Illinois Fired Tim Beckman

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Shouldn't they have done this like... after the conclusion of last season?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
OSKEE

Lulz. Tim Beckman is a dumbfuck and this can only help the program.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They should have fired him a year ago. First game next week. This is going to be a fun season. Local radio reports that he was abusing his players and covering up injuries.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fired him bc the outside investigation came back with a bunch of shit. Waited until it did so they could fire him with cause and get out from under the buyout

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Where's Jim Johnson? He would love this news.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah Thomas said the next coach search was his job. I don't think Thomas will even be here for that next coaching search.

I've been waiting for this day since Beckman's introductory presser. No idea how an idiot as big as him became a Big 10 head coach. Must have gave Thomas one hell of a blowjob during his interview.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Mike Thomas needs to get fired now too right?

He's been a pretty awful AD.
The revenue coaches hired have been bad. He has certainly improved the game experience around MS. He got that part right that Guenther didn't give 2 craps about. Now the Wise is stepping down, he may be feeling more heat and that could be why he made the move at this time.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Mike Thomas is one of worst AD's in big time college athletics .....

Do I think U of I can be an Ohio St. or Bama or even TCU right now, no.

Do I think they should EASILY be the best program in the state and be in the running for top 30 classes yr in yr out, yes I do.

When you look at what Wisky has done in both big time sports and how much more instate talent U of I has in both of the big 2, you see how horrible the administration has managed BB and FB over the last couple decades or so. I don't think you can close that gap with this hire, but you can get back to respectability and then hopefully in 4-6 yrs-after the program reclaims in-state recruits from MSU/Iowa/NW and other tier 2 type programs in the B10- then you can build from there.

We have decent in state talent here, it's just that a lot of it leaves the state right now.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Yeah Thomas said the next coach search was his job. I don't think Thomas will even be here for that next coaching search.

I've been waiting for this day since Beckman's introductory presser. No idea how an idiot as big as him became a Big 10 head coach. Must have gave Thomas one hell of a blowjob during his interview.

Thomas should have been gone first. It would nuts to allow him to make another hire. Nor do I imagine any desirable candidates would want the position under him. I bet he is let go in the next 2 weeks.

I'm not sure I have ever seen a coach consistently come off looking like more of an idiot than Beckman in interviews/press conferences. etc.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watch the Illini come out and look good tonight if for no other reason than to say fuck you Beckdick.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That wasn't even fair. 52-3. Illini had 28 in the first quarter. I hope the next team puts up a little bit of a fight. Playing pussy teams doesn't get them ready for the Big 10.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
That wasn't even fair. 52-3. Illini had 28 in the first quarter. I hope the next team puts up a little bit of a fight. Playing pussy teams doesn't get them ready for the Big 10.
Playing pussy teams gets a team wins that gets them in bowl games, which subsequently attracts better recruits.