nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gb 10-6
Lions 10-6
Vikings 6-10
Bears 5-11

Not buying into the Minnesota Hype, they did nothing to impress me last year, winning only 2 road games, one against a 6-10 rams team, the other against the lowly bucs at 2-14. They did not win against one single team last year that finished with a winning record. So, was Bridgewater really improving as much as it seemed, or was the opposition just taking them for granted?

Yeah AP is back, but you never win against father time........

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see the division shaking out like this
1GB
2 DET
3 MIN
4 CHI

No idea on wins/ losses. And yes, you fucking meatballs, I want to be wrong. I will be happy to be wrong about the 2015 Bears.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Packers 11-5

Vikings 9-7

Lions 9-7

Bears 4-12

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think people predicting 5 or less wins for the bears are nuts. Thats meltdown bad. Fox and Fangio will have too much discipline on this team for shit to get that bad. Bears gon win 6-7 at least.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I'd say Bears win 5 games minimum. Personally, I'm predicting 6-10. Although I think 5-11 or 7-9 are equally possible.

Personally, I'm buying into the Vikings. They've assembled quite a bit of talent and have been hitting in the draft. While Bridgewater may not set the world on fire, I think he's going to be a good player and someone you can win with. That, combined with a good defense and Adrian Peterson....I don't see why not.

Vikes: 10-6
Lions: 10-6
Packers: 9-7
Bears: 6-10

Baredown3rdplace

Liked Posts:
I'm also not buying the hype on the vikings. Bridgewaters "amazing end to the season" saw him go for 4 tds and 4 int. I wouldn't call it amazing. They also struggled to win any inter-divisional games. The lions on the other hand went 7-1 in the division, they were in a first year with all new coaches and suffered quite a few injuries which for some reason isn't talked about. Their OL got obliterated, Calvin Johnson and Reggie Bush struggled with injuries most the season, they lost their starting MLB, multiple CBs, and Fairley. And more guys I don't really remember know who. There has been some hype on the lions starting to grow, and I am a little surprised it has taken this long. I look at that roster and can't but think they are one of the best teams in the NFC, PFF agrees with that as well. As long as GB has Rodgers, they are the team to beat in the division, although I think the loss of Nelson will cost them a game off their record(which I think is more than fair, most teams losing their #1 WR would be devastating, but I think Rodgers will find a new guy to throw to). I think we'll be decently improved this season, I don't see much of a jump record-wise though, due to a pretty tough schedule.

Pack: 12-4
Lions: 11-5
Vikings: 9-7

I think the NFC N will be the best division in the league this year, with 3 highly competitive teams, sadly though I see us as the dead weight of the division. I think the FO and coaching staff will steadily improve the roster, but it's going to take some good luck. A lot will hinge on if we can find our future QB on the first try or not. If not, add 2 years to the rebuild for every miss on finding a franchise QB. There are teams who have been searching for a QB for a decade, some even much longer. Hitching our wagon to Cutler, than hitching our money-wagon up to him after that.. disaster.

mecha

Liked Posts:
you people worry too much. you're all going to have heart attacks.

#calledit

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm also not buying the hype on the vikings. Bridgewaters "amazing end to the season" saw him go for 4 tds and 4 int. I wouldn't call it amazing. They also struggled to win any inter-divisional games. The lions on the other hand went 7-1 in the division, they were in a first year with all new coaches and suffered quite a few injuries which for some reason isn't talked about. Their OL got obliterated, Calvin Johnson and Reggie Bush struggled with injuries most the season, they lost their starting MLB, multiple CBs, and Fairley. And more guys I don't really remember know who. There has been some hype on the lions starting to grow, and I am a little surprised it has taken this long. I look at that roster and can't but think they are one of the best teams in the NFC, PFF agrees with that as well. As long as GB has Rodgers, they are the team to beat in the division, although I think the loss of Nelson will cost them a game off their record(which I think is more than fair, most teams losing their #1 WR would be devastating, but I think Rodgers will find a new guy to throw to). I think we'll be decently improved this season, I don't see much of a jump record-wise though, due to a pretty tough schedule.

Pack: 12-4
Lions: 11-5
Vikings: 9-7

I think the NFC N will be the best division in the league this year, with 3 highly competitive teams, sadly though I see us as the dead weight of the division. I think the FO and coaching staff will steadily improve the roster, but it's going to take some good luck. A lot will hinge on if we can find our future QB on the first try or not. If not, add 2 years to the rebuild for every miss on finding a franchise QB. There are teams who have been searching for a QB for a decade, some even much longer. Hitching our wagon to Cutler, than hitching our money-wagon up to him after that.. disaster.

