IST: The Remaining Year

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Use this thread for what is left.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
If we were any good, last night's game would have given me ulcers. Time for the guys on this team to figure out who wants to have a job in 2016.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we were any good, last night's game would have given me ulcers. Time for the guys on this team to figure out who wants to have a job in 2016.

Sad but true. I actually believed in this team as Im sure a lot of people did before the season started. This last win streak had me almost start to believe again, but I told myself not till they are over 500. All they did was botch another trade deadline.

Go Cubbies? :cubspalm:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Just wait til the Sox fatten up on their weak opponents at the end of this month: a 10-game stretch against Seattle and Boston. Probably win just enough for us to raise a collective eyebrow in their direction ... only to be destroyed by the AL Central in September to put this season to rest for good.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
DMelt36, Can you sticky this for us? Our Mod is AWOL

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I'm hoping that what Rodon did last night to the Angels is a sign of things to come. Maybe not this year, but soon.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
That start from Rodon last night is everything you dream about him becoming on a consistent basis.

Real fun game to attend as well.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Happy we are not packing it in. Two very nice wins against KC

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Q finally got some run support. With the addition of Rodon in the rotation we have three very solid lefties and a solid bull-pen also. Nate looks pretty good as a set up guy(still wish they'd made him a starter, though).

I think this is Alexi's last year with Saladino taking his place. I really like the guy's grit and how he doesn't give away an AB. Outfield is also very solid and deep. LaRoach is a big fat bust and they need to flush him away. The Soto is okay but pretty old so they need a young stud from somewhere.

I also think that Robin needs to be replaced. Nice guy but I just do not think he is much of a leader. Keep Cooper, though. He is as good a pitching coach as they get. Think Hahn has done an okay job thus far. He couldn't have foreseen LaRoach shitting himself all season. I really though that he'd be a solid middle of the order hitter in that line-up. They have got to find a hitter who can force them to pitch to Abreau. That should be their number one priority in the off season. Trace Thomas might b a star in the making but it really is too early to tell. We will see the remainder of the season and next year.

ANyway, that is how I see it. Not an awful year but it was disappointing.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Johnson looks really good. If he indeed fills his potential whoa momma with our starting staff.

I know you like Jones but his role is the pen.

I'd like a catcher. I'll take our chances elsewhere though a competent Dh would be nice

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Shark needs two more outings like this to guarantee him to be a success for someone else and an extra pick for us.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
I wouldn't even give that Indiana douchebag aka baseball's version of Jay Cutler a qualifying offer. I'd rather they use the money saved from not trying to bring back fuckface and giving Alexei well wishes and going on the market for a 3rd baseman, possibly a corner outfielder who can hit for power (SLG >.450), and maybe a SS if Hahn and company don't have confidence in Saladino holding that fort until Tim Anderson is ready. Of course, Trayce Thompson might be that corner outfield guy which if he can keep producing while getting more plate appearances that means you're not stuck with Avi since he has not displayed any improvement that was expected this year.

I want to see if talented guys like Eaton, Melky, Micah Johnson, and others can play in a non-Romper Room fashion once Special person Robin and every coach not named Don Cooper (though I don't care if they find another pitching coach as well) is fired (I'm assuming this has to be his last year). I mean all the butchered fielding plays combined with numerous caught stealing attempts and other examples of horrible base running blunders indicate lack of teaching and coaching far more than a lack of major league talent.

For manager PLEASE hire one of these names

1. Bud Black: He got a raw deal in San Diego and he would be like Gene Lamont. He won't win you more than two or three more games per year, but unlike Special person Ventura and post-2008 Ozzie he won't lose you a bunch either.
2. Dave Martinez: He's been ready for awhile and he's learned from Maddon, so he's SABR friendly which means dumb ideas like batting Tyler Saladino 2nd would be kept to a minimum or just never allowed completely. Also, if Ryno is hired in some ambassador role for the North Siders, I'm pretty sure he won't want to work in the same environment as one of the guys who supposedly cuckolded him.
3. Sandy Alomar: Former catcher, smart guy with a baseball pedigree and is the son of a former manager/coach. Also, he caught games for the Sox so he fills the former player quota that Reinsdorf seems to love for some reason.
4. Ron Gardenhire: I'm not as high on him as some others are here because I don't want to see more ill advised bunts, excuse me "Ozzieball" and while the Twins did win the Central almost every year that he managed them they only won one playoff series in that entire span. However, he does emphasize fundamentals and that means fielding and base running would improve immediately and exponentially. If Hahn is as analytical as his reputation suggests and Ron would listen to him (and not say, "I make the fucking lineups" like Ozzie) and not act like an arrogant prick, then I think bunts would be laid down at the appropriate times, especially since advanced stats usually prove that bunting not only gives away outs; it decreases the chance of scoring one run or more with anyone in scoring position and that assumes that the bunt is successful.

Finally, I really hope Williams takes the Toronto President job. I'll drive him to O' Hare if that happens. He's the main reason this team is in its current situation and while I'm grateful for 2005 he hasn't done much good since then and Jerry should have fired him after the Dave Wilder fiasco.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I am hoping Frankie gets two more starts. I want to see what he can do. I like our rotation of Sale, Rodon, Q, and Johnson. That leaves one spot on the rotation for 2016. Danks appears to be the guy, but I am hopeful he gets traded with us taking a bit of the contract and getting a solid High A spec for him. So we have internally Frankie, Carroll, and possibly Beck in the mix for the #5. Fulmer I would want a full year I believe of pitching in the minors with a consideration as a Sept call up in 2016,

That gives us a pretty darn solid starting staff. With a healthy Jones, our bullpen should be fine as well next season.

We still need to do the routine things. I can be fine with the lack of hitting if we can just field the ball well and run the bases appropriately. That with the pitching is really enough. Anything we get hitting wise would be sprinkles on the cake.

The team needs to address C, 3b, SS in a pretty bad way. The OF seems to be as good as it will be and that's not that bad. We also need a DH, but I imagine they'll give Laroche another shot since he's under contract and I can't see anyone inquiring about him much like no one really did with Adam Dunn.

Hahn has claimed that the team is on a three year plan, so let's see what year #2 brings.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox/rick-hahn-says-robin-ventura-will-return-white-sox-2016?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

However, the the staff will look new because

http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox/white-sox-dismiss-bench-coach-mark-parent

So keep the Chief, but fire the employees? It's the fault of the guys that took orders from Robin. Not Robin giving out shitty orders (if he's not a puppet for KW or Hahn). Considering this news, they can no longer bitch about the lack of attendance or talk any kind of shit about us the fans. They've turned into the Dollar Bill Blackhawks. I'm moving out to Germany to stay with my wife anyway, so there's no reasons that aren't named Chris Sale, Carlos Rodon, or Jose Abreu for me to pay much attention to these shitdicks next year.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Danks in an interview on 670 the score yesterday stated that much of the team under performed this year....duh. Who gets the blame for that ? Can the manager be held responsible for that or is it players having their heads up their asses?