Why is Matt Forte Scared to Run Between the Tackles?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
When do we get to the Gordon Ramsey is afraid to do a grilling show portion of the topic?

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Just cause Forte isn't giving himself concussions every week doesn't mean he sucks. I rather have a back such as Forte give us 8-10 solid yrs then one that lasts 4-5 yrs before his body completely give out.

Even the morons will appreciate him after he is gone.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just cause Forte isn't giving himself concussions every week doesn't mean he sucks. I rather have a back such as Forte give us 8-10 solid yrs then one that lasts 4-5 yrs before his body completely give out.

Even the morons will appreciate him after he is gone.

no1 ITT said he sucks

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
KJ Barner will show you how a back runs through the tackles:

95Z8T.gif

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
It's pretty obvious what Forte is. He is a well rounded RB with spectacular receiving skills, and runs the ball very well in space. He does not do well in short yardage or goal line situations. We just need a power back that can get a few yards in traffic.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've never had a problem w/ u... please don't go dragging my username through the mud.

Never mentioned your username! Look, don't you think "scared" is a bit hyperbolic? A tad over the top? A title that begged to start a pissing match? I think everyone would agree that running between the tackles is not his forte. (see what I did there?). Sayers was not a bruiser, run between the tackles RB. But I don't think he was "scared".

I think the problem has been for the last few years that the OL wasn't making the holes. When they did I think he did a good job of hitting them. I would agree that his goal line production is poor. He is not Walter Payton or Gale Sayers. He isn't going to the HOF. But he is a very, very good running back. And, overall, he has been very reliable. The running game is no where close to the top two or three or four problems.

I'll grant you the Thomas Jones argument. The Bears made a huge mistake in letting Jones go for CedBen. Huge. Imagine what they could have gotten if they don't draft Benson and keep Jones for another 2-3 productive years?

nobull

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
MAtt Forte is a great receiver. Record setting year last year.

But he isn't even the best receiving RB the Bears have had....

Walter is LOL'ing you from the grave

Yeah that was Neal Anderson

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Langford showing no fear out there and proves why a guy like Matt Forte is not the end all be all.

Still think Barner (50 yard reception tonight) would be a good fit as I don't think Langford will be able to be consistent in his rookie year.