Updates to the Kane situation

Is #88 a Dumpster Fire?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
Stating that women should exercise caution before going to a strangers home (celebrity or not), has no value of deserving on it. Stating that men (especially celebrities and/or the wealthy) should exercise caution in the female strangers they bring home, is just as obvious and the other side of the coin. Men need to be better humans. Women need to be cautious because many of us are selfish ass hats.

So, you finally got your mind right.

Chalk up another victim to radical feminism.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
It's a strawman that Trev likes to throw around. Why would a woman refuse to report an actual rape because some stranger wouldn't believe her? Her identity is kept private - how would this affect her exactly?

First off, you keep throwing around Trev's name like he's the only one disagreeing with you and that's certainly not the case.

Second: her identity may be kept private by the national media but you're goddam delusional if you don't think a significant number of people in Buffalo know exactly who this girl is. Her friends, family, coworkers, acquaintances ... I'll bet they all know her identity. And that's how she's affected. No longer is she the person she was last year. She's now "the girl that was (allegedly) raped by Patrick Kane," and that's gotta be a fucking awful reality to experience.

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
First off, you keep throwing around Trev's name like he's the only one disagreeing with you and that's certainly not the case.

Second: her identity may be kept private by the national media but you're goddam delusional if you don't think a significant number of people in Buffalo know exactly who this girl is. Her friends, family, coworkers, acquaintances ... I'll bet they all know her identity. And that's how she's affected. No longer is she the person she was last year. She's now "the girl that was (allegedly) raped by Patrick Kane," and that's gotta be a fucking awful reality to experience.

If all these people allegedly know, you don't think that would be leaked to some less than reputable national rag?

And that only explains high profile cases like this one. Why would most women not report rapes from anonymous accusers?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Clockwork....

I+m+more+impartial+to+the+name+struggle+cuddle+_593bb253d3505b676dc0e299576ebe0c.gif

Last edited:

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
It's a strawman that Trev likes to throw around. Why would a woman refuse to report an actual rape because some stranger wouldn't believe her? Her identity is kept private - how would this affect her exactly?

Meanwhile, judgement is passed in the court of public opinion on the accused as their name is dragged through the mud, to which people like Trev whistle and look the other way, unable to muster up the same sanctimonious outrage because it happens to agree with their worldview.

You really have no fucking clue what you are talking about. I mean, half the shit above hasn't even been said by me or hinted at. Yet, here you go spewing bullshit and bullshit without the slightest truth to anything.

Do you even understand the psychological impact sexual assaults have on the victims? I mean for you to make the statement in your first paragraph alone is not only wrong, but proves that you are fucking clueless. YOU think it's anonymous, but as dmelt said, some people in her community already know who she is, you know, the people she sees DAILY. Let's say hypothetically it's true that she was raped and Kane does get charged. That means she will need to testify in court, which then means EVERYBODY knows who she is. That's also when the real slandering and character gets destroyed. Kane's defensive team will go through every little aspect of her life and try to paint the picture that she's basically a whore, and that lying about this is par for the course, whether it's true or not. If it's not true, it doesn't matter because that's how she is going to be portrayed to the jury and her peers.

Nobody here has said Kane is guilty, so until someone does, I won't have the chance to make comments towards them about going after Kane without proof. Problem is, you and a few other idiots went after the girl and basically used every ignorant rape comment in the book towards victims (gold diggers, what did she expect) when no facts have been published. Everybody deserves their day in court (if charged), and so far nobody has been charged.

So do me a favor, shut the fuck up about your bullshit "straw man" theory you think I'm using and quit twisting my words and posts. Maybe read what others have said before you start making Special person assumptions.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Column from Lazerus today on the idea of the Hawks trading Patrick Kane.

Trading Patrick Kane might be the Blackhawks' only move

Click the link for the whole thing but this nugget might be of most interest to you:

At least five teams contacted the Hawks once the Buffalo News first reported the investigation — which involves Kane and a woman at his Hamburg home — and said they’d be willing trade partners should the Hawks decide to cut ties with their superstar winger, according to a league source.

Last edited:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Another gem from the pen of Mark Lazerus....the same fucktard that goes bonkers because Washington doesn't want to change it's Redskins tag. I love it when writers scream they "HAVE" to do this or "HAVE" to do that....the reality is they will do whatever the hell they want to do.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Sun-Times: Trading Patrick Kane Might Be Blackhawks' Only Move

Marian Hossa had just had one of his typical games — a couple of goals, some stellar defense, another victory. When a few reporters descended on his stall in the visitors’ locker room in Dallas that November night, Hossa instinctively reached back for his Blackhawks hat. It wasn’t there. He looked around for a moment, then sheepishly apologized and scurried off to another room before re-emerging with a hat on his head. The future Hall of Famer didn’t want to get scolded.

Team rules, you know. All players must wear Hawks shirts and hats during postgame interviews.

