We are not the only team with bumps and bruises

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I didn't say they did. However, they are certainly much closer to the "Promised land" after having a super high draft pick.

The criteria though was that only 1 team has ever won a superbowl within 3 year after having the number 1 pick. Any only 1 other has won it within 5 years of having the number 1 pick. I am sure there are several teams that were superbowl contenders including the Colts this year.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Dont care.

We need a top-3 pick next year. Who cares if all our WR's are hurt? It's not like we're contenders with a healthy Kevin White.

If Kevin white is out for the year and we end up with a high draft pick because of new system/talent it may actually work out in our favor getting the chance to have two high draft picks starting at the same time one with a year of system study under their belt.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
The criteria though was that only 1 team has ever won a superbowl within 3 year after having the number 1 pick. Any only 1 other has won it within 5 years of having the number 1 pick. I am sure there are several teams that were superbowl contenders including the Colts this year.

But people think that getting a super high draft pick would bring us closer to the promise land. That is completely false because in order to get that high of a pick, you have to be THAT BAD that would take several more years to erase from THAT POINT.

This right here is what I was referring to I said nothing about winning a super bowl. All I was implying is that a super high draft for one year can truly turn your team into a much better team that is pointed in the right direction/closer to the promised land. I would happily take what the colts have had since their one high draft pick year instead of our records which was: 8-8 10-6 8-8 5-11 in that same span they have gone 2-14 11-5 11-5 11-5.

I should also note that I am in favor of the Bears winning as many games as possible every year, I do not ever want them to lose. If they should though it could turn us around with one great early draft.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
This right here is what I was referring to I said nothing about winning a super bowl. All I was implying is that a super high draft for one year can truly turn your team into a much better team that is pointed in the right direction/closer to the promised land. I would happily take what the colts have had since their one high draft pick year instead of our records which was: 8-8 10-6 8-8 5-11 in that same span they have gone 2-14 11-5 11-5 11-5.

It is possible. But like I said, you need a transcendent type player who rarely comes around to do that. Peyton Manning, Troy Aikman, Terry Bradshaw, maybe Andrew Luck. If you think there is one in the 2016 class, that's great. But the chances are against it.

I would rather be an average team that builds through strong drafts than a terrible team that hopes their number 1 pick turns into gold. You are going to have to draft well regardless of where your first pick is anyway.

People think that being 2-14 and getting the number 1 pick is a better position to be in than an 8-8 team that has the 15th pick. It is just not true. Maybe people are thinking of it that we would be an 8-8 team with a 2-14 record. But if you are bad enough to be 2-14, that means you have 2-14 talent on your roster at the current time.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
The crazy part is that this talk started before the preseason was even half way done with. I could maybe understand if the team had 1 week to go in a losing season & losing the last game would mean a jump up in the draft order. Rooting for your team to play like shit in order to get a high draft pick seems to be all the rage this off season.
That's why they're gonna go 12-4

Baredown3rdplace

Liked Posts:
There really is no way to know how close we are until this season with the new regime is over. But people think that getting a super high draft pick would bring us closer to the promise land. That is completely false because in order to get that high of a pick, you have to be THAT BAD that would take several more years to erase from THAT POINT.

Except we are THAT BAD

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
This season will either prove that or against that. Don't you get it? If we go 8-8 then we are closer to a Super Bowl contender than if we go 2-14.

I would argue that point only because we've watched this team go 8-8 and still not win a SB.