Most Overrated/Underrated Bear

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
Overrated: Bushrod - imo this is his last season as a bear.

Underrated: Kyle Fing Fuller - kid is a playmaker, a student of the game and a great guy. Will be a great bear for the next decade.

Overrated: Gummie bears the candy.

Underrated: Gummie bears the cartoon.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Wow it amazes me how quickly some people on this board are turning on Kyle Fuller. It's as if a first round rookie doesn't come in and play at an extremely high level he's immediately written off. Fuller showed well, showed ability to play and succeed at this level especially after immediately being thrown into the fire as a starter. Fuller gets three years and seeing his talent and ability to play at this level is all I need to have confidence in him.

Guys who show no ability get a pass, guys who show ability I.e. Jeffery and Fuller get written off after year one by some.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Overrated: Polar Bears.... ur white, cool fuck off.

Underrated: Grizzly Bears.... fucking work horses of the Bears community.

A polar bear is way tougher than a grizzly bear. First of all, they live in harsher conditions. 2nd, they are bigger, stronger and more aggressive (when hungry).

You thank him for that unsolicited information you ungrateful son of a bitch

Ur right.... the man may not know jokes, but he knows Bears

not one of you racist sumbitches even mentioned black bears

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Overrated: Jay
Underrated: Cutler

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
I can't even deal with how bad some of your guy's analysis is...the people who think Fuller was exposed late last yr basically are first level morons who can't grasp that had peanut been healthy an INJURED ROOKIE would never had been matched up with impossible mismatches like Megatron. They're the people who basically have no fkn clue about anything, watch the games and see someone getting burned and then go to the water fountain at work and talk about how Fuller might have been a bad pick.

It's just mind numbing idiocy.....

"I didn't see Long opening up any holes...blah blah blargh"

Are mentally slow? Do you understand that one guy in the NFL doesn't just blow huge holes in defenses all by himself?? Lets see, who did Long play next to all yr? Who was probably bottom 3 in the league in run blocking from the Center position?

I mean some of these people have thousands of posts....just thousands of posts of absolute nonsense.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
A polar bear is way tougher than a grizzly bear. First of all, they live in harsher conditions. 2nd, they are bigger, stronger and more aggressive (when hungry).

Don't fuck with polar bears. Not only are they dangerous, it turns out they're smart, too. A friend of a friend worked as a veterinarian at a zoo and told me that the one animal that he's truly scared of is the polar bear. That includes lions, tigers, and everything else. When treating the zoo animals, it's routine that they would shoot the dangerous ones with a tranquilizer, they would fall over pretty quickly, and then they would enter the cage and do their thing to the animals. Well, he was always extra careful with the polar bears, even though he'd done it countless times. On one occasion, they shot at the polar bear with the tranquilizer. Predictably, the polar bear fell over, and the 2 vets entered the cage. As they walked closer to the bear, one of the vets didn't notice the tranquilizer dart on the bear. He then noticed that the dart didn't even hit the bear, because he saw it a few feet past it. At this point, he came to the realization that, holy shit, this fucking bear is playing possum! He then yelled GET THE FUCK OUT!!, and the two of them sprinted towards the exit like Carl Lewis. As they looked back, they saw the polar bear get up and run towards them. Luckily, they made it to safety, but who knows that damn polar bear had in store for them.

GoBears

Liked Posts:

Polar Bears give up as soon as their prey gets past them. Grizzlies on the other hand, have strong motors and all the intangibles you could want. Grizzlies also have the kind of swagger you need to win playoffs.

Polar Bears also have trouble learning the playbook.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Wow it amazes me how quickly some people on this board are turning on Kyle Fuller. It's as if a first round rookie doesn't come in and play at an extremely high level he's immediately written off. Fuller showed well, showed ability to play and succeed at this level especially after immediately being thrown into the fire as a starter. Fuller gets three years and seeing his talent and ability to play at this level is all I need to have confidence in him.

Guys who show no ability get a pass, guys who show ability I.e. Jeffery and Fuller get written off after year one by some.

What amazes me is how many people on this board of praising Kyle Fuller. This is a discussion of underrated/overrated. As of now, he's done little or nothing as an NFL player. I disagree about 'succeed'. He had a nice little early flash against some weaker teams. Then he got hurt. And was very bad.

His grade as of now is 'incomplete'. Suggesting otherwise is silly. If one is praising him, the he is, in fact, overrated. He's yet to do anything in this league to get high accolades. It's camp start 2015 season. He may go on to be a Pro Bowler. He may go on to be a bust. Until then, he's an unproven player about to go into his sophomore season. If people are going to heap big praise on him for less than stellar play on the field - and not for what he has at the potential to do - he'll get the 'overrated (at this point)' tag.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
I realize these are all 'summer is here, sports suck now' boredom threads, but let's define 'overrated' and 'underrated'.

