Updates to the Kane situation

Is #88 a Dumpster Fire?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Didn't realize it was rape o'clock already! I'm gonna be late for work!

it-amp-039-s-almost-rape-o-amp-039-clock_o_1726139.jpg

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I've just "ignored" your avatar, courtesy of adblock+. That Miss Clairol haired asshat is way yonder too extreeeeeeeeeem for me. :kermit:

I think his hair is money.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So on a scale of 1 to fucked, where is Patrick Kane at right meow?

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
See I can take anything you say as well and spin them around to make a false point.

No, I said that out of all rape accusations, my guess would be a very small portion are "fake" unlike how you and Rask were making it seem like crying wolf was as common as catching a cold.

What I really think? I think as a society we need to stop being judgmental of the victims saying "they deserved it" or "what did she expect going back to his place" because that's bullshit and one of the reasons why so many sexual assaults go unreported. If this woman knowingly lied about being raped, then yeah, she's a piece of shit who basically just furthers the stereotype. If she didn't lie and is telling the truth, then I'm sorry that it happened to her and I'm glad she's getting closure.

If she lied, then I hope Kane goes after her in court. If she didn't lie then I hope Kane gets punished.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

I keep hearing this in the media and in the rare times I engage with social media on this stuff, but in my IRL interactions with people i've LITERALLY never heard this line of logic/sentiment.

Where are the millions of people talking about someone/some woman deserving to be raped?

Who are the many people (there will always be some out of a 360m person North American society that believe any nonsense) that believe going to some dude's house constitutes consent or something?

I just don't see that being the case in the vast majority of society right now, if it ever was.

For the record, I have no clue what went on, but it's always curious to me that certain people, on both sides, seem to completely lose their mind when it comes to rape.

Either the very accusation is enough for them to assume guilt or they reflexively bring up the Duke rape case and how the world is slanted for women.

Personally, I have no idea why we know about an accusation like this before someone is arraigned. It seems to me BOTH PARTIES should enjoy privacy up to the point where at the very least charges are brought against someone.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stating that women should exercise caution before going to a strangers home (celebrity or not), has no value of deserving on it. Stating that men (especially celebrities and/or the wealthy) should exercise caution in the female strangers they bring home, is just as obvious and the other side of the coin. Men need to be better humans. Women need to be cautious because many of us are selfish ass hats.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I keep hearing this in the media and in the rare times I engage with social media on this stuff, but in my IRL interactions with people i've LITERALLY never heard this line of logic/sentiment.

Where are the millions of people talking about someone/some woman deserving to be raped?

Who are the many people (there will always be some out of a 360m person North American society that believe any nonsense) that believe going to some dude's house constitutes consent or something?

I just don't see that being the case in the vast majority of society right now, if it ever was.

For the record, I have no clue what went on, but it's always curious to me that certain people, on both sides, seem to completely lose their mind when it comes to rape.

Either the very accusation is enough for them to assume guilt or they reflexively bring up the Duke rape case and how the world is slanted for women.

Personally, I have no idea why we know about an accusation like this before someone is arraigned. It seems to me BOTH PARTIES should enjoy privacy up to the point where at the very least charges are brought against someone.

While I realize social media isn't technically "in real life", you'd be amazed what type of bullshit is spewed via Twitter on this topic.

I've also discussed with many of people this specific Kane issue, and some have no problem saying that it's a money grab, she wouldn't of gone to his house if she didn't want to have sex, yada yada yada.

I'm not saying 90% of society thinks that way, but even 1% is bad enough.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Stating that women should exercise caution before going to a strangers home (celebrity or not), has no value of deserving on it. Stating that men (especially celebrities and/or the wealthy) should exercise caution in the female strangers they bring home, is just as obvious and the other side of the coin. Men need to be better humans. Women need to be cautious because many of us are selfish ass hats.

Uh what?

I honestly don't know what you're saying here, but both statements seem entirely reasonable to me TBH.

Why is it men alone that need to be "better humans" again? I am very confused......I would think the world benefits from all humans striving to be better to one another, silly me.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
While I realize social media isn't technically "in real life", you'd be amazed what type of bullshit is spewed via Twitter on this topic.

I've also discussed with many of people this specific Kane issue, and some have no problem saying that it's a money grab, she wouldn't of gone to his house if she didn't want to have sex, yada yada yada.

I'm not saying 90% of society thinks that way, but even 1% is bad enough.

He went to Ohio State... no reason to really argue with him.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

Perhaps you interact with wiser people but there are the occasional people, and people in charge of groups like famously some people in charge of therapy groups or police officers talking about things that should prevent rape... but they judge people saying, well women shouldn't wear flimsy clothing or acting flirtatious. It's literally blaming them as if their attitudes or appearances were the cause of being raped.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Within the last week I overheard a conversation where on guy said "If that chick went back to Kane's house she should've known what was coming," and three or four of the guys with him quickly agreed with that sentiment.

May not be prevalent but that thought is certainly still there.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Within the last week I overheard a conversation where on guy said "If that chick went back to Kane's house she should've known what was coming," and three or four of the guys with him quickly agreed with that sentiment.

May not be prevalent but that thought is certainly still there.

Didn't know you hung out with certain posters here.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
He went to Ohio State... no reason to really argue with him.

I did?

Must have been in an alternate dimension....Illinois was the only B10 school I even applied to and it was my safe school FTR.

As far as the climate out there.....

Well it's absolutely true we all live in our little socioeconomic/social bubbles of sorts. I suppose in my late 20's to early 40's, slightly left of center, slightly better educated than average one it's just not something I ever hear.

As for social media/message board talk, no, I don't consider that real life. I would say half the shit I say on here in real life and I sort of like having and outlet like that. That's probably generations though, bc I didn't grow up trying to pick girls up on facebook, etc. like a lot of people in their early/mid 20s did.

italianbeef

Liked Posts:

It's a strawman that Trev likes to throw around. Why would a woman refuse to report an actual rape because some stranger wouldn't believe her? Her identity is kept private - how would this affect her exactly?

Meanwhile, judgement is passed in the court of public opinion on the accused as their name is dragged through the mud, to which people like Trev whistle and look the other way, unable to muster up the same sanctimonious outrage because it happens to agree with their worldview.

Status
Not open for further replies.