Charles Leno practicing with 1st string offense

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought Leno played well in the pre-season last year. Late in the year, he took over the Britton role as the "blocking TE" and held up reasonably for a rookie. I'm interested to see what he can do. Mills opened this door with penalties and less than average play.

Leno played kind of a lot last year. Had one or two games at RT and looked ok, had more games at LG and looked like shit there. So who knows.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Keep your eyes on him.

If he can be a competent pass protector he will provide an upgrade in that area.

As long as he is not a liability in the run game he should hold the position.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
As for Mills, I believe he played with a foot injury most if not all of last year. I was hoping he would step up big, but the first game was not encouraging.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In college, Leno did OK but those long arms weren't keeping guys off his body. Hopefully a year with NFL coaches has given more strength and technique. I like Tayo that we took late this year as well but don't expect to see him in the regular season. I'm a fan of taking your best shot at OL guys to develop late in drafts and being patient. 7th rounders are effectively UDFA that you don't want to miss on.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Leno

alg-subway-turnstiles-jpg.jpg