Willie Yoeung trying to focus on football rather than Bears depth chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...us-on-football-rather-than-bears-depth-chart/

Willie Young’s 10 sackes were one of the rare good things to come out of the 2014 Bears defense, but they may not be enough to get Young a second season with the team.

Young tore his Achilles in December and the Bears changed defensive schemes a short time later when they hired Vic Fangio as their defensive coordinator. That shift meant Young had to move from defensive end to outside linebacker while also rehabbing his injury and the results have left him on the roster bubble with Pernell McPhee, Jared Allen, Lamarr Houston and Sam Acho all ahead of him on the depth chart.

Young says that his spot in the pecking order isn’t on his mind because he can only control how he plays “and whatever happens after that happens after that.”

“Man, I don’t give a motherfuck about no depth chart,” Young said, via the Chicago Tribune. “I’m a seventh-round draft pick. I ain’t supposed to be here right now. Let’s not forget about that. So depth charts have always (cont)

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
been irrelevant to me.”

Young feels he’s getting back to form coming off the injury and his fate with the Bears will be something to watch with cutdown day approaching. He could be a nice addition 4-3 team looking for a pass rushing boost if Chicago decides to go with other linebackers on their 53-man roster.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Double digit sacks last year and the multitude of know-it-all bozos on here think he'll be cut.

Last year Young was MONEY. This year, I hope he continues and has an off the chain season. If he does the Bears D has a chance to be bomb.com.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Last year Young was MONEY. This year, I hope he continues and has an off the chain season. If he does the Bears D has a chance to be bomb.com.

Mr. Fieri's lawyers will be in contact with you shortly.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sell high for a FA RT.

I know it stinks, but no matter how much of a gas its been with Young and his silent but deadly technique...once the air has cleared we will realize how badly this team needed a potent FA RT.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...us-on-football-rather-than-bears-depth-chart/

Willie Young’s 10 sackes were one of the rare good things to come out of the 2014 Bears defense, but they may not be enough to get Young a second season with the team.

Young tore his Achilles in December and the Bears changed defensive schemes a short time later when they hired Vic Fangio as their defensive coordinator. That shift meant Young had to move from defensive end to outside linebacker while also rehabbing his injury and the results have left him on the roster bubble with Pernell McPhee, Jared Allen, Lamarr Houston and Sam Acho all ahead of him on the depth chart.

Young says that his spot in the pecking order isn’t on his mind because he can only control how he plays “and whatever happens after that happens after that.”

“Man, I don’t give a motherfuck about no depth chart,” Young said, via the Chicago Tribune. “I’m a seventh-round draft pick. I ain’t supposed to be here right now. Let’s not forget about that. So depth charts have always (cont)

They all came when the Bears were down, and down big. Just ask EHC

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That shift meant Young had to move from defensive end to outside linebacker while also rehabbing his injury and the results have left him on the roster bubble with Pernell McPhee, Jared Allen, Lamarr Houston and Sam Acho all ahead of him on the depth chart.

So they're only keeping four OLBs? I figured they'd keep five.

Or maybe it's five but Bass is challenging Young for the other spot?

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
young is not getting cut, he is an absolute bargain salary wise...At some point a team will need a 4-3 DE due to injuries and the bears should be able to get a 5th rd pick.

theArizonaState

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why do people think we trade players like baseball mid season. Oh hey here is your new playbook. You start tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Why do people think we trade players like baseball mid season. Oh hey here is your new playbook. You start tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

going to a 4-3 team, he will catch on to the terminology quick, there really isnt much to do differently as hes been in a 4-3 his whole career. I do agree that certain positions you cant really trade mid-season as the learning curve can be brutal.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Double digit sacks last year and the multitude of know-it-all bozos on here think he'll be cut.

He played well last year and was one of the few brights spots. But that was a sa DE in a 4-3. He's being asked to play OLB in a 3-4 now. But more importantly he's attempting a comeback from an Achilles injury which has ruined countless careers of NFL players.

I just don't think he's worth a roster spot at this point.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:

Only the nerds- losers who never strapped on a helmet and played real footbaw. Alpha brahs know Youeng is the real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.