To, me one who is overrated, is one who is unfairly praised by the media or fans, particularly as it relates to their contemporaries throughout the league. This can be on field production, effort, etc. The flipside for underrated. I always look at 'underrated' as the guy people SHOULD be talking about, but are talking about someone else.

For that, I say the most underrated Bear is Martellus Bennett. His stupid mouth and stupid brain overshadow his accomplishments, but when compared to his contemporaries around the league, he's very underrated. He just doesn't come up in conversation when discussing the best TEs in the game. Sure, we know Gronk/Graham/Thomas/etc - if you look at the numbers for last year, he lead the league in receptions (90) in a shit offense that just wasn't on the field much. He's also at the top of all the categories that matter (YPG, YPC, TDs). So to me, that's underrated.

But when I think about underrated, I think Jordy Nelson. Never gets mentioned among the top echelon of WR. All the guy does is make plays. For hockey, the comparison is Nik Hjalmarsson.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
I can't even deal with how bad some of your guy's analysis is...the people who think Fuller was exposed late last yr basically are first level morons who can't grasp that had peanut been healthy an INJURED ROOKIE would never had been matched up with impossible mismatches like Megatron. They're the people who basically have no fkn clue about anything, watch the games and see someone getting burned and then go to the water fountain at work and talk about how Fuller might have been a bad pick.

It's just mind numbing idiocy.....

"I didn't see Long opening up any holes...blah blah blargh"

Are mentally slow? Do you understand that one guy in the NFL doesn't just blow huge holes in defenses all by himself?? Lets see, who did Long play next to all yr? Who was probably bottom 3 in the league in run blocking from the Center position?

I mean some of these people have thousands of posts....just thousands of posts of absolute nonsense.

Did Kyle Fuller cover Calvin Johnson for 16 games?

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:
I realize these are all 'summer is here, sports suck now' boredom threads, but let's define 'overrated' and 'underrated'.

To, me one who is overrated, is one who is unfairly praised by the media or fans, particularly as it relates to their contemporaries throughout the league. This can be on field production, effort, etc. The flipside for underrated. I always look at 'underrated' as the guy people SHOULD be talking about, but are talking about someone else.

For that, I say the most underrated Bear is Martellus Bennett. His stupid mouth and stupid brain overshadow his accomplishments, but when compared to his contemporaries around the league, he's very underrated. He just doesn't come up in conversation when discussing the best TEs in the game. Sure, we know Gronk/Graham/Thomas/etc - if you look at the numbers for last year, he lead the league in receptions (90) in a shit offense that just wasn't on the field much. He's also at the top of all the categories that matter (YPG, YPC, TDs). So to me, that's underrated.

But when I think about underrated, I think Jordy Nelson. Never gets mentioned among the top echelon of WR. All the guy does is make plays. For hockey, the comparison is Nik Hjalmarsson.

Lol that's a pretty conventional definition for overrated/underrated. Does anyone see it differently?

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
No mention of Kodiak bears? They outweigh Polar bears by about 200 pounds. Talk about underrated.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Lol that's a pretty conventional definition for overrated/underrated. Does anyone see it differently?

Based on some of the responses in the this thread - particularly about Kyle Fuller - I'd say yes, some people must be seeing it differently.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
What amazes me is how many people on this board of praising Kyle Fuller. This is a discussion of underrated/overrated. As of now, he's done little or nothing as an NFL player. I disagree about 'succeed'. He had a nice little early flash against some weaker teams. Then he got hurt. And was very bad.

His grade as of now is 'incomplete'. Suggesting otherwise is silly. If one is praising him, the he is, in fact, overrated. He's yet to do anything in this league to get high accolades. It's camp start 2015 season. He may go on to be a Pro Bowler. He may go on to be a bust. Until then, he's an unproven player about to go into his sophomore season. If people are going to heap big praise on him for less than stellar play on the field - and not for what he has at the potential to do - he'll get the 'overrated (at this point)' tag.

I praise any rookie that can come in and show they can play at this level, especially any rookie that has played for the Chicago Bears. There has been so many draft picks in recent memory within this organization that lack the talent to play at this level. That statement also exists for many other teams out there who draft kids who would make first team all draft hype, draft hype that makes up the majority of the arguments on this board, draft hype that puts undue expectations on a fourth prospect to come in and start.

Fuller showed he can play at this level and do it well as a rookie at one of the most challenging positions for a rookie to come in and start at right away. Being a rookie CB in the NFL is likely only second to QB in terms of difficulty in transition from college to pro and Fuller handed that transition well by showing he can play and by playing through an injury.

