Updates to the Kane situation

Is #88 a Dumpster Fire?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
If this really is a rape, that excuse won't wash, AT ALL! But I'm going to wait out the info and hope for the best. But I have this bad feeling in my gut that says he really fucked up this time. Hope I'm wrong.

That excuse was used for him when he was sloshed up in Madison for some drinking fest (outside of everyday Madison).

Nothing ever excuses rape.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Everybody on Twitter keeps mentioning this, but what has he done outside of the cabby incident that was really news worthy in the offseason? Sure he's been busted for getting a little two sauced up, but what early 20 year old doesn't act like that? While yes he should be more discrete with it, it's not like he's been causing mayhem every offseason.

Yeah, not every person that acts like an idiot when drunk also becomes a rapist. And, like you said, he's largely been out of trouble since the Madison incidents.

Still waiting for something more concrete though.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Bernstein just reported that it involved rape, but Bernstein is an idiot so there is that.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Remember MCD said any more incidents and your Blackhawk career is over. Johnny McD doesn't mess around. So even if he pleas or settles out, he could still be in jeopardy.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
350a8de99ed45962cf1649a3bbfccaad.jpg

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I'm sure we will know within a few hours what the deal is. With how much Kane is be lambasted on social media and some media outlets I can't imagine his agent allows this to keep going on if their isn't any truth to it.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Everybody on Twitter keeps mentioning this, but what has he done outside of the cabby incident that was really news worthy in the offseason? Sure he's been busted for getting a little two sauced up, but what early 20 year old doesn't act like that? While yes he should be more discrete with it, it's not like he's been causing mayhem every offseason.

I got plenty shitty drunk during my early-mid 20s (in addition to plenty of drug use and other such "less than savory activities") and managed to never get myself arrested. Kane just seems to have a problem with controlling himself/making poor decisions when he's inebriated. Maybe he needs to hire a sober buddy to follow his ass around and whisper in his ear every time he's about to do something that falls a little out of the purview of simply "being stupid" or whatever anyone feels like calling it.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That excuse was used for him when he was sloshed up in Madison for some drinking fest (outside of everyday Madison).

Nothing ever excuses rape.

Lets not jump to conclusions here. The difference between this and Kobe Bryant is probably that Kaner is single and free to do as he chooses. This could just be a wake up call that the same rules do not apply to him.

Why are we talking about his exit from the Hawks?

Its not going to come to that, unless they through a bag over her head in Evans, thru her in the rape van and drove him back to his place? What did she think would happen going back to Kaners home?

Come on guys, use your reason. This shouldn't effect the Hawks other than fucking with Pat's head a bit, which its up to him how he wants to proceed with life from. Kane could go home with any single girl at the bar and half the not single ones, why go to the trouble to rape someone?
Options
1) Money grab
2) minor under 16
3) intoxicated mostly consensual "mistake"
4) some bondage play that got too crazy for her
5) Actual malicious I'm Patrick Kane and I'm going to rape fuck you now bitch

One of these things probably happened. She probably has semen, who knows if she has injuries. These things are shady and he isn't the first athlete to kick a broad home in the morning and her not getting treatment she expected or some mutually drunk shit that got out of hand and here we are.

Lets calm down....and wait for facts. Or allegations. And try to decipher the difference between the two. I don't know why you would say "my gut says he did something really bad."

Thats fear. Relax. My gut says its a mess that will linger a bit and go away as details of some mess broad come out. I am encouraged by the fact they met at a bar in Evans, and she went home with him. Kane shouldn't have to learn every lesson personally, but this is a common athlete lesson. He is just that guy that doesn't get it until it happens to him.

The biggest danger is probably as stated, the McD decision afterwards, and collateral details that get unearthed involving any type of drug use or crazy shit that really have nothing to do with whether Kaner is a malicious rapist or not. This legal world we live in....we won't really be able to take anything away from a not guilty/guilty verdict. Don't expect justice in court anymore, the system is fucked....protects the "witness"....I mean I would want to see her cell phone imediatley and know her conversations but it won't go like that, they will seize Kaners instead.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I know not everyone is a fan of theirs, but I'm a big fan of The Committed Indian's work. But the piece they wrote this morning is fucking ridiculous and wildly premature.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I got plenty shitty drunk during my early-mid 20s (in addition to plenty of drug use and other such "less than savory activities") and managed to never get myself arrested. Kane just seems to have a problem with controlling himself/making poor decisions when he's inebriated. Maybe he needs to hire a sober buddy to follow his ass around and whisper in his ear every time he's about to do something that falls a little out of the purview of simply "being stupid" or whatever anyone feels like calling it.