5-1 (only 4 teams in the division) and IIRC, their CB's remained healthy (the year before was another story). Their O-line and TE's on the other hand was a train wreck.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Gb 10-6
Lions 10-6
Vikings 6-10
Bears 5-11

Not buying into the Minnesota Hype, they did nothing to impress me last year, winning only 2 road games, one against a 6-10 rams team, the other against the lowly bucs at 2-14. They did not win against one single team last year that finished with a winning record. So, was Bridgewater really improving as much as it seemed, or was the opposition just taking them for granted?

Yeah AP is back, but you never win against father time........

Bridgewater definitely improved. thrown in to a starting role in week 4 to replace a craptastic Cassell on a team that lost its offensive focus after week 1.
He was typical mid level rookie bad the first 3 weeks, and then in games 5-16 he put up a 94 rating, 12 tds and 7 ints.
I would say for a rookie who was not intended to be thrown in coupled with the loss of peterson that is pretty damn good. Minnesotas best RB last year racked up less than 600 yards.

Compare that to staffords usual production, (outside of the crazy 2011 season) and bridgewater comes out on top.
Compare that to what many believe is Cutlers best bears season, 2011, and Bridgewater comes out on top.

Nobody is saying Bridgewater is great, and I dont even think he has to be good neccessarily (although if you look at the entire arc of the year his arrow seems to be pointing up).
We are talking about a decent Vikings defense with an exceptional OC, a 2nd year QB that has an entire offseason to learn the offense as a starter instead of being tossed in week 4, and at the very worst, a running back who will be very good and demand respect.

Minnesota was comparable if not better than chicago last year, and Minnesota was in meltdown mode in week 2 with a brand new coaching staff... but they turned out fairly respectable given the circumstances.
Functional by Bridgewater will be a massive upgrade, And a well rested peterson... the same guy that put up 2000 yards after acl surgery... means minnesota has had 2 massive upgrades in the offseason.

Green bay took a big talent hit this week, detroit is detroit, and Chicago is roughly even with Marshall leaving and Royal arriving.

Feel free to mock me when the vikings fail miserably, but as it stands they are the only team in the division that looks to be in a significantly better position going in to this season.

Doug Grohlin

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bridgewater definitely improved. thrown in to a starting role in week 4 to replace a craptastic Cassell on a team that lost its offensive focus after week 1.
He was typical mid level rookie bad the first 3 weeks, and then in games 5-16 he put up a 94 rating, 12 tds and 7 ints.
I would say for a rookie who was not intended to be thrown in coupled with the loss of peterson that is pretty damn good. Minnesotas best RB last year racked up less than 600 yards.

12 touchdowns in 11 games isn't good at all.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
GB 11 - 5 (only because they lost Nelson)
Det 10 - 6 (because they lost Suh but gained Abdullah)

Min 8 - 8 (Bridgewater will still have his ups and downs. Loadholt gone for season)

CHI 6 - 10 (not enough depth to handle the injuries)

I really hope our W/L is reversed... It really is no fun to watch the Bears lose... :(

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
12 touchdowns in 11 games isn't good at all.

No, No it isnt. I mis-stated, 12-7 was 6-16, but the difference is only one td, 13-7, so fairly irrelevant.
but again, the situation matters. No peterson and no first team reps, the entire offense was in an emergency situation.

The same alex-smith type numbers and a losing season this year, I will gladly recant my support for Bridgewater.
BUT- If peterson is on a tear, that kind of production is just fine- minimizing turnovers and letting Peterson win the games is just plain smart.
That is straight up Russel Wilson type numbers (20 tds in 16 games).
Great if the team is winning, not good enough if the run game is bad and you are losing games.

Doug Grohlin

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, No it isnt. I mis-stated, 12-7 was 6-16, but the difference is only one td, 13-7, so fairly irrelevant.
but again, the situation matters. No peterson and no first team reps, the entire offense was in an emergency situation.

The same alex-smith type numbers and a losing season this year, I will gladly recant my support for Bridgewater.
BUT- If peterson is on a tear, that kind of production is just fine- minimizing turnovers and letting Peterson win the games is just plain smart.
That is straight up Russel Wilson type numbers (20 tds in 16 games).
Great if the team is winning, not good enough if the run game is bad and you are losing games.

Fair enough, I had no idea the numbers were off. I don't pay attention to that stuff.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Packers 11-5
Vikings 9-7
Bears 8-8
Lions 7-9

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I am not high on the Vikings at all.

Bridgewater does not look like a franchise QB to me. I don't think he will ever even be as good as Cutler. Even in Week 17 at their place, we barely lost because we were almost trying to lose the game. They already lost one of their best defenders for the year. Their defense is kinda overrated anyway. Zimmer is alright but not as good as Fangio. AP being back is the best part of their team and I am not even sure about that. How do RBs do a year away from football? It is unprecedented.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Negative 4 wins and 18 losses eh?
Yep...cannot wait for the Bears to make NFL history with that record.

(or I am too much of a meatball to seriously predict a losing record...you decide)