Jeremy Langford will take carries away from Forte by mid season.HubArkush

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
There is always a glimmer of hope that Forte will recognize the risk in his age and sign a 3 year extension that is favorable to the bears. And I'm holding onto it dammit.

Maybe but I don't he'd take the paycut CHI would ask of him. He likely not get a great deal in FA, but that's how things usually turn out. I think it's inevitable that he's gone next year.

AussieBear

so what hub is saying is dont take forte in fantasy football..

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Carey is just a mediocre backup, if Langford has anything Carey will be gone.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
I'm sorry but I've had it with Bears fans and this shit. Benson's and TJ's stats from the 2006 season were virtually identical (6 TDs, 4.1 YPC). They were a tremendously effective running back duo. Sure Benson had a rough year in 07, but the Bears don't get to the Super Bowl in 2006 without Benson. Benson was a pro-bowl caliber talent when he played for Cincy with a capable QB and legitimate NFL offensive line. He's no more of a bust than any other NFL RB that produces 3-4 high quality seasons (probably the league average these days).

And while TJ would occasionally gash defenses for a big run, 3 out of 4 times he would get tackled for a loss or minimal gain because he would be prancing around the line of scrimmage waiting for the perfect crease. Benson was much more efficient, and was able to produce more manageable 2nd and 3rd down situations.

Ultimately, RB is the most disposable position in the NFL. Unless it's Peterson or Lynch back there, any team giving a hefty contract to a RB over 30 deserves whatever salary cap hell is coming their way.

Hahaha this is the first time I've ever seen someone stand up for Cedric Benson.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
I'm sorry but I've had it with Bears fans and this shit. Benson's and TJ's stats from the 2006 season were virtually identical (6 TDs, 4.1 YPC). They were a tremendously effective running back duo. Sure Benson had a rough year in 07, but the Bears don't get to the Super Bowl in 2006 without Benson. Benson was a pro-bowl caliber talent when he played for Cincy with a capable QB and legitimate NFL offensive line. He's no more of a bust than any other NFL RB that produces 3-4 high quality seasons (probably the league average these days).

And while TJ would occasionally gash defenses for a big run, 3 out of 4 times he would get tackled for a loss or minimal gain because he would be prancing around the line of scrimmage waiting for the perfect crease. Benson was much more efficient, and was able to produce more manageable 2nd and 3rd down situations.

This has to be the dumbest thing I've ever read.....

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
How could a 30 yr old Forte expect the same pay, or even close to the same pay, at 30 than at 26 or whatever he was?

I just don't get that thinking. I am not saying people are wrong, but players confuse me with this thinking. That's why you have to go all the way getting that 2nd contract as lucrative as possible. Once you hit your late 20s as a RB your value drops precipitously and that's just how it is.

I think he'll probably be gone, but OTOH, if he has a solid yr and they don't see Langford as the #1 of the future, why would a 2 yr 7.5M contract be so unthinkable?

Rise

Liked Posts:
Come on, now. If there is one thing you bet the farm on its Forte showing up in not just "good shape," but PHENOMENAL SHAPE.

We also need to realize that turn arounds don't take 5 years. We should be back in playoffs NEXT YEAR. And once you're in the playoffs, anything can happen.

Probably starting a rookie QB next year, so doubtful. I think we suffer this year, improve next year but don't really contend until year 3.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Probably starting a rookie QB next year, so doubtful. I think we suffer this year, improve next year but don't really contend until year 3.

Ya, who said 5 yrs?

I love how people who want to pretend there is no such thing as rebuilding in the NFL arbitrarily assign half a decade to what the word means when virtually no one uses it in that way.

3 yrs, yup....there's a good chance it's going to take that long back to contention SINCE WE DON'T EVEN HAVE CUTLER'S REPLACEMENT IN CAMP RIGHT NOW.

Look, hopefully we get the next Luck. but most people need a couple years to really become quality starters, plus we have a zillion holes on the Defense.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Not sure about that. Some people, including myself thought Ka'Deem Carey would take away carries last year and he was arguably the best college running back in 2014. Maybe there will be more carries for other running backs with some new coaches around now. I'd like that. Most teams use at least 2 running backs and teams like the Saints, Broncos and Patriots use more than 2.

Changes the pace and also gives Matt Forte a break.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Ya, who said 5 yrs?

I love how people who want to pretend there is no such thing as rebuilding in the NFL arbitrarily assign half a decade to what the word means when virtually no one uses it in that way.

3 yrs, yup....there's a good chance it's going to take that long back to contention SINCE WE DON'T EVEN HAVE CUTLER'S REPLACEMENT IN CAMP RIGHT NOW.

Look, hopefully we get the next Luck. but most people need a couple years to really become quality starters, plus we have a zillion holes on the Defense.

Trick answer!! Cutler's replacement isn't in camp right now because Cutler's not going anywhere!