White Sox Aggressively Pursuing Bat; Interested In Upton, Cespedes

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
It'd be pretty cool to have either one of those guys on the team but at what cost?

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
So much for that idea.

I fvcking hate being a sportsfan of Chicago based teams.

It's the same ol bullshit every year:

1. Newly acquired players epically failing the minute they suit up.

2. Front offices who have no sense of urgency about winning.

3. Front offices who fall in love with marginal players.

4. Fan bases who roll over and accept this nonsense year after year.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Would have made sense if the Sox were buyers, pitch Chris Sale in a WC game and you have a great shot to win. But they did nothing, which I don't understand any part of.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Would have made sense if the Sox were buyers, pitch Chris Sale in a WC game and you have a great shot to win. But they did nothing, which I don't understand any part of.

They might not have wanted to give up Micah, Danish, Hawkins, Anderson, Avi, Rodon, or any combination on that list to acquire Cespedes, Upton, Montas, or any other hitters that were available.

Of course, most knowledgeable fans like myself knew they wouldn't do shit once they faced teams with winning records. I consider that seven game winning streak to have come at the worst possible time for this franchise. They need good young bats to give Abreu support, but this team is too frightened to piss off hardcore fans with another White Flag trade because the owner doesn't want the bad publicity that followed the '97 deals and he is desperate for another ring since he's up there in age.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
They might not have wanted to give up Micah, Danish, Hawkins, Anderson, Avi, Rodon, or any combination on that list to acquire Cespedes, Upton, Montas, or any other hitters that were available.

Of course, most knowledgeable fans like myself knew they wouldn't do shit once they faced teams with winning records. I consider that seven game winning streak to have come at the worst possible time for this franchise. They need good young bats to give Abreu support, but this team is too frightened to piss off hardcore fans with another White Flag trade because the owner doesn't want the bad publicity that followed the '97 deals and he is desperate for another ring since he's up there in age.

But you have to give up good pieces to get good pieces in return. Outside of Samardzija, who do the Sox have that would yield "good young bats" in return? Teams aren't just handing them out.

Icculus

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
But you have to give up good pieces to get good pieces in return. Outside of Samardzija, who do the Sox have that would yield "good young bats" in return? Teams aren't just handing them out.

David Robertson, Jose "Nobody fucks with the Jesus" Quintana, Avisail Garcia. They would have been better off looking at contending a year or two down the road than saying, "Why not us?" this year.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Quintana was the big trade piece!! Contract and control years made him a 100 times more valuable than JSAM!! But 21st century steroid Kenny would rather try to luck his ass into the playoffs. Like Brett has already said, "You can't play the Indians and BoSox 162 times a year.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
David Robertson, Jose "Nobody fucks with the Jesus" Quintana, Avisail Garcia. They would have been better off looking at contending a year or two down the road than saying, "Why not us?" this year.

[/B]

Quintana was the big trade piece!! Contract and control years made him a 100 times more valuable than JSAM!! But 21st century steroid Kenny would rather try to luck his ass into the playoffs. Like Brett has already said, "You can't play the Indians and BoSox 162 times a year.

So why not hang on to those pieces if you're looking to contend a year or two down the road? I believe they're both under contract for a while.

I'm not saying the White Sox should've been huge buyers, either. But I don't think this team's window is slamming shut after 2015.

Icculus

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
There is no contending window for this team in the near future. That's the problem. Do you expect this team to get a wild card spot next year?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There is no contending window for this team in the near future. That's the problem. Do you expect this team to get a wild card spot next year?

Sure there is. When you have good pitching, with a little luck you always have a chance to compete. The Sox weakness is in their failure to secure quality 4-5 starters and a big flop by a couple of free agents who shit themselves this season. I'll give Hahn a pass this year, though, in that their owner is a big asshole and wouldn't cough up the necessary money. They are not far away.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Getting Danks' sorry ass out of town would have been a start.

That's the problem with this front office... they hold on to players way too long, then are stuck with zero value contracts.

They could learn a thing or two from the A's about creativity.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Getting Danks' sorry ass out of town would have been a start.

That's the problem with this front office... they hold on to players way too long, then are stuck with zero value contracts.

They could learn a thing or two from the A's about creativity.

Ya mean the team that is in last place?