We are not the only team with bumps and bruises

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I know it seems that way with the top 4 receivers all out of practice including White - our number 7 overall pick who will be out anywhere from 6 to the full season.

But other teams are going through similar situations. The Giants have had injuries to literally almost every safety on their roster.

Right now, the Packers have the following starters on the Offensive Line not practicing:
G Josh Sitton (ankle)
G T.J. Lang (concussion)
LT David Bakhtiari (knee)

We have to keep it real. Just because one injury that we thought was minor turned out was major, doesn't mean every time someone misses practice that we are being lied to and they have a significant injury. Every team holds players out of practice every day for various injuries and reasons but you never hear of it because it isn't news. What I do know is that for 3 straight days now, a major player has suffered a season ending injury in practice. It seems that torn ACLs and Achilles are happening at record rates this preseason. Let's hope that these real injuries don't hit us.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Ya, let's pray to Buddha we don't get another injury bc that would derail our championship run and force us to pick a decent prospect at QB or OT high in the 1st round.

I would hate to lose an extra 2 games and have a shot at a truly elite prospect.

Thibetanus

Liked Posts:
Ya, let's pray to Buddha we don't get another injury bc that would derail our championship run and force us to pick a decent prospect at QB or OT high in the 1st round.

I would hate to lose an extra 2 games and have a shot at a truly elite prospect.

You don't pray to Buddha, in Buddhism, it's about karma: your good/bad actions dictate the good/bad results you receive.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

That is just silly. Even if you don't like our team this year, why would you want injuries to occur just to guarantee a better pick next year? You need the young guys we do have to develop and they need to play and be around the best possible players to do that. Oh and Fox even wants to win the preseason games to install a culture of winning. Going 2-14 isn't going to do that.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
That is just silly. Even if you don't like our team this year, why would you want injuries to occur just to guarantee a better pick next year? You need the young guys we do have to develop and they need to play and be around the best possible players to do that. Oh and Fox even wants to win the preseason games to install a culture of winning. Going 2-14 isn't going to do that.

The crazy part is that this talk started before the preseason was even half way done with. I could maybe understand if the team had 1 week to go in a losing season & losing the last game would mean a jump up in the draft order. Rooting for your team to play like shit in order to get a high draft pick seems to be all the rage this off season.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It doesn't matter. Everything will still work out for the Packers as long as Rodgers doesn't miss an extended amount of time.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Also, be careful what you wish for. I saw a stat that only 1 team has had the number 1 draft pick and won the Super Bowl in the next 3 years. Dallas who drafted Aikman. And the only other team that even won it 5 years later was Pittsburgh who drafted Bradshaw.

Getting the number 1 pick almost never means the team will win the Super Bowl in the near future because if you are that horrible to have the number 1 pick, it would take the most transcendent HOF type player to overcome that.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Also, be careful what you wish for. I saw a stat that only 1 team has had the number 1 draft pick and won the Super Bowl in the next 3 years. Dallas who drafted Aikman. And the only other team that even won it 5 years later was Pittsburgh who drafted Bradshaw.

Getting the number 1 pick almost never means the team will win the Super Bowl in the near future because if you are that horrible to have the number 1 pick, it would take the most transcendent HOF type player to overcome that.

I don't expect the Bears to be in position to win a SB in the next 3 yrs no matter what they do this yr.

Also, you need to understand the difference between correlation and causation.

Also, I would prefer to have a higher pick and don't really care about the marginal meatball fan benefit of going 7-9 as opposed to 4-12 this yr as I have my Buckeyes and their inevitable run to a 2nd straight INDISPUTABLE NATIONAL TITLE to keep me warm this fall....not to mention some chance at a Cubs run.

I wont pick!

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I don't expect the Bears to be in position to win a SB in the next 3 yrs no matter what they do this yr.

There really is no way to know how close we are until this season with the new regime is over. But people think that getting a super high draft pick would bring us closer to the promise land. That is completely false because in order to get that high of a pick, you have to be THAT BAD that would take several more years to erase from THAT POINT.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know it seems that way with the top 4 receivers all out of practice including White - our number 7 overall pick who will be out anywhere from 6 to the full season.

But other teams are going through similar situations. The Giants have had injuries to literally almost every safety on their roster.

Right now, the Packers have the following starters on the Offensive Line not practicing:
G Josh Sitton (ankle)
G T.J. Lang (concussion)
LT David Bakhtiari (knee)

We have to keep it real. Just because one injury that we thought was minor turned out was major, doesn't mean every time someone misses practice that we are being lied to and they have a significant injury. Every team holds players out of practice every day for various injuries and reasons but you never hear of it because it isn't news. What I do know is that for 3 straight days now, a major player has suffered a season ending injury in practice. It seems that torn ACLs and Achilles are happening at record rates this preseason. Let's hope that these real injuries don't hit us.

So apparently Pace has put you on the payroll. Nice post.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
There really is no way to know how close we are until this season with the new regime is over. But people think that getting a super high draft pick would bring us closer to the promise land. That is completely false because in order to get that high of a pick, you have to be THAT BAD that would take several more years to erase from THAT POINT.

Lolwhat?

If people get hurt for this yr.......

Wow, just wow.

WE ARE A VERY VERY TALENT DEFICIENT SQUAD WHO WILL NEED MULTIPLE GOOD DRAFTS IN ORDER TO BE IN SB CONTENTION.

Coaching has nothing at all to do with that.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Lolwhat?

If people get hurt for this yr.......

Wow, just wow.

WE ARE A VERY VERY TALENT DEFICIENT SQUAD WHO WILL NEED MULTIPLE GOOD DRAFTS IN ORDER TO BE IN SB CONTENTION.

Coaching has nothing at all to do with that.

This season will either prove that or against that. Don't you get it? If we go 8-8 then we are closer to a Super Bowl contender than if we go 2-14.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Everybody has bumps and bruises. the issue is when you get a bunch at one spot. That's actually unlucky.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

What about Andrew Luck and the Colts?? One season of 3-13

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:

THIS. It's more important to finish 6-10 so we witness 2 extra wins than finish 4-12 and draft a franchise QB.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Everybody has bumps and bruises. the issue is when you get a bunch at one spot. That's actually unlucky.

Dont care.

We need a top-3 pick next year. Who cares if all our WR's are hurt? It's not like we're contenders with a healthy Kevin White.