Shaq says All-Time Lakers team beats All-Time Bulls team by 50!!!

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
This guy has lost his damn mind.

You can argue for either team to win, but by 50!?!

This is one more proof that this guy doesn´t know shit about basketball! He is on the halftime shows only because he´s a clown and kind of funny.

I liked Pippen´s response to this:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rs-team-would-beat-bulls-legends-by-50-points

Also I don´t see Horace Grant as a top 5 Bull. I would go with Rose-Jordan-Pippen-Rodman-Gilmore.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i don't know about 50 but i think they win

we only have one position where we have the better player and kobe is no slouch

maybe could argue Pip over Baylor but Magic > Rose, Shaq > Rodman, Kareem > Gilmore pretty easily

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he meant in a hypothetical universe in which Shaq made even 75% of his free throws... still no.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i don't know about 50 but i think they win

we only have one position where we have the better player and kobe is no slouch

maybe could argue Pip over Baylor but Magic > Rose, Shaq > Rodman, Kareem > Gilmore pretty easily

Unless Kobe shoots them out of the game trying to prove he's the best player on the court.

Would be very unorthodox to see two guys easily over 7'1'' on the floor and the same time.

I'm not sure I'd even start Rose. If the Bulls are playing under PJax/Tex and the triangle, there really wouldn't be much need to play a traditional point at all times. Maybe they could start Bob Love instead.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
50 points? We have the GOAT!

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
That Lakers team wins...I don't ever like going against Jordan...but the best player on that Lakers team might be a prime Kareem. All HOFers on that squad.

Horace Grant??? Loved Horace but no.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think the Lakers would win in a seven game series, however, shaq is an idiot.

One of the things that level the field is defense. Jordan would eat Kobe alive both ways. Who guards Rose? Certainly not Magic who couldn't guard anyone. Then we would have Pippin guard Magic and would control the guy. PF? I'd say Rodman would give Baylor a hard time particularly on the glass. Center? Have to give it to Kareem big time but Gilmore could guard the paint very well as a shot blocker and a good rebounder.

The more that I think about it...... Bulls win in 6:)

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That Lakers team wins...I don't ever like going against Jordan...but the best player on that Lakers team might be a prime Kareem. All HOFers on that squad.

Horace Grant??? Loved Horace but no.

So many what-if's involved in this hypothetical scenario. Who's coaching? What systems offensively and defensively does each team employ?

Does Shaq even play in the end of close games? Michael Jordan with THAT kind of talent to team with him loses? It's hard to bet against Jordan in any situation let alone that kind of one. So many great players on that Laker team (the greatest of which was Magic since Kareem was 5-10 years past his prime by the time he joined the Lakers), but even Magic is one level below the great Jordan.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
So many what-if's involved in this hypothetical scenario. Who's coaching? What systems offensively and defensively does each team employ?

Does Shaq even play in the end of close games? Michael Jordan with THAT kind of talent to team with him loses? It's hard to bet against Jordan in any situation let alone that kind of one. So many great players on that Laker team (the greatest of which was Magic since Kareem was 5-10 years past his prime by the time he joined the Lakers), but even Magic is one level below the great Jordan.

Lol...WHAT TALENT!!! The other team has a hall of fame player at every position! Are you kidding me? Who the hell guards Shaq the first 3.5 quarters? Jordan can't beat that team alone. And Kobe by himself was damn near a replica of Jordan in his prime. Kareem in his prime (which you want to ignore) was unstoppable! Who cares about old Kareem? He isn't in the equation....unless you want to put in post acl Rose....

LuvMyBears

Liked Posts:
Depends on the coach. It can't happen because Phil can't coach both. It's a paradoxical problem. If not Phil, then we have a game. I'd give the Lakers a +5 advantage, but MJ is not letting the Bulls lose in 7 games.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Depends on the coach. It can't happen because Phil can't coach both. It's a paradoxical problem. If not Phil, then we have a game. I'd give the Lakers a +5 advantage, but MJ is not letting the Bulls lose in 7 games.

i'd say Riley coaching the Lakers

but i don't see why you couldn't have Phil coaching both teams in this alternate universe where players from different eras come together in their prime to play together..Bulls get younger Phil/Lakers get older Phil

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol...WHAT TALENT!!! The other team has a hall of fame player at every position! Are you kidding me? Who the hell guards Shaq the first 3.5 quarters? Jordan can't beat that team alone. And Kobe by himself was damn near a replica of Jordan in his prime. Kareem in his prime (which you want to ignore) was unstoppable! Who cares about old Kareem? He isn't in the equation....unless you want to put in post acl Rose....

The "what talent" I speak of = Pippen, Gilmore, Rose, Love, Grant, Rodman, Kukoc, Brand, Noah, Van Lier, Sloan, Deng, etc.

Imagine Jordan on the same team as ALL of those guys. Insert Kukoc at the 4 and the Lakers would be forced to play smaller anyway.

Kobe was a top 10 player of all-time but a distant second to Jordan in terms of SG's. Nowhere near as fundamentally-sound as Jordan. Big difference in physical tools and skill set.

Abdul-Jabbar was at his best in Milwaukee (Alcindor). Still an all-time great as a Laker by the mid-to-late 70's, but if we are doing this with each player in their prime, he's not quite as good as pre-Laker years.

