Bulls.com Great expectations

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In my opinion, two things are going to have to happen in order for the Bulls to be legit contenders(other than Rose being healthy). The first is that Mirotic needs to become an all-star caliber player this coming year and secondly, Noah has to return to his old self when he was the defensive player of the year or least be 95% of his old self. Many fans have pretty much written Noah off but I'm not so sure.

Since the front office didn't do crap to improve this team in the last two years, it obviously needs to come from with-in and that actually is possible.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
In my opinion, two things are going to have to happen in order for the Bulls to be legit contenders(other than Rose being healthy). The first is that Mirotic needs to become an all-star caliber player this coming year and secondly, Noah has to return to his old self when he was the defensive player of the year or least be 95% of his old self. Many fans have pretty much written Noah off but I'm not so sure.

Since the front office didn't do crap to improve this team in the last two years, it obviously needs to come from with-in and that actually is possible.

I don't think Jo is going to play that much. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised Jo to play around 20 minutes a night off the bench this season while Pau starts at the 5 with Niko at the 4.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Only way we have a shot at winning it is if Derrick plays at a high level consistently. That's where it starts.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Quality Article. Not only did it make me enthusiastic about next season, but it also shed some light on the locker room of last year. It sounds like getting Pau was one of the smartest moves made.

Also how about Hoiberg going to Spain to meet Pau & Niko? Sounds like everyone is really buying in to his new regime, which should bode well. None of that "Lovie's guys" issues the bears had.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
As always, it all starts with health...particularly Rose. Beyond that, all the young guys such as Doug, Snell, and Niko have to raise their game to where they're consistent and pivotal contributors. We need Rose and Butler, and probably Pau to play at an all-star level. I don't think Niko reaches that this year, but I think he'll have a very good season. It will also be interesting to see how Rose and Butler play together. Will Jimmy handle the ball more while Rose plays more off ball? Will Derrick improve his shot selection and incorporate more of his mid-range game which is a strength? Can he get back to dishing out 7-8 APG? I'm curious how much more aggressive, if any, that Jimmy will be.

Liked Posts:
It doesn't start with Rose. It starts with guys like Mirotic and McDermott playing at a high level. The other thing is Butler continuing or improving the way he played last year. I'm optimistic but it's also possible last year was an outlier.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
It doesn't start with Rose. It starts with guys like Mirotic and McDermott playing at a high level. The other thing is Butler continuing or improving the way he played last year. I'm optimistic but it's also possible last year was an outlier.

If this team wants to win a championship, it absolutely starts with Rose before guys like Niko and Doug....they're a big part of it too, don't get me wrong, but without Rose playing at an all-star level, we're not getting far.

I agree that Butler also needs to keep improving. More so, just being more aggressive and taking more shots, really.