CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
They lost

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Justin Fuente from Memphis is now going to be too highly sought after. South Carolina is probably the landing spot for him. I'd love to have Herman from Houston, but would he bolt after one season? Not sure if I'd be comfortable going back to Toledo and hiring Matt Campbell. We could go young and energetic and get PJ Fleck from Western Michigan. Babers is still my #1 realistic choice.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Time to beat Wisconsin and see how many Homecoming drunks make the news tomorrow. Go Illini!

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Illini having fun today. Up 20-0.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Illini 27-7 at halftime. Beautiful fall day and my team is winning.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another beautiful day for football here in Illini country. Ohio State goes down today. :beer:

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Illini let them get to the 1 and held them to 0 points! :beer:

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Well 1 bitch looks like John Groce. This guy is so toast at season's end.
Not certain. Too early to tell. Dealing with injuries early in season and this pre-conference schedule will look great in SOS.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Not certain. Too early to tell. Dealing with injuries early in season and this pre-conference schedule will look great in SOS.

He was on the hot seat entering the season due to his inability to make the NCAA and land prized recruits. And he opens up the season with a 12 point loss to North Florida? And just loss to Providence. He's been dealing with injuries and poor attitudes since he started in Champaign. He can't continue to use that as an excuse anymore.

Not to mention there will be a new AD in at some point and I can't see any reason in the world that a new AD would want to retain Groce.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
He was on the hot seat entering the season due to his inability to make the NCAA and land prized recruits. And he opens up the season with a 12 point loss to North Florida? And just loss to Providence. He's been dealing with injuries and poor attitudes since he started in Champaign. He can't continue to use that as an excuse anymore.

Not to mention there will be a new AD in at some point and I can't see any reason in the world that a new AD would want to retain Groce.

Have you seen the Freshman class he brought in? Now he signed a legit PG? You said he is done. After two games against 2014 tournament teams I'm not going to get too wrapped up in Groce being done already. They still have ND and some other 2014 tourney teams on the pre-conference schedule. They could get out of it at 9-4 and be 11-7 in conference and go to the tournament.

And last night, they held the favorite to be POY to 10 points using a walk-on defender, Nunn and Tate are out and Black and Thorne were non-existent due to foul trouble. And Finke got fouled on the missed put back. It wasn't called. This team is more deep and much better than Groce has had in the past. If he gets fired at the end of the year, so be it. That's a long time from now.

The rumor is that a new AD could be named as early as next week.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Welcome back woman beater!

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
...and be 11-7 in conference and go to the tournament.

I just can't fathom how this team could go 11-7 in the B10. I think 7-11 would be a stretch. Perhaps I'm being too negative but the past few seasons have given me almost nothing to be optimistic about.