Most Overrated/Underrated Bear

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:
Hey! It's still "that time of the year" Not much to talk about. I've noticed lots of opinions being thrown around by poster here as to who's going to be great for us this year and Vice Versa.

Name your most overrated and underrated Bear.

Overrated: Jay Ratliff - Is it 2008? It seems like he's gotten the reputation around here as being an All-Pro again. There is a difference between being the shiniest turd on a terrible defense and being a great player. I really don't think he's anything more than serviceable, and he's got injury concerns.

Underrated: Lamar Houston- This one I understand a bit more. Meatball fans immediate reaction to him making a complete fool out of himself (and the Bears by proxy). Houston is not a bad player, and he's a good scheme fit. Whether or not he plays well coming off ACL surgery is up for debate, but people tend to discredit his on the field ability because he made himself look like a horses ass.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Overrated: Christian Jones I think he's a stop gap at best but I'm eager to be proven wrong.

Underrated: Kadeem Carey

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Overrated - Kyle Fuller - I really like him, but he's been in the league one year and many times corners regress a bit in year 2 when opposing WRs have tape to start picking them apart. I'm also a bit bent about how people feel he'll just take over for Tillman who IMO is one of the best Bears cornerback all time.

Underrated - Cutler - Flame on! Seriously though, he pouts, has crappy body language and just seems like a douche bag, but he gives the Bears the best chance to win on Sunday. I'm far from a fan, but he's had a rocky road in Chicago. Weather it's a very defensive minded coach, horrible OCs, bad OL or a bad head coach he's always been a lightning rod for blame. He may very well deserve a lot of that, but he also shouldn't get all of it.

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:
Overrated: Ratliff
Underrated: Probably Cutler. But besides that Fuller is going to turn heads this year.

Man I really hope Fuller does. It stings so bad going back to back years having the player I wanted drafted right before the Bears. Donald then Leonard Williams

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Overrated - Cutler
Underrated - Shea

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Man I really hope Fuller does. It stings so bad going back to back years having the player I wanted drafted right before the Bears. Donald then Leonard Williams

Williams hurt because we got our hopes up. We thought for sure he would never last to 7. Then when he was there at 6 and the Jets being the team that least "needed" him, we thought we had him. It sucks.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Overrated: Polar Bears.... ur white, cool fuck off.

Underrated: Grizzly Bears.... fucking work horses of the Bears community.

A polar bear is way tougher than a grizzly bear. First of all, they live in harsher conditions. 2nd, they are bigger, stronger and more aggressive (when hungry).

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fucking Google causing more problems.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Over: Jay Cutler.

Under: Matt Forte

Right where they should be: Kyle fucking Long.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Overrated: Polar Bears.... ur white, cool fuck off.

Underrated: Grizzly Bears.... fucking work horses of the Bears community.
Wroooooooong.
Overrated is the koala bear. Asshat isn't even really a bear, just a wannabe slow leaf eating marsupial.
Underrated has to be the bear claw. mmmmmmm damn those things are gooooood.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What about Pandas? Our Panda was interesting.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Overrated: Matt Forte
Underrated: Jay Cutler

Overrated: Smokey
Underrated: Boo Boo

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Overrated - Kyle Fuller. Everyone was anointing him. I saw a couple of decent games against bad teams and many in which he looked downright horrible. Sure, injuries. Sure, rookie. Sure, no line pressure. I'd also add Robbie Gould (he sucked last year). Hell, I may even add Kyle Long to the list. I like what he's done. I just don't recall seeing any big holes opening up in the running game.

Underrated - Martellus Bennett. Yes he's a whack job, but he lead the NFL in receptions for a TE, was top 3 in YPG and up there in TDs. He's rarely mentioned in national circles, but by the sheer numbers, he's one of the better tight ends in the NFL. Hell, he caught almost 30 more balls than stalwarts Jason Witten and Heath Miller. In an offense that couldn't stay on the field. Other than that, I really can't think of an underrated player on the Bears. Almost every one outside of the known commodities (Forte, Alshon, etc) still has to prove themselves.