The Book On John Fox (Good Read)

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
For me this is the biggest question mark around Fox. I wish he would answer what happened there, what was the reason why they kneeled down, and did he learn from that experience?

Indeed. Would hate to see the Bears make all these improvements only to go down without a fight in January.

I wonder if denver players lost faith as they watched their qb's arm go to dirt at seasons end. It's never encouraging to have your offensive game plan shrink in the playoffs. Also, why put it all on Fox? I think Elway made a rash decision because there isn't much else he can change but felt like he had to do something. Kubiak was a lateral hire not an upgrade which shows how little planning went into Elway's decision.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
I don't know what you guys were watching but luck won those games for Tebow. Many teams including the Bears gave them wins in games they had no business winning.

Luck wins a lot of games but what really wins is the least mistakes. that's what I saw from tebow's run.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
My take away for this article:

Super Bowlers, he says. Not Pro Bowlers.

"And there's a difference," Fox asserts. "One is very selfishly motivated. The other is selfless. At the end of the day to have an edge in this profession, you have to be selfless. In that locker room, we had a bunch of selfless guys who were good dudes and genuinely cared and played for each other. And I think that's the great separator."

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
My take away for this article:

Super Bowlers, he says. Not Pro Bowlers.

"And there's a difference," Fox asserts. "One is very selfishly motivated. The other is selfless. At the end of the day to have an edge in this profession, you have to be selfless. In that locker room, we had a bunch of selfless guys who were good dudes and genuinely cared and played for each other. And I think that's the great separator."

That's exactly what I'm most excited about! While it may take time for the wins to roll in, imo we'll see a huge change in effort and responsibility on the field. No more pour drops by our lbers or blown coverage by our secondary.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
After reading this I am definitely more excited for this season.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did they get lucky at the end of those games? Absolutely.

But they had the mindset that they could come back and win those games when they were grossly undermanned. And once you start believing, strange things can happen.

lol

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some people are missing the point of the "Tebow run".

Yes, Tebow's contribution to those wins was pure luck and a total fluke. And a coach or team would be full on fucktarded to design a team around that horseshit. Which is why they tossed Tebow to the curb.

But thats not the point.

Point is the rest of the team in those games. Fox had the rest of the team playing like maniacs to keep them in the game. Point is NOT that they came away with flukey wins.

The point is that they were even in the position to come away with a win at the last second. Those game should have all been blowouts but the whole team fought balls out to keep them close.