Running back depth

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:
What a douchebag response.

Looks like someone pissed in his coffee this morning. Or his boss is giving him a hard time. I know being a prick on a message board makes me feel better, guess it works for Hyatt too

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
From everything i've been reading it seems like K.Carey is gonna be the odd man out which I don't understand cause he showed well last year in the minimal amount of on field time he got and looked good last night. I think J.Rodgers makes the team cause he's got the experience and he's a good pass protector. I think most teams usually carry just 3 RB's right? This is the way i'd rank them.
M.Forte
J.Rodgers
K.Carey--he's above Langford for now since i've seen more of him and Langford didn't look so good last night.
J.Langford--We drafed him in the 4th so as of now he needs to be here to see what he's got.
S.Perry

OK, listen! Jack Whiz is average at best, and that's a stretch. And if you want confirmation, check his career to date.

Carey did nothing last night to tell me he's ahead of Langford, other than being a 2nd year guy.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Perry or Carey is gona end up on practice squad.... They arent going to dump there 4th round pick this year. I give Perry the edge because like others have said he's one of our better special teamers. Carey is likely odd man out even though he does look like he can be a contributor. He obvioulsy isnt showing the "it factor' at all though in practice or camp otherwise he'd be getting more playing time. I had high hopes he might be a nice sleeper when we drafted him but doesnt look like its going to pan out. I would really like to see Langford with the 1's at some point this pre season.

Neither one of them will stay with us if they go to the practice squad cause there will be more than one team that will take either one of them from us.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Am I the only one that noticed Carey's vision and toughness last night? The guy was picking up tough yardage, and played balls out. Stiff arm in for the TD and diving over the goal line. I dunno, I would understand him being cut, but I thought he looked great last night.

Well if you read my post a few posts up you'll see that i said i've been a fan of carey and think he played good for us last year with the minimal touches he got.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
OK, listen! Jack Whiz is average at best, and that's a stretch. And if you want confirmation, check his career to date.

Carey did nothing last night to tell me he's ahead of Langford, other than being a 2nd year guy.
Wow your football knowledge is........well it doesn't seem like you have any.....JACK. lol

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like someone pissed in his coffee this morning. Or his boss is giving him a hard time. I know being a prick on a message board makes me feel better, guess it works for Hyatt too

1st, I don't drink coffee.
2nd, at my property, I have no boss.
3rd, anybody who willfully refers to himself as a smurf, most likely will always remain a smurf.

Point being, nothing in last nights game should make you feel better or worse.

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:
3rd, anybody who willfully refers to himself as a smurf, most likely will always remain a smurf.

Zing with the smurf comment. Really nailed me.

Carey looked good last night and it was encouraging. I feel better. Don't tell me how to feel, gypsy.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow your football knowledge is........well it doesn't seem like you have any.....JACK. lol

Sorry grasshopper, please enlighten me about all the great "J.Rodgers" super highlights that the rest of the world has missed!! Fuck that, I'll settle for a highlight. The falcons were one of the worst running teams in the NFL for 3 years running, yet, they shit canned this guy without blinking an eye. Realism is a terrible thing to waste, I would have thought the Jared Allen debacle would have educated you to that.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

It is a very limited sample but Langford made Forte look like Jerome Bettis and Carey's TD run was a nice job of recognizing a clogged middle and improvising by popping it outside. Pretty obvious really. As for JR, I agree, he offers zero upside beside the weekly commentary by the game announcers after he runs the ball for 5 yards about how he is so small he is hard for the defenders to see.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
shields_overpass.JPG
:smug2:

Last edited:

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is a very limited sample but Langford made Forte look like Jerome Bettis and Carey's TD run was a nice job of recognizing a clogged middle and improvising by popping it outside. Pretty obvious really. As for JR, I agree, he offers zero upside beside the weekly commentary by the game announcers after he runs the ball for 5 yards about how he is so small he is hard for the defenders to see.

Finally, a response that I can live with!! Now, do you agree that not one thing that happened by the above RB'Slast night will matter come opening night.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

So you're basically reminding us that it's just a preseason game. Congratulations, genius, I don't think anyone but you realized that. How would you like your "I Won the Internet Award" delivered?

I made some observations about the talent level that I believe to be true, and made the assertion that we're better than the Lewis Tillman era of the Chicago Bears. If you can't see the positional talent difference between this team and that team, then you're either:

1. A Pathetically miserable individual who marinades daily in piss and vinegar.
2. Blind.
3. Has to come across as the ultimate snarky cynic to feel like he/she is "keeping it real" on a message board.
3. Weren't around back then.

I'm guessing it's some combination of the first three.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Finally, a response that I can live with!! Now, do you agree that not one thing that happened by the above RB'Slast night will matter come opening night.
If Carey had 4 90 yard runs it wouldn't matter come opening night, but if all the RB's continue to play as they did last night, I don't see how Carey would not be the #2.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll say it again, I think Rodgers looked quicker to the hole than any of the other backs on the roster. That didn't translate to a lot of yards last night, and maybe it never will. But there are offenses and plays that can exploit that characteristic. It's too soon to start making running back choices, but I think the Bears have a good problem in that they'll have to let some guys go who can play.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

What the hell did Langford do to show you he was ahead of Carey?

Don't think I made that assumption yet Jethro! Unlike the homer-phobes on this board, I prefer to see a few more pre-season games before
going all :fap::cum:

Whateverest

I would have thought Carey was perfect for some of the runs called for Jizz Rodgers looking at all those youtube videos of him. I'd like to see him start in the next game or at least be given some of the same calls to run and see what he does with them. Good competition though, which for us as fans is good to watch and makes a change.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I'll say it again, I think Rodgers looked quicker to the hole than any of the other backs on the roster. That didn't translate to a lot of yards last night, and maybe it never will. But there are offenses and plays that can exploit that characteristic. It's too soon to start making running back choices, but I think the Bears have a good problem in that they'll have to let some guys go who can play.
Rodgers is closer to good Garret Wolfe than bad Darren Sproles.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you're basically reminding us that it's just a preseason game. Congratulations, genius, I don't think anyone but you realized that. How would you like your "I Won the Internet Award" delivered?

I made some observations about the talent level that I believe to be true, and made the assertion that we're better than the Lewis Tillman era of the Chicago Bears. If you can't see the positional talent difference between this team and that team, then you're either:

1. A Pathetically miserable individual who marinades daily in piss and vinegar.
2. Blind.
3. Has to come across as the ultimate snarky cynic to feel like he/she is "keeping it real" on a message board.
3. Weren't around back then.

I'm guessing it's some combination of the first three.

Pissed on by someone from Guano, Texas! Merry Christmas!!

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Guys wake me up when the rebuild is over