#76 - Who's your guess as to the gentleman meeting the Turk next?

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I personally have found it super odd how the Bears would cut down to 76 and leave some poor kid (or vet) dangling on a string. I have to assume they're not willing to part with any linemen just yet, given the potential to at least try new re-shufflings. And as others have pointed out, you gotta have some QBs to play the last game - why toss Jimmeh