Jay Cutler lacks poise, is inconsistent, needs to be accountable, Angelo says

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Angelo creates monster, then criticises monster for being a monster

That was the ironic part of the story.

He is what Angelo and company created. Thy just assumed he would become and elite QB, so they did not demand improvement, they did not give him real NFL talent, and now he is shocked that Cutler never improved?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Angelo should not be crucified for making the trade, the Bears inability to draft and develop their own QB demanded it.

But Angelo and Lovie treated Jay like an elite QB when he got here, they coddled him and didn't hold him accountable. He didn't develop because they allowed him not to.

JD was saying the biggest change is that this regime is treating Cutler like a replaceable QB.

who is crucifying Angelo? Angelo can and will be crucified for writing an article criticizing a QB he gave up the house for.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Angelo should not be crucified for making the trade, the Bears inability to draft and develop their own QB demanded it.

But Angelo and Lovie treated Jay like an elite QB when he got here, they coddled him and didn't hold him accountable. He didn't develop because they allowed him not to.

JD was saying the biggest change is that this regime is treating Cutler like a replaceable QB.

You mean Angelo and his staff's inability to draft and develop a QB demanded that they make that trade? Last time I checked he had 7 seasons to do as such, and failed, before the Cutler trade.

We crucify Jerry for being the shit GM he was, not for his newly found Captain Hindsight persona.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
who is crucifying Angelo? Angelo can and will be crucified for writing an article criticizing a QB he gave up the house for.

And for being the GM of a team who had an "inability to draft and develop their own QB."

Angelo never had a lot of class. One of his worst moments was after the Chris Williams' surgery.

*Edit ... TJ ... great minds and all that ...

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
And for being the GM of a team who had an "inability to draft and develop their own QB."

Angelo never had a lot of class. One of his worst moments was after the Chris Williams' surgery.

*Edit ... TJ ... great minds and all that ...

Go whistle dixie.

Whateverest

He'll most likely be ok this year if we keep four TEs on the roster and Pascoe blocks alongside Mills on the right. With Jizz Rodgers back there blocking, Cutler will have all day to throw to Eddie Royal and the other scrubs who haven't completely fucked their shins. Cutler is who we thought he is, right? His marbles were scrambled when he told Martz 'fuck him'.

I'm glad Jerry and his shit eating grin is no longer really associated with the Bears, what a shitstain that guys was.

Thanks to OP for posting though as it is a nice change of pace to Panthers players ACLs and men arguing about blogs on the internet.

:beer:

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Real special ones can, like P Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers. Cutler was never going to be that. Hanging possibly both the worst receiving corps and OLine on him with questionable, at best, coaching and play calling was a mountain he was never going to climb. You can win with Jay Cutler, maybe even win it all, but you won't win solely because of Jay Cutler, not at least without some good guidance and support.

You can't win it all with Jay, because Jay thinks you need him in order to win it all!

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
It all depends on how everything played out. When Angelo acquired Cutler, Cutler's career was looking up, and he had mad potential and incredible physical skills. Nearly everyone in football thought Cutler had a lot of growth and could be a pro bowler nearly every year. It didn't work out that way obviously, but you have to take some risks. Unfortunately this cost us heavily. However, based on track record, the two first round picks we gave up would have been shit anyway, the way we draft haha.

mecha

Liked Posts:
It all depends on how everything played out. When Angelo acquired Cutler, Cutler's career was looking up, and he had mad potential and incredible physical skills. Nearly everyone in football thought Cutler had a lot of growth and could be a pro bowler nearly every year. It didn't work out that way obviously, but you have to take some risks. Unfortunately this cost us heavily. However, based on track record, the two first round picks we gave up would have been shit anyway, the way we draft haha.

DING DING DING!!!!!

honestly, he had like 4500 yards in 2008. Broncos defense collapsed. they went through like 7 running backs that year too. he was the right piece on the Broncos at the wrong time. he appeared to have more gusto that checkdown Orton. Grossman himself was damaged goods by that point. Cutler theoretically should've been a huge upgrade. the patchwork receiving corp the team put together was a far cry from young Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal.

Cutler had another trending up moment with Mike Martz. it's too bad that pairing didn't work out. or Johnny Knox couldn't keep from slipping for a play and rendering another interception that psycho Cutler couldn't keep himself from running down and breaking his thumb. people seem to overlook how much Knox accounted for the interceptions. I know he was a long time ago now, but come on.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He'll most likely be ok this year if we keep four TEs on the roster and Pascoe blocks alongside Mills on the right. With Jizz Rodgers back there blocking, Cutler will have all day to throw to Eddie Royal and the other scrubs who haven't completely fucked their shins. Cutler is who we thought he is, right? His marbles were scrambled when he told Martz 'fuck him'.

I'm glad Jerry and his shit eating grin is no longer really associated with the Bears, what a shitstain that guys was.

Thanks to OP for posting though as it is a nice change of pace to Panthers players ACLs and men arguing about blogs on the internet.

:beer:

I have a blog

http://tardiblog.blogspot.com

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

The "Bears" inability to draft and develop was Angelo. So he gets 100% of the blame, Angelo selling the farm for Cutler and then doing nothing to support his development was awful. It is like a guy that buys an expensive new TV that is wifi capable with ultra HD and then hooking up some rabbit ears to it. Then he bitches about how the tv doesn't have a better picture and he still only gets 5 channels.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
is angelo really the one to be offering such an opinion at this point? I think he could take a page from emery's book and just STFU. I mean, Occam's Razor, 20/20 hindsight, etc. Angelo is almost single-handedly responsible for launching Cutler to Grossmanesque proportions of ridicule (as is Cutler himself, of course), and Cutler hasn't had excuses since 2012 in terms of a "passable" o-line, but I said it when he got traded (someone desp me up and look this up), I said he was going to get David Carr-ed into mediocrity here at the time of the trade.

Yeah, I don't disagree. Bears rolled snake eyes with those two.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know...I would blame Angelo less for that trade if Orton was awful in 2008. Instead, he has a good year with a breakout season by our rookie back. One win away from a playoff spot only because our vaunted defense forgot how to get after the quarterback.

Not because QB was a problem....that was four years earlier.

Moose27

Liked Posts:
I said the trade was bad to begin with and I was right. Angelo is an idiot but he is right with his comments. You Cutler lovers can keep blowing me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At least Angelo admits he lied to fans when he tried to sell cutler as a franchise QB.

Na, he's admitting he was incompetent at evaluating certain positions. Why should we think it's any different now. Jay was never a top 6 type QB but he's not 21 either. JA looked at Jay as a savior and now as his demise and ranks him according to his emotions.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I said the trade was bad to begin with and I was right. Angelo is an idiot but he is right with his comments. You Cutler lovers can keep blowing me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the problem? Impotent or hard time finding your dick?