NBA Offseason: Chicago Bulls interested in veteran free agent Baron Davis

Ron Burgundy

baron-davis-warriors.jpg

Recently former NBA point guard Baron Davis has announced he is attempting a comeback to the league and the Chicago Bulls are one of the teams rumored to be interested.https://twitter.com/xOrtiz4x/status/624045191025041408Davis was an exceptional point guard in his day, averaging 16.1 points and 7.2 assists per game in his career, while also averaging 1.8 steals a game in 15 seasons in the NBA. The Bulls have*three back up point guards on their roster with Aaron Brooks,*Kirk Hinrich and E'Twaun Moore.Hinrich has declined significantly in the past few seasons and if not for a player option it is likely he would not be on the team this year. Moore is an intriguing player who could turn out to be the next surprise player for the Bulls but with the offseason winding down it is still unclear if he is ready to play significant minutes and lead the second team successfully.

Brooks played very well during the regular season but did not show up in the playoffs *which has people*wondering *if Chicago should go with a bigger point guard who can handle contact and won't fold under pressure. At 6'3 and over 200 pounds,*Baron Davis is a big point guard who can cover more ground and take more contact than Brooks. He is also more of a set up point guard who will look to distribute to others instead of firing up shots left and right the way Brooks*would tend to do at times.*Davis is*36 years old veteran who hasn't played in three years.This assures that whoever signs him will be at the veterans minimum. Chicago could pick him up on a minimum deal and take a chance on him. Best case scenario is he gives the Bulls find a back up point who wont make mistakes and runs an efficient offense. Worst case scenario they have to eat a minimum contract. If Chicago chooses not to sign another big man other than the recently signed*Brazilian Cristiano Felicio, they should look to shore up the point guard position. The combination of scoring punch/speed with Brooks and playmaking/passing with Davis could make the Bulls bench a little more lethal this year. Signing Baron Davis might not pan out but*its worth a shot for the Bulls.

More...

Last edited by a moderator:

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
heres the tweet

"could" show interest? sounds like this guy just named some random teams he thought might show interest and doesn't have any inside track

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
The acting career isn't working out?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I doubt anyone has any interest in Baron

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
The Bulls already have Baron Davis. His name is Derrick Rose.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
B-Dizzle should be ashamed of himself for what he did to my boy AK47 in the playoffs