Reports say Philip Danault had hip surgery, out at least 3 months

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is it OK if Tribar comes in here and argues with people about stupid things?

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is it okay if Grimson comes in here to complain about how terrible of a captain Toews is?

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
When was he hurt? I couldn't find anything in the articles I scanned on the surgery.

Bummer. He was one of the young guys I wanted to see this year.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We have too many spots to fill and too many youth to look at. This is amazing news for the likes of McNeil, Morin, Baun and other bubble players.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
When was he hurt? I couldn't find anything in the articles I scanned on the surgery.

He's only out for 3 months. We still may see him play at some point this season, especially if someone else gets injured.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Is it OK if I take that whiney petulant child Grimson to Suplex City

Definitely.

Thought he had hip issues before, but haven't been able to find anything to confirm that.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
We have too many spots to fill and too many youth to look at. This is amazing news for the likes of McNeil, Morin, Baun and other bubble players.

Yeah, I think some other players will definitely get a better shot at the team now. Just a little bummed because I'd kept hearing good things about Danault. I believe the scouting reports had him as a potential replacement for Marcus Kruger, and if that's true, I imagine this heightens the Hawks desire to make sure he's under contract for next season.

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I think some other players will definitely get a better shot at the team now. Just a little bummed because I'd kept hearing good things about Danault. I believe the scouting reports had him as a potential replacement for Marcus Kruger, and if that's true, I imagine this heightens the Hawks desire to make sure he's under contract for next season.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...anault-could-miss-3-months-after-hip-surgery/

Whenever he blossoms, the Blackhawks would like him to remind fans of Marcus Kruger, as CSNChicago.com reported back in July 2014:

“They told me they want me to be a Kruger,” Danault said. “So I’ll try to mold myself after Marcus Kruger.”

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Danault was always going to have to improve his skating/foot work to become a fixture on the Blackhawks' roster. This will certainly set him back a little but hopefully he can come back stronger and improve. The overall speed from the AHL to the NHL is probably the biggest difference between the two leagues and we have seen plenty of guys who struggle in that area dominate the AHL but do nothing in the NHL. It used to hold Troy Brouwer back when he was on the cusp but he improved and became an NHL player for good.