Wish List for the Upcoming Season

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's time to get into it. I have stayed away from the 10+ page Cutler topics during the offseason (despite being called a Cutler hater). It is time now to start getting more mentally prepared for the upcoming season.

My (realistic) list of wishes for the upcoming season are:

1) A return to respectability. Quite simply become once again a tough hard hitting team that does not give up - a team that others do not look forward to playing.

2) A positive turnover ratio - More takeaways than giveaways.

3) More normal play calling - specifically cashing in and taking the 3 points unless it is an obvious situation to do elsewise.

4) A run stuffing defense

5) A run first offense

6) At least an average team on special teams (expectations lower here than originally planned due to the lack of drafting Tyler Lockett)

That is it. I am not overly concerned about wins and losses this season. I want this team to transition back to normal, and just hope that this may transform into something even more as the season progresses.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kyle Fuller doesn't steal anyone's job

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good list.

1. Cutler with a respectable TD/INT ratio.
2. Balanced offense of pass/run.
3. Not being blown out, in any game.
4. White being the 1B to Alshon's 1A, two stud WRs, with Royal underneath.
5. Utilizing Bennett more at TE.
6. Decent run defense.
7. Decent pass defense.
8. Winning record.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want to be able to watch sixteen Bears games this year without turning off the TV in disgust.

Baby steps.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
A respectable defense

More good Jay play

Forte scoring more than 10 rushing td's

The backup rb having about 600 yards

Getting past the 20 on special teams

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Good list.

1. Cutler with a respectable TD/INT ratio.
2. Balanced offense of pass/run.
3. Not being blown out, in any game.
4. White being the 1B to Alshon's 1A, two stud WRs, with Royal underneath.
5. Utilizing Bennett more at TE.
6. Decent run defense.
7. Decent pass defense.
8. Winning record.

He had the most catches at his position (also more than Alshon) and you want them to use him more? Uhh...ok I guess?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
1. Lead the league it turnover margin
2. Lead the league in scoring margin
3. Go undefeated

Go big or go home.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
As close to a 50/50 pass-run ratio as physically possible. Thats how the Cowboys made Romo look like the QB ESPN has claimed he is throughout his career, and I believe that Cutler will look like a competitive QB with the same strategy.

Top 10 in rushing yardage. We have one of the best RBs in the game right now, and a few pairs of fresh legs waiting for opportunities to impress, so there is no reason why we shouldnt be able to do this.

White gets at least 800 yards. I think 50 yards a game is a good average - he will have some empty games like most rookies, but as a home-run threat we should be able to expect a couple huge gains from him to even it out.

Signs of life on the defense. I really dont know how to quantify this wish, I just want to not feel like our defense wont prevent the team from having a shot at winning. Every position group needs to improve.

At least 8 games where our KR doesnt get stopped behind thw 20. It happens some times and I can tolerate that, and I want to encourage our guys to take a couple risks to get big returns, but last year was atrocious.

I am fully committed to the rebuild, and so the record isnt what I am going to stress about. I would, however, want our team to look like they are still in the game in the final few minutes.