Updates to the Kane situation

Is #88 a Dumpster Fire?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Patrick Kane subject of police probe...

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/...-kane-is-subject-of-police-probe-sources-say/

Hamburg police are investigating an incident reportedly involving Patrick Kane, the Chicago Blackhawks star, two sources with knowledge of the probe have told The Buffalo News.

Two sources said Hamburg police officials have forbidden their officers and detectives from publicly discussing the investigation.

“We can neither confirm nor deny the existence or nonexistence of a criminal investigation until such a time as a person is charged with a crime,” said Hamburg Police Chief Gregory G. Wickett.

Erie County District Attorney Frank A. Sedita III used very similar language when asked about an investigation.

“We neither confirm nor deny the existence or nonexistence of an investigation until such time as someone has been charged with a crime,” Sedita said.

Wickett denied The News access to the police blotter for the weekend but suggested The News file a Freedom of Information Law request.

The News presented him with two FOI requests, one seeking complaints or reports filed with the department for a specific period of time and the other seeking any complaints or reports involving Kane for that same period of time.

But it may be some time before The News can see whether a complaint was filed. The town has 20 days to accept or reject the request.

The Hamburg Sun, however, routinely reports police blotter items from the Hamburg Police Department.

No charges have been filed in connection with the investigation and it is not known whether police have questioned the 26-year-old hockey player.

The News went to Kane’s Hamburg home Wednesday morning to seek his comment but was denied access by a man at the house who did not identify himself.

A reporter asked the same man working at the home if he could leave a card to speak with Kane but was denied and told to leave the property.

Paul J. Cambria Jr., a lawyer who has represented Kane in the past, would neither confirm nor deny any aspect of the situation. “I have nothing to say,” Cambria told a News reporter.

Cambria represented Kane in a 2009 case involving an altercation with a Buffalo cabdriver.

In that case, Kane and his cousin pleaded to disorderly conduct, a noncriminal violation, after the two were accused of assaulting a taxi driver in his cab on the morning of Aug. 9, 2009.

Related:

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
These Cops realize Patrick Kane is WHITE, right? And RICH and FAMOUS and a PRO ATHLETE....

Pretty sure das like one of the Quads of Immunity.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kane probably pinched some hottie's ass and said "do you know who I am" she no likey and now she's going for the gold. Things were getting too boring with Sharpie gone.:smug2:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
he gave her the dick, her friends called her a whore, she feels bad now, file a report........typical bitch

Reactions: Rex

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I'll wait till the info is completely available before making decisions. All I will say is you know Stanbo is just rocking back in forth in some corner somewhere hoping to god it isn't bad.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Patrick Kane subject of police probe...

5448594437dc033a827ac6d4a8e6b96c.jpg

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really hope Kane wasn't stupid enough to make a really bad decision, especially in the prime of his career.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
That's the only news outlet I've seen mention "rape" so it could be false. Just providing what I see on Twitter.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
even if it is they are money grabs and he will make a deal out of court and he will be a little poorer

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Interesting, why are the Hamburg police (I used to live in that town, btw) investigating an incident that "started in a bar in Evans?" So she made it all the way back to his house, assumedly? Hmm...this is going to be fucking ugly. Kaner needs to learn how to behave himself in the offseason; the cabbie incident was kind of comical but a rape allegation is another beast entirely.

On a side note, I didn't even know Evans had a bar...that place is tiny.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Yeah, just saw that tweet from Petchesky as well. From a legal perspective, no one is going to use the word "rape" in their reports unless they hear it directly from the police.

This just feels like a waiting game for more information.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Interesting, why are the Hamburg police (I used to live in that town, btw) investigating an incident that "started in a bar in Evans?" So she made it all the way back to his house, assumedly? Hmm...this is going to be fucking ugly. Kaner needs to learn how to behave himself in the offseason; the cabbie incident was kind of comical but a rape allegation is another beast entirely.

On a side note, I didn't even know Evans had a bar...that place is tiny.

Everybody on Twitter keeps mentioning this, but what has he done outside of the cabby incident that was really news worthy in the offseason? Sure he's been busted for getting a little two sauced up, but what early 20 year old doesn't act like that? While yes he should be more discrete with it, it's not like he's been causing mayhem every offseason.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Someone just asked her on Twitter why it was.

Probably trying to cover her ass if "rape" was never said.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everybody on Twitter keeps mentioning this, but what has he done outside of the cabby incident that was really news worthy in the offseason? Sure he's been busted for getting a little two sauced up, but what early 20 year old doesn't act like that? While yes he should be more discrete with it, it's not like he's been causing mayhem every offseason.

If this really is a rape, that excuse won't wash, AT ALL! But I'm going to wait out the info and hope for the best. But I have this bad feeling in my gut that says he really fucked up this time. Hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.