There probably isn’t a more image-conscious team in the NHL, if not all of professional sports, than the Blackhawks. John McDonough didn’t just help turn the Hawks into a force on the ice, he turned them into a well-oiled public-relations machine. They work in the community. They sign autographs for fans. They do loads of charity work. They tweet out pictures of their adorable kids. They smile for the camera and always say the right thing. It might make for mundane copy sometimes, but it’s made the Hawks a near-universally admired and respected team around the league, and a beloved one in Chicago.

Simply put, the Hawks are the model franchise, on and off the ice.

Which is why Patrick Kane might be done in Chicago. And why maybe he should be.

It’s still uncertain if the Hawks are seriously considering trading Kane in light of an ongoing police investigation in Hamburg, N.Y. But if they are, they won’t have any trouble finding any takers.

At least five teams contacted the Hawks once the Buffalo News first reported the investigation — which involves Kane and a woman at his Hamburg home — and said they’d be willing trade partners should the Hawks decide to cut ties with their superstar winger, according to a league source. The 26-year-old is entering the first year of a record-setting eight-year, $84-million contract.

Kane has not been charged with a crime — and that can’t be said enough — for the events of Aug. 2, which are being investigated by both police and the district attorney’s office. But another source said that Hawks brass had sternly warned Kane not to put himself in any more bad situations — and put the team in a negative light — after his much-publicized Cinco de Mayo escapades in Madison, Wis., in 2012. That was supposed to be his last strike.

Now this.

So regardless of the legal outcome of the investigation, Kane’s future with the team is murky at best. To be clear, there has been no firm indication yet that the Hawks truly are willing to take that drastic step. But it’s a step the Hawks must consider.

Training camp opens in a little more than two weeks. Will Kane be there, swarmed by local, regional and national press for his first comments since the investigation began? Will he not be there, fueling rampant speculation and uncomfortable questions for his teammates to dance around? Will the Hawks suspend him until the district attorney decides whether to file charges or not, just to be safe? Will the league step in and do it for them, making the Hawks look tentative and weak? And how long might the DA take? Weeks? Months? All year? A black cloud hanging over the Hawks everywhere they go as they defend their third Stanley Cup in six seasons?

Every one of these scenarios is bad for the Hawks. Trading Kane isn’t.

Yes, you’d lose one of the best players in the world. Yes, a segment of your fan base would be livid. But you’d get a massive haul in return. You’d free up a massive amount of salary-cap room. And you’d earn a massive amount of respect for putting your foot down and saying enough is enough.

Kane’s on-ice legacy is already secure at just 26 years old. He helped bring three Stanley Cups to Chicago. He helped revitalize hockey in Chicago. He’s a true superstar, a can’t-take-your-eyes-off-him player like few before him. He’s always been good to fans, he’s always been close with his teammates, he’s always been one of the hardest workers on the team. But there’s an off-ice responsibility, too. One Kane hasn’t lived up to. As one team source put it, he “disrespected” the team and his teammates by once again putting himself in a bad situation.

Any other player, it would probably be different. But as that source put it, the Hawks have run out of patience.

Since the news of the investigation broke on Aug. 6, Kane has been removed from the cover of the popular EA Sports NHL ’16 video game. And his junior team, the Ontario Hockey League’s London Knights, took Kane’s name off one of their training camp teams. They were quick, decisive moves to distance themselves from an unfortunate and toxic situation.

Your move, Hawks.
http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/7/71/924493/blackhawks-must-consider-trading-patrick-kane

Interesting. The package we would get in return for him would be insane.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Sun-Times: Trading Patrick Kane Might Be Blackhawks' Only Move

Hi, welcome to the Blackhawks forum! Unlike the Bears forum, we try to keep topics that are the same in one single thread, instead of 30 different threads about the same topic, like "Jay Cutler sucks", "Jay Cutler sucks hairy balls" and "Jay Cutler sucks big balls". All those thread titles could be condensed to one thread, "Jay Cutler sucks Balls". We here like to keep things a bit more organized.

You'll notice we already have a thread about Patrick Kane allegedly raping someone, and what might happen with his Blackhawks career. Please feel free to share his article there (except Dmelt already has) and carry on the conversation.

Thanks!

-Management.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
"At least five teams contacted the Hawks once the Buffalo News first reported the investigation — which involves Kane and a woman at his Hamburg home — and said they’d be willing trade partners should the Hawks decide to cut ties with their superstar winger, according to a league source."

Did they call every single morning at around 7 a.m.?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
That's the first report I've seen of someone contacting the Hawks about potentially trading for Kane, so I'm mildly confused at your reactions.

:shrug:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Hi, welcome to the Blackhawks forum! Unlike the Bears forum, we try to keep topics that are the same in one single thread, instead of 30 different threads about the same topic, like "Jay Cutler sucks", "Jay Cutler sucks hairy balls" and "Jay Cutler sucks big balls". All those thread titles could be condensed to one thread, "Jay Cutler sucks Balls". We here like to keep things a bit more organized.

You'll notice we already have a thread about Patrick Kane allegedly raping someone, and what might happen with his Blackhawks career. Please feel free to share his article there (except Dmelt already has) and carry on the conversation.

Thanks!

-Management.

You're management now? Does that mean I can quit?

(He's right, though. Gonna merge this thread into that one.)

Status
Not open for further replies.