Bears legend Jim McMahon calls Bill Belichick 'a liar' (Shutdown Corner)

Ron Burgundy

Pretty much anyone and everyone is weighing in on the Patriots, deflate-gate and Bill Belichick. That includes the legendary Punky QB, Jim McMahon. Once a thorn in the NFL's side for his outspoken ways as a member of the Chicago Bears, McMahon still doesn't bother holding back. And he's got a personal grudge against Belichick. "Anything that has to do with Bill Belichick, I can care less," McMahon told Dan Patrick. "I was with Bill in Cleveland in 1995. He lied to my face." Per McMahon, Belichick told him during the 1995 preseason that he would be waived and picked up shortly afterward, and would be paid for the time he wasn't with the team. McMahon agreed, but then wasn't paid. He eventually signed with Green Bay, playing a single game in 1995.* "I wouldn't have moved to Cleveland just to move to Cleveland," he said. "I just don't trust any of those guys." Patrick then asked McMahon point-blank if he thought Belichick was a cheater. "I know he's a liar," McMahon said. "Cheating ain't far behind, i wouldn't think." ____ Jay Busbee is a writer for Yahoo Sports. Contact him at jay.busbee@yahoo.com or find him on Twitter. Follow @jaybusbee And keep up with Jay over on Facebook , too.

More...

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Pretty much anyone and everyone is weighing in on the Patriots, deflate-gate and Bill Belichick. That includes the legendary Punky QB, Jim McMahon. Once a thorn in the NFL's side for his outspoken ways as a member of the Chicago Bears, McMahon still doesn't bother holding back. And he's got a personal grudge against Belichick. "Anything that has to do with Bill Belichick, I can care less," McMahon told Dan Patrick. "I was with Bill in Cleveland in 1995. He lied to my face." Per McMahon, Belichick told him during the 1995 preseason that he would be waived and picked up shortly afterward, and would be paid for the time he wasn't with the team. McMahon agreed, but then wasn't paid. He eventually signed with Green Bay, playing a single game in 1995.* "I wouldn't have moved to Cleveland just to move to Cleveland," he said. "I just don't trust any of those guys." Patrick then asked McMahon point-blank if he thought Belichick was a cheater. "I know he's a liar," McMahon said. "Cheating ain't far behind, i wouldn't think." ____ Jay Busbee is a writer for Yahoo Sports. Contact him at jay.busbee@yahoo.com or find him on Twitter. Follow @jaybusbee And keep up with Jay over on Facebook , too.

More...

Pffft.

Bigger liar than Angelo? Pace?

Unlikely.

Mitchapalooza

Hey Ron if you're going to outsource good F5 posters like Bears26, at least type properly and avoid walls of text you communist piece of fuck.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Lol Belichick wins. Who cares if he lies? McMahon sounds a little butthurt.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Actually this brings up an interesting thing I've been thinking about lately. When will Bilichick turn on Brady? One is just a liar and the other is ultra competitive. Neither know the limitations of their thick headedness. Eventually when Bilichick realizes the should move on and cuts Brady free how rocky will things be? Personally I think Brady will end up looking like Joe Montana did in a Chiefs uni playing against the 49ers. He might win one game alone on pure spite, but eventually he'll just fade into the silence.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Was this afternoon conducted in the morning or the afternoon? I heard his brain doesn't work to well when the clocks go to PM...

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Actually this brings up an interesting thing I've been thinking about lately. When will Bilichick turn on Brady? One is just a liar and the other is ultra competitive. Neither know the limitations of their thick headedness. Eventually when Bilichick realizes the should move on and cuts Brady free how rocky will things be? Personally I think Brady will end up looking like Joe Montana did in a Chiefs uni playing against the 49ers. He might win one game alone on pure spite, but eventually he'll just fade into the silence.
Except with a lot more crying.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"I wouldn't have moved to Cleveland just to move to Cleveland,"

I went to Cleveland once. I liked it. But I think McMahon has a point there. There really isn't a good reason to move to Cleveland for the fuck of it.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Love the punky QB and hate the hoodie gang leader!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
"I wouldn't have moved to Cleveland just to move to Cleveland,"

I went to Cleveland once. I liked it. But I think McMahon has a point there. There really isn't a good reason to move to Cleveland for the fuck of it.

I went to Kent State for grad school. Cleveland is like the land time forgot. But at least it is better than Detroit:(

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I went to Kent State for grad school. Cleveland is like the land time forgot. But at least it is better than Detroit:(

I was living in Chicago when I went to Cleveland. It felt like Chicago to me, just a smaller version. They had a shitty train system, just smaller than Chicago. Buildings, same, etc. Their fans are bigger assholes than Chicago :). But the original point, I'm sure McMahon was lied to :)

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
At least Belichick didn't lie about his shins.