Vic Beasley

Darkman

Liked Posts:
Watching the Falcons preseason game right now and Beasley is looking great so far. Like he's going to be a legit player. Just a nice reminder of what could have been.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Beasley was one of the players I liked, but if it came down to my decision, I wouldnt have gone with him anyway. My pick for months had been Danny Shelton.

Still, Kevin White looked like a serious playmaker when we drafted him, and if he lives up to his potential he will be a game changer for us. I cannot fault Pace for picking him.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Regardless of how White turns out, I think taking a receiver at #7 was a mistake.

The problem I have always had with picking a WR that high is the margin between the top guys is minimal. In order for a WR to warrant this high of a pick he needs to be a top 5 WR in the league. Even Alshon's numbers don't warrant a top 10 pick in my opinion. White needs to put up Dez type numbers.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
VB wasn't/isn't a scheme fit here. Fine prospect but he ended up going to a team where he fits. He would struggle mightily against the run in a 3-4 with his size and length.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
We have "the shin" so everything is alright

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The problem I have always had with picking a WR that high is the margin between the top guys is minimal. In order for a WR to warrant this high of a pick he needs to be a top 5 WR in the league. Even Alshon's numbers don't warrant a top 10 pick in my opinion. White needs to put up Dez type numbers.

Too many star WRs come from the later rounds to go top 10 with a WR in my opinion.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
i was happy with The White pick but vic sure looked good at 7 but if you look at the last top 10 picks over the last 4-5 years almost every WR is a really good player

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Beasley was one of the players I liked, but if it came down to my decision, I wouldnt have gone with him anyway. My pick for months had been Danny Shelton.

Still, Kevin White looked like a serious playmaker when we drafted him, and if he lives up to his potential he will be a game changer for us. I cannot fault Pace for picking him.

I've been watching Shelton in both preseason games and he's looked really good... Stout but also agile. He's not getting the headlines, but he's legit.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You are crazy. for one, nothing you say is unique to the WR position. And two, if you draft a player in the top 10, you want to be within the top 10 in production for that draft class, not the entire NFL.

You think every year when players get drafted in the top 10 or top 5, people think they gon be top 10 or top 5 in the nfl? thats not how it works, holmes.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Wait, who was that obnoxious poster here that pushed over and over for an edge guy and wanted Vic?

(X) Multi-yr rebuild...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
2 games. 1 tackle asst. As I recall, Shea had a lot of pressures as well. I also liked Vic as an option, even though as wildcard stated, he wasn't quite the fit Fangio likes but is this really Bears thread worthy?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I would have liked a trade down for Shelton or Waynes

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Regardless of how White turns out, I think taking a receiver at #7 was a mistake.

Yep. They should have taken an offensive tackle and solved the O-Line problem.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But taking a RT is acceptable?:nelson:

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'm with you about BMarsh, but you just can't say "regardless of how White turns out." For all we know he could be the next Larry Fitz, Rice, Brown, or David Terrell. If he becomes great then it's a no-brainer, especially in todays air n it out NFL.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Personally, I wanted defense or offensive line. Even if it was a reach a bit. Draft lineman early and often IMO.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
I'm with you about BMarsh, but you just can't say "regardless of how White turns out." For all we know he could be the next Larry Fitz, Rice, Brown, or David Terrell. If he becomes great then it's a no-brainer, especially in todays air n it out NFL.

True, I can't say "regardless", because there always is that slight chance that he's the next Jerry Rice. Just from a position of need though, I think Pace really screwed the pooch by trading Marshall, creating a hole at WR, and not going defense with his first pick. What's done is done though, and I'm hoping for the best for White.

Reactions: DC