'Rowdy' Roddy Piper Dies at 61 From Cardiac Arrest

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
WWE wrestling legend 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper has died at his California home at the age of 61, the athlete's agent told Variety Friday.

"Rod passed peacefully in his sleep last night," Jay Schacter told the publication in an e-mail.

Piper suffered a heart attack shortly before his death, Variety said.

The wrestler joined the WWE in 1984 after spending a number of years with the National Wrestling Alliance.

He is survived by his wife, Kitty, and four children.

Born Roderick George Toombs in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, he was well known for his bouts with fellow wrestler Hulk Hogan.

Piper's death comes days after Hogan, his biggest rival for decades, was fired by the WWE.

Piper and Hogan battled for years and headlined some of the biggest matches during the 1980s. Hogan and Mr. T defeated Piper and Paul Orndorff on March 31, 1985, at the first WrestleMania at Madison Square Garden.

Piper was a villain for the early portion of his career, once cracking a coconut over the skull of Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka.

The six-foot-two WWE Hall of Fame inductee's signature move was the Sleeper Hold.

Numerous fellow wrestlers and celebrities lamented his death on social media.

"Devastated to hear the news of my friend Roddy Piper's passing today. He was a great wrestler, a masterful entertainer and a good friend," film director John Carpenter wrote on Facebook.

Piper starred in Carpenter's 1988 science-fiction film, "They Live."

"Roddy Piper. I love you forever. God bless you, Bubba," The Iron Sheik tweeted.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/07/31/wrestling-legend-roddy-piper-dead-at-61/

BirdDog1980

Liked Posts:
RIP Hot Rod. One of my all time favorites.

Ronda Rousey has dedicated her fight in honor of Piper. She's a big fan of wrestling, and personally asked Hot Rod if she could use the nickname "Rowdy". It would be badass if she walks out to some bagpipes.

With all of these legends dying in the past few years, there's gonna be one hell of a Battle Royal up there...

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Piper was a man. Greatest heel to ever walk. He wasn't a freak in size but his mouth man. You ever want to see guy who made it because of his personality. That was Piper. There is no Hulk Hogan without Piper. There is no WWE without Piper. All I can think is he came on this Earth to kick ass and chew bubblegum and he is all out of bubblegum.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Just when you know the answer....I change the question

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;c9rrgJXfLns]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9rrgJXfLns[/video]

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
"What would you have me do at 49, when my pension plan I can’t take out until I’m 65. I’m not gonna make 65. Let’s just face facts, guys." - Roddy Piper