Is Eddie Royal the missing pc of this offense?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My guess is you will see the training wheels on Cutler. This staff has to know that hitching your wagon to him is a mistake.

My guess is he only throws 25 passes against the Packers. Many off play action to the sidelines.

When has any coaching staff been able to keep the training wheels on Cutler? Martz sort of cause he wasn't allowed to audible?

sulleymon

Liked Posts:
pretty sure an elite QB is the missing piece to this offense

well, let's just head on down to the elite QB store and pick one up because they're always available!

In the absence of an elite QB, a starting-caliber NFL quarterback will have to suffice, Cutler is the only one of those we've had since Erik Kramer.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Number two scoring offense is not elite? Well shit.

In 1985 we ranked outside the top 10 in 75% of all Offensive statistics for the season. But, they are considered the best Bears team of all time, and are talked about as the best team ever by some! Elite,Elite depends on the imagination, and I have yet to dream of any Bears team in which i would agree that their offense was elite. Offense's that are ELITE! Denver and Indianapolis(3 years), WHAT HAVE THEY WON?

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When has any coaching staff been able to keep the training wheels on Cutler? Martz sort of cause he wasn't allowed to audible?

So endeth the lesson!!!

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I'm actually really interested to see how Royal fits. With him being the slot WR you have to compare is the offense better with a 2nd TE or a FB on the field. I think on a pure talent or mismatch creating level it's a big add, but then again John Fox typically features a power running game that might better fit having a TE/FB on the field.

This is a weird thought, but would Royal of fit better with a Trestman offense than something Fox indirectly likes to run?

Finally, the other issue with Royal is his health. He could be the best slot WR in the league and greatly help this offense move the ball with ease, but if he misses 4-6 games that will hurt where they end up.

PeteMicheals

Liked Posts:
I'm actually really interested to see how Royal fits. With him being the slot WR you have to compare is the offense better with a 2nd TE or a FB on the field. I think on a pure talent or mismatch creating level it's a big add, but then again John Fox typically features a power running game that might better fit having a TE/FB on the field.

This is a weird thought, but would Royal of fit better with a Trestman offense than something Fox indirectly likes to run?

Finally, the other issue with Royal is his health. He could be the best slot WR in the league and greatly help this offense move the ball with ease, but if he misses 4-6 games that will hurt where they end up.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/ar...with-age/70dd3cc5-96f5-47a2-80a5-e2fc11dc5e1c

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Royal a lot. If White stumbles, comes out of the gate slow, or stays banged up, you might all be surprised how much attention he gets, with AJ and Bennett being the main targets, Wilson not getting that much love. Missing piece? No. But could be above average in the slot.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He's the speed the Bears need.