Updates to the Kane situation

Is #88 a Dumpster Fire?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
The Quenneville coloring book is a color by numbers book but the numbers will shift every few times you pick up a new crayon.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't know the finer details of the case, obviously, but I'm not sure Giangreco's source knows what he's talking about, especially if it's a cop. Police always think they have a more solid case than the prosecutor realizes. The prosecutor is like the doctor of the family, and the cops are like the broke little brother who keeps trying to get people to sign up for pyramid schemes, with all due respect.

I'm not saying Kane won't eventually be charged, but if it were truly a slam dunk, there'd already be charges, with or without DNA. Sexual assault doesn't need as much evidence as you might think.

The vibe I get from this whole matter is that Kane hasn't disputed having sex with her (forced or consentual), so what would DNA prove? At worst unprotected sex.

Now, if Kane claims to have never touched her it's a whole different can of worms.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The vibe I get from this whole matter is that Kane hasn't disputed having sex with her (forced or consentual), so what would DNA prove? At worst unprotected sex.

Now, if Kane claims to have never touched her it's a whole different can of worms.

apparently, he has commented but it wasn't an official comment. Again, more anonymous sources....

I think this is the broadcast where he apparently addressed it, could be wrong though

http://www.nextsportstar.com/index.php/show/being-frank-on-nss-august-11-2015/

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:

More goes into a rape kit then just DNA. Their gonna check for bruising, and all that shit not only in her privates, but on her body.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
More goes into a rape kit then just DNA. Their gonna check for bruising, and all that shit not only in her privates, but on her body.

Of course, but people are popping off like Kane's DNA is the holy grail of a rape convicion. Hell, with the little that I know about this, the alleged bitemark would have more bearing on the case than whether or not Kane's DNA is on her as long as he's not denying that they havd sexual contact--and even that's tenuous depending on the severity.

Those types of evidence support the claim of rape. Those types don't prove it in a vaccum--that's what I'm arguing. If XXX says, "YYY raped me." and YYY says, "No, the sex was consentual." and the only evidence is DNA and a superficial bite mark/superficial scratching--it doesn't prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that rape happened--it could have still been consentual. The DNA doesn't really prove anything more than that they had sexual contact, and the only way the scratching and bitemarks go towards proving it is severity. There would have to be other evidence or it's just a he-said/she-said.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I know I'm a shitty moderator, but did we combine threads? How did this grow to 67 pages?
DMelt?
I'd ask for Mass, but he's probably entering the IHN.com in his browser and wondering why Ton never payed the bill.

After all the other Patrick Kane-related threads had run their course, they were merged into this Patrick Kane megathread. Helps keep the rest of the forum nice and tidy.

biscuit_in_the_basket

Gigacore Fan!
Liked Posts:
Gotta love soap operas. Lot's of source said, source said. Other sources talking about it. And it is the same thing day in and day out.

That is what all this media stuff is anyway....and they get paid in page clicks as incentive to keep it going.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love biting girls, I've never raped one.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I have a strong feeling that if this case hasn't been decided by training camp, the NHL is going to suspend Kane until the whole mess is figured out. I think the negatives out weigh any positives for him to be playing (this is all from the leagues perspective) and that if they allow an "alleged rapist" to play during the investigation , it's going to be a black eye for the league.

09ca4051d81c5984c6a7dffd9bfade27.jpg

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Finally something real, a witness will testify in front of a grand jury on Tuesday of next week. Be a long holiday weekend for PK.

well he deserves it. cant put yourself in these situations.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Not sure how you can confirm this, unless you're in the legal field.
I'm working on a project for a defense attorney right now. I may field him some questions when I get a moment. Then again, he may have the same answer since none of us know anything.

True. I don't claim to be a lawyer. I was a cops and courts reporter for years before going into management, so I can at least have a sense of what's happening behind the scenes. But at the end of the day, none of us KNOWS anything pertaining to this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.