And what about '15 Gasol and '15 Butler. Throw them on the all-time Bulls. Lakers have more HOFers. And I'm not saying they wouldn't end up beating the Bulls. But I don't bet against Michael Jordan.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
The "what talent" I speak of = Pippen, Gilmore, Rose, Love, Grant, Rodman, Kukoc, Brand, Noah, Van Lier, Sloan, Deng, etc.

Imagine Jordan on the same team as ALL of those guys. Insert Kukoc at the 4 and the Lakers would be forced to play smaller anyway.

Kobe was a top 10 player of all-time but a distant second to Jordan in terms of SG's. Nowhere near as fundamentally-sound as Jordan. Big difference in physical tools and skill set.

Abdul-Jabbar was at his best in Milwaukee (Alcindor). Still an all-time great as a Laker by the mid-to-late 70's, but if we are doing this with each player in their prime, he's not quite as good as pre-Laker years.

And what about '15 Gasol and '15 Butler. Throw them on the all-time Bulls. Lakers have more HOFers. And I'm not saying they wouldn't end up beating the Bulls. But I don't bet against Michael Jordan.

The difference between Kobe/Jordan is mental, not physical. Jordan had "million dollar hands" according to Phil. Kobe's hands are smaller. But here is the question...What could Jordan do on the court so much better than Kobe?

you are "inserting" all of these extra players. The argument is about the two starting five players pictured. Jimmy Butler shouldn't even be mentioned in this conversation! Kareem as a Laker was better than any Bull not named Jordan. That is the problem. Pippen is the second best player on that Bulls squad. Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq, Baylor...all franchise players. All of those players are better than Pippen. That is a serious problem.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
Shaq is giving the Bulls an unfair advantage anyway with 7'2" Kareem and 7'1" Shaq out there together vs 6'10" Grant and 6'8" Rodman together.

Of course the Lakers will win.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The difference between Kobe/Jordan is mental, not physical. Jordan had "million dollar hands" according to Phil. Kobe's hands are smaller. But here is the question...What could Jordan do on the court so much better than Kobe?

you are "inserting" all of these extra players. The argument is about the two starting five players pictured. Jimmy Butler shouldn't even be mentioned in this conversation! Kareem as a Laker was better than any Bull not named Jordan. That is the problem. Pippen is the second best player on that Bulls squad. Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq, Baylor...all franchise players. All of those players are better than Pippen. That is a serious problem.

The Lakers have 6 of the best 12ish players of all-time (Magic, Kareem, Wilt, Shaq, Kobe, West). 10 of the best 50ish players of all-time if you include Baylor, Worthy, and Gasol. The problem is that they have a gluttony of centers. They can't play all 3 of them at the same time. They'd have trouble even playing 2 of them at once.

Bulls probably have a little more balance than L.A. Lakers undoubtedly are great all-around. Just don't say L.A. would surely destroy them. In fact, I'd argue that the All-Celtics team would beat both L.A. and Chicago.

Jordan was a much better defender than Kobe. Much stronger than Kobe. Noticeably better ball-handling ability. Considerably better playing off the ball. Those hands you speak of made Jordan considerably better at finishing near the rim/creating. Mentally, as you mentioned, Jordan was much better.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think either way the laws of physics are bound to be broken.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
The Lakers have 6 of the best 12ish players of all-time (Magic, Kareem, Wilt, Shaq, Kobe, West). 10 of the best 50ish players of all-time if you include Baylor, Worthy, and Gasol. The problem is that they have a gluttony of centers. They can't play all 3 of them at the same time. They'd have trouble even playing 2 of them at once.

Bulls probably have a little more balance than L.A. Lakers undoubtedly are great all-around. Just don't say L.A. would surely destroy them. In fact, I'd argue that the All-Celtics team would beat both L.A. and Chicago.

Jordan was a much better defender than Kobe. Much stronger than Kobe. Noticeably better ball-handling ability. Considerably better playing off the ball. Those hands you speak of made Jordan considerably better at finishing near the rim/creating. Mentally, as you mentioned, Jordan was much better.

Nobody cares about Wilt or the others! That isn't the argument here. The 5 on 5 shown isn't that close at all. And yes, the Bulls would have a serious, serious problem against that Lakers team. And I would take the Lakers' greats over any team's great players in the NBA.

Your analysis of Kobe/Jordan is woefully inaccurate, with the exception of Jordan's physical strength (not "much" stronger though) and mentality.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That Lakers lineup is insane. To say they would win is not an outlandish statement. It's a definite tough cover for Chicago, in spite of the great defenders they have.

That said, Jordan went 72-10 with far less talent (albeit no team had a HOF player at every position) for whatever that's worth. If anyone can overcome such insane odds, I'd say it's Jordan. Horace Grant is also not a top 5 Bull of all time, so we got short changed from the start lol. Maybe with Artis Gilmore we got a puncher's chance!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Holy shit, there are some real homers in here. That Laker team would destroy. Kareem and Shaq would just destroy the paint. I mean destroy it. Kareem sky hook was not guard able by the best centers and Shaq was maybe the most dominant player for years. They would chew them alive and I didn't even get to Magic, Kobe, and the studs behind them.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Somewhere someone is playing NBA2K with these teams.