Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Thats what you took from it?
Not just that. Good for Knox, but Lovie repeatedly hires/promotes players and coaches that are inferior or washed up just because he knows them.

Babich
Martz
Tice
Wright
McCown
Conte
Isaiah Frey
DJ Moore
Evan Rodrigez
Pace
Archuleta

I'm sure I am missing some, but he makes bad, career jeopardizing decisions based on his comfort of familiarity. It's not like he is bringing in some good and some bad players and coaches he knows, he is basically batting .000 on these types of decisions. Either he is horrible at evaluating the people he knows most or he is willing to take inferior staff risking his own position to be comfortable. If the later is true that is pathological.

Edit: I forgot Marinelli. So he has hit on one.

Last edited:

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Karma has nothing to do with Knox getting a job, that's likely hard work and some nice connections that landed him this gig.

Yeah I had quotes from a few of those shitbirds in my sig for a while on the old CBMB. I don't remember who they were anymore.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Vash were you one of the people who mocked knox behind his... Back?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not just that. Good for Knox, but Lovie repeatedly hires/promotes players and coaches that are inferior or washed up just because he knows them.

Babich
Martz
Wright
McCown
Conte
Isaiah Frey
DJ Moore
Evan Rodrigez
Pace
Archuleta

I'm sure I am missing some, but he makes bad, career jeopardizing decisions based on his comfort of familiarity. It's not like he is bringing in some good and some bad players and coaches he knows, he is basically batting .000 on these types of decisions. Either he is horrible at evaluating the people he knows most or he is willing to take inferior staff risking his own position to be comfortable. If the later is true that is pathological.

Edit: I forgot Marinelli. So he has hit on one.

I hear what you are saying, but not so sure that throwing some former players a bone and showing meaningful loyalty with some entry level, tossaway internship type jobs fits into that shit.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
this is like when torry holt came to our camp, what is the big deal, it's a glorified photo opp. bastards

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I hear what you are saying, but not so sure that throwing some former players a bone and showing meaningful loyalty with some entry level, tossaway internship type jobs fits into that shit.
The Knox thing is probably the least indicative of what I am speaking and a nice gesture by Lovie, but I have ceased to be surprised when Lovie hooks up with a newly cut former player or coach.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
That's why in the NFL it's who you know, not what you know. The NFL is an exclusive club where former players can become coaches regardless if they are qualified.

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Glad to see he is getting work. Surprised he can even walk. That was the sickest injury I have ever seen.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I would not be shocked to hear Lovie hired Moses Moreno to work with the QB's. His need for comfort in familiarity borders on pathological.

Wouldn't happen, Moreno isn't black.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Feels like everyone in the NFL does this, though. It's one giant good-old-boy network.

It is, and more than the NFL. Everyone in all the US sports do it. Probably only the NBA has it very little but that's harder to do because there are so few roles for staff & players there. Though it's prominent in Baseball and Hockey all the same. Really it's said that around 70% of Jobs in general in America are based on connections, not merely resumes. It's how job offers work in most situations.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Good for him! All aboard the Good Ship Lovie!

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would not be shocked to hear Lovie hired Moses Moreno to work with the QB's. His need for comfort in familiarity borders on pathological.

The fact that you took a weird sideswipe at Lovie based on a feel good nothing story borders on pathological.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
539b36501536723967b335b6_crazy-eyes.jpg

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I'm glad to see Lovie has hired Knox. I was at the game when he was injured. I thought for sure he was paralyzed. The Seahawks pounded the Bears that day but I just didn't care because I couldn't shake the concern I had for Knox's well being. I wish him nothing but the best.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Good luck to Knox, but I agree with other posters that hires like this are classic questionable Lovie moves. That being said, it may be a very human thing to do to give someone a shot whose career was ended by a horrible injury.

This may be lovie's last season as a head coach if he can't get 7+ wins. And to think that hinges on famous jameis.... WOW. A coach with a scheme that the NFL has passed by plus the inability to find a good staff will likely be his downfall.