Jeremy Langford will take carries away from Forte by mid season.HubArkush

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Then who will be doing that before mid season?

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
...in.

giphy%2B%284%29.gif

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Im all for someone taking away carries from Forte, I've been wanting a one-two punch since 2011. Speaking of carries what is going on with Carey? I hear nothing about him

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Im all for someone taking away carries from Forte, I've been wanting a one-two punch since 2011. Speaking of carries what is going on with Carey? I hear nothing about him

Carey is a little too much like Forte for him to really come in and be a one-two punch. I think once Forte is gone, he'll make a nice tandem with Langford (assuming both pan out).

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Langford is a great prospect, but it sure seems early for this kind of talk. It would be great if he is starting material.

I like Forte, but extending him may be a luxury this team cannot afford.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
It makes sense with this staff, they like to use several running backs and it's better to spread the load around so they are fresh. We also need a replacement for Forte since he is hitting the 30+ side, and we cannot afford to overpay him next year.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Langford is a great prospect, but it sure seems early for this kind of talk. It would be great if he is starting material.

I like Forte, but extending him may be a luxury this team cannot afford.

Forte is outstanding.. but doubtful he will still be in good shape when the bears return to competetiveness. It is a shame, he busted his ass for this team. But you are right- might be time to start looking ahead.
Ultimately you are correct- Forte is a luxury that helps now, not long term. and long term is where this team needs to put its efforts.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
I've been on record not liking the pick; OTOH, Forte is about to hit 30 and won't be signed here if he wants big money, so I would be happy if Langford proved me wrong.

I think Forte is gone after this yr, and we still need to figure out who the bell cow will be after this season.

Just another reason to think we're years away from where we want to be.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hub is never afraid to drum up clicks. Day 2 of Camp and Langford is already pushing Forte out the door...
Yup.

I like a lot of his articles, but always take them with a grain of salt.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think we are a couple of years from hitting the playoffs, but I will be interested to see how much we improve the first year.

I disagree. I think the whole rebuilding thing has been dead for a while now

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:

Define rebuilding?

A lot depends on whether you have a quality starting QB and his age....

We not only don't have a quality starting QB, but we don't even have the replacement yet.

It's probably going to take awhile....

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Someone has to step up and take some of the work from him. He can't carry the offense forever and stay as durable as he has been. He's not a young man anymore.

Regardless of whether Forte is extended a couple of years at a bargain price or if he seeks another pay day elsewhere, we need another capable back to step up, share the work, and hopefully transition into the next pro bowl caliber Bears' RB when Matt is done. Hopefully Langford is it.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They clearly do not see Forte in the future, not do I think Pace/Fox will be investing that type of money at the position in the future.

Langford has to be ready.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:

Disagree about what? I didn't say anything about rebuilding. Are you saying you think we are playoff ready right now? If that's what you believe I hope you are right !

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Langford will get 20 carries per game by the end of the season. He'll clearly distinguish himself as the better back. Forte peaked and it's all down hill from here.