag on Noah, I can't believe he led the team in assists last year.

I think we have to let them start the season as normal, prove to league Noah/Gibson are legit and ok, then trade them for the most future assets you can get while opening playing time for Mirotic and McDermott. We have plenty of playmakers in Rose/Butler/Gasol/McDermott/Brooks/Mirotic

Its Noah's contract that is up. He obviously doesn't fit the system anymore, move is obvious. You keep Gibson one more year and he goes next year. Gasol made Noah obsolete even if health doesn't matter, his expiring contract will make him easy to move at deadline. We have one solid move to make and if Gibson can prove his worth and have a plus season, then he can be traded someplace to start his final year of contract and be in line to get paid more than we will pay him at the cap boost year.

When I look at our assets, the future coming, and this management, all I can tell you is genius.

everything they have done for good reasons. We are sitting pretty for 4-6 years.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'd trade Rose and Butler for draft picks.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hawk, the reason we lost to Cleveland was because we lost Gasol. He was our best player last year. And for all we rag on Noah, I can't believe he led the team in assists last year.

I think we have to let them start the season as normal, prove to league Noah/Gibson are legit and ok, then trade them for the most future assets you can get while opening playing time for Mirotic and McDermott. We have plenty of playmakers in Rose/Butler/Gasol/McDermott/Brooks/Mirotic

Its Noah's contract that is up. He obviously doesn't fit the system anymore, move is obvious. You keep Gibson one more year and he goes next year. Gasol made Noah obsolete even if health doesn't matter, his expiring contract will make him easy to move at deadline. We have one solid move to make and if Gibson can prove his worth and have a plus season, then he can be traded someplace to start his final year of contract and be in line to get paid more than we will pay him at the cap boost year.

When I look at our assets, the future coming, and this management, all I can tell you is genius.

everything they have done for good reasons. We are sitting pretty for 4-6 years.

I have to disagree about sitting pretty. I think that they are stuck in neutral. I hate out bench other than Mirotic and possibly Snell who I m on the fence with. Having the same team next year is disappointing to me . A lot is promised about Hoiberg's up tempo offense whatever that turns out to be but you have to have the horses to run it and they don't have many play-makers in the back court and sf. Gasol is also old, Hinrich is dead weight and Dunleavy is crap as a starting player. I see a fifth place finish in the weak east based on age and injury history.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
8aeUywE.gif

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Moves need to be made for the sake of making a move.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, I would put everyone on this team up on the trade block. I know this sounds insane, but we are not winning a championship with this team, not this year, not in the next few years.

This team will remain competitive enough to look like we could make a run only to get knocked out in the second round again and again.

I know I am being pessimistic, but I really don't see the talent here.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
The Bulls really should trade Taj and Noah while they still have any kind of trade value. The Bulls really need a secondary wing player to go next to Butler and Dunleavy just isn't that guy.

they already don't have any trade value

hopefully one of them has a bounce back year and gains some value

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There seems to be an organizational advantage to taking the tax this year as several teams are loading up including the usual avoid like plague Bulls.

We'll see if the cap strategy ends in a bunch of trades or expiring contracts. I'm not sure what everyone is up to? Anybody?

The Bulls are deep and have distributed leadership, talent, depth, and youth. They can go in a bunch of directions depending on which injuries occur. The one injury that destroys the team is the MVP caliber and paid salary cap eater Derrick Rose. As long as Rose is attacking, Butler is defending, Gasol is fresh, ...I think the rest of the pieces are in place for variety and depth. You do almost desire Noah's contract just to expire and see what he gives you because of the passion, but its a shame to limit Mirotic too much more. I don't know. I'd try to move Noah to Portland. Boston is crazy. The Kings. He could be a Laker type thrive in hollywood for a couple years guy.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
I'd trade Rose and Butler for draft picks.

That is probably what some people want just to be able to watch the draft a little more intently.

The people who are never satisfied with what the Bulls have always think one meaningless trade is the way to go and even if Taj and Noah are injured, washed up and can't contribute as Bulls, some other team will give up a borderline all star or a couple of 1st round picks or both for them because they're so stupid.

If some of you had any sense you'd see that the Bulls' roster wasn't constructed to make a bunch of trades this year. They resigned Dunleavy because McDermott right now is an unproven quantity. He was hurt last year and didn't play much so they don't know what they've got. You can't assume he'll be a contributor all year long so that's why you keep Dunleavy. You don't trade Gibson because you don't know how much improvement Mirotic can make in year 2 in rebounding and on defense. Portis is raw rookie and only some fools online can afford to act like he's going to step right n and be any kind of contributing player. Gasol is one year older and the smart move is to play him a little less during the regular season so as not burn him out before the playoffs. Noah is coming back from an injury and he may not be as effective as in the past or he may actually recover and perform well. Those are the reasons you can't trade Noah and shouldn't trade Gibson until at least some of those questions are answered.

But with the way they have staggered the contracts of some players and the younger players they have brought in THIS year isn't the year to make trades. This season will show how much they can count on Mirotic and McDermott for 2016-17, if Gasol holds up and exercises his option, If Noah can still play and wants to return, if Gibson holds up, if Tony Snell matures in a big way. To me the next off season is when they can look at trading Gibson, Hinrich Dunleavy, letting Noah and Gasol go when those younger players show they can take meaningful places in the rotation with Butler and Rose. anchoring the lineup.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
the drafts are excepted to be ass the next 2 years

(i know gus was joking but thought i'd interject for anybody that might like that idea)

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
The Bulls need to dismantle the team and go back to its glory years from 99-04. :kermit: