Chicago Blackhawks reach deal to build new practice facility

Ron Burgundy

blackhawks_renderings1.png

Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel will announce this morning that the city of Chicago and the Chicago Blackhawks organization have reached an agreement to build a new practice facility and community ice center.The Blackhawks' current practice facility is Johnny's IceHouse which is about one mile west of the United Center. The new practice facility and community ice center will be built on the site of the Malcolm X College which is just south of the United Center. Malcolm X College will be moving to a new campus next year.Blackhawks chairman Rocky Wirtz has said a number of times how important this facility will be for the youth in Chicago.*The city lacks indoor ice arenas for surrounding communities to use. Wirtz said last month that this new facility will be mostly used by the community.The new 125,000 square foot facility will include two ice rinks.*The practice facility will take two years to build with construction beginning next year.Check out photos of the renderings below via the Chicago Blackhawks:

More...

Last edited by a moderator:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Time to organize a CCS ice hockey team for the beer leagues that they'll (hopefully) have there?

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Considering I could probably pull off a good Patrick Roy impression, I'm sure I could coach the team myself. ;)