Shit happens man. My lady friend recently started taking Chantix and shit hit the fan. Don't be arrogant and think you are above the legal world we live in just because you do things right. Sometimes its just luck, and for athletes they are targeted by bad luck.

http://www.thefix.com/content/fda-warns-chantix-users-not-drink-alcohol

You read that shit and you tell me if I got a fair trial. "Aggressive behavior and amnesia." Now ask yourself how fucked you are when a woman ends up with bruises because of HER AGRESSIVE BEHAVIOR and has amnesia about it.

But according to court I'm guilty. Why? Well we can't ask the witness about medications. they are protected.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Lets not jump to conclusions here. The difference between this and Kobe Bryant is probably that Kaner is single and free to do as he chooses. This could just be a wake up call that the same rules do not apply to him.

First off, I'm pretty sure that Kane was engaged.

Its not going to come to that, unless they through a bag over her head in Evans, thru her in the rape van and drove him back to his place? What did she think would happen going back to Kaners home?

Come on guys, use your reason. This shouldn't effect the Hawks other than fucking with Pat's head a bit, which its up to him how he wants to proceed with life from. Kane could go home with any single girl at the bar and half the not single ones, why go to the trouble to rape someone?
Options
1) Money grab
2) minor under 16
3) intoxicated mostly consensual "mistake"
4) some bondage play that got too crazy for her
5) Actual malicious I'm Patrick Kane and I'm going to rape fuck you now bitch

One of these things probably happened. She probably has semen, who knows if she has injuries. These things are shady and he isn't the first athlete to kick a broad home in the morning and her not getting treatment she expected or some mutually drunk shit that got out of hand and here we are.

It hasn't even been confirmed that the reason for the investigation is a rape. Pump the brakes on that, man.

Lets calm down....and wait for facts. Or allegations. And try to decipher the difference between the two. I don't know why you would say "my gut says he did something really bad."

Thats fear. Relax. My gut says its a mess that will linger a bit and go away as details of some mess broad come out. I am encouraged by the fact they met at a bar in Evans, and she went home with him. Kane shouldn't have to learn every lesson personally, but this is a common athlete lesson. He is just that guy that doesn't get it until it happens to him.

The biggest danger is probably as stated, the McD decision afterwards, and collateral details that get unearthed involving any type of drug use or crazy shit that really have nothing to do with whether Kaner is a malicious rapist or not. This legal world we live in....we won't really be able to take anything away from a not guilty/guilty verdict. Don't expect justice in court anymore, the system is fucked....protects the "witness"....I mean I would want to see her cell phone imediatley and know her conversations but it won't go like that, they will seize Kaners instead.

This last paragraph seems so horribly misguided to me that I don't even know where to begin.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Is anybody unpumped by this news? Anybody wigging out yet?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kaner rapes goalies in shootouts every year and they don't file charges....

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Patrick Kane subject of police probe...

2542099052470ecefd9d2a2c260a7c5d.jpg

021ef3a9a9aff5a50ea43ec86fa5eb72.jpg

Tim Graham is a reporter for the Buffalo newspaper.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If Kane turns himself in, I am taking Rasko and we breaking Kane out.... who's with us?

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
At this point this is the news:

A) There was an allegation made against Patrick Kane

B). Police are investigating this allegation

C). Patrick Kane is making himself available to the police to answer questions about the allegation

D). Some media outlets are saying the allegation/investigation may be a rape investigation.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
2 pages and basically no information.
We might have some info by page 8. Good work CCS.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like the collective assholes in the Blackhawks organization are sealed shut like a time lock on a bank vault.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Link

UPDATE: According to the Buffalo News, it is a rape investigation. A woman accused Kane of sexual assault and went to a local hospital to have a rape kit performed. The NHL has confirmed that they are aware of the situation and are following developments.

Status
Not open for further replies.