Fuller from day one has practiced like a professional and been prepared like a professional. He didn't need to,learn how to be a pro like Shea McClellin who came in fat and under strength and then retook his a favorable position after hiring a cross fit trainer to shape him up and slim him down to rescue a career that hopefully ends in training camp. If Fuller can't take a step forward in his development then he'll be open to criticism, but until he shows an inability to play he'll get positive analysis from me.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What Fuller showed last season is that the dude will play through serious pain and injury. If you want to talk about an over rated player, why was an injured rookie lining up against everyone's #1 WR where was Jennings when Tillman got hurt?

Overrated

Ratliff, he is a good player but at 34 and struggling with injury he is not the rock on the DL that some make him out to be.

Houston, he seems to have proven himself as a high energy grinder who makes few big plays, there is a place for that on a defense, but at 7 million a season he was suppose to be more.

Underrated

Slauson, we know Kyle Long is a stud, but Slauson is the lynch pin. If he is healthy the Bears OL looks way better and I strong up the middle.

David Bass, the dude just quietly produces when bigger names look like they are done.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I praise any rookie that can come in and show they can play at this level, especially any rookie that has played for the Chicago Bears. There has been so many draft picks in recent memory within this organization that lack the talent to play at this level. That statement also exists for many other teams out there who draft kids who would make first team all draft hype, draft hype that makes up the majority of the arguments on this board, draft hype that puts undue expectations on a fourth prospect to come in and start.

Fuller showed he can play at this level and do it well as a rookie at one of the most challenging positions for a rookie to come in and start at right away. Being a rookie CB in the NFL is likely only second to QB in terms of difficulty in transition from college to pro and Fuller handed that transition well by showing he can play and by playing through an injury.

Fuller from day one has practiced like a professional and been prepared like a professional. He didn't need to,learn how to be a pro like Shea McClellin who came in fat and under strength and then retook his a favorable position after hiring a cross fit trainer to shape him up and slim him down to rescue a career that hopefully ends in training camp. If Fuller can't take a step forward in his development then he'll be open to criticism, but until he shows an inability to play he'll get positive analysis from me.

Some people think real life is Madden.

If a guy is on the field he is healthy, when in actuality guys limp onto the field and are playing at well below there capability because of injuries.

I would love to see some on here play CB against Dez Bryant with 1 hand, a bad hip and knee.

Biff I agree with your assessment.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Agree about Nelson. Even though he is a packer and I hate him two times a year, he is probably one of my favorite receivers to watch.

This is a good post. There is a reason that the coaches call him a building block on defense.

Liked Posts:
Hey! It's still "that time of the year" Not much to talk about. I've noticed lots of opinions being thrown around by poster here as to who's going to be great for us this year and Vice Versa.

Name your most overrated and underrated Bear.

Overrated: Jay Ratliff - Is it 2008? It seems like he's gotten the reputation around here as being an All-Pro again. There is a difference between being the shiniest turd on a terrible defense and being a great player. I really don't think he's anything more than serviceable, and he's got injury concerns.

Underrated: Lamar Houston- This one I understand a bit more. Meatball fans immediate reaction to him making a complete fool out of himself (and the Bears by proxy). Houston is not a bad player, and he's a good scheme fit. Whether or not he plays well coming off ACL surgery is up for debate, but people tend to discredit his on the field ability because he made himself look like a horses ass.

Oh holy shit. What are smoking lately. The other day you noted that you'd would like to see what McClellin has to offer at another new position. That made me laugh. But are you seriously going to undermine a guy (Ratliff) who was a Bull in the trenches for all for 4 quarters in all 16 games? Then in the same thought try to justify the value of a guy that hurt himself in a sack celebration?

You do realize that Ratliff is 32 is playing with more energy than most 26 year olds, especially the 20 something DT/DE's that hurt themselves in a solo sack celebrations. Do keep in mind that on top of this mentioned, along with Ratliff having excellent pass rushing burst & technique for 1 gap systems, one clearly cannot possibly overlook that he has the physique, size/weight of an undersized 3-technique, but has the raw power of a Wilfork type Nose Tackle & has made a career of collapsing pockets by steamrolling O-linemen greater in size than he is.

IMO, Ratliff is the black Chuck Norris of NFL DT's, & I only wish that he had been acquired a couple of years sooner, say for the 2010 season. Ratliff would have made the 2010 defensive unit a nightmare.

Supercalifragilizer

Liked Posts:
Overrated: Bushrod on Offense
Jennings on Defense

Underrated: Well, Matt Forte has been underrated by many for the better part of a decade now. Other than him, Martelus. He had a hell of a season and it didn't get talked about very much, not by people not called Martelus anyway.

Don't get why people are so down on Kyle Fuller, give the guy a chance. CB is a position that often takes longer to transition to the NFL. And Fuller played hurt a lot last year which doesn't tend to help. Oh and Mel Tucker, that is all. Its a minor miracle Fuller did anything as a rookie when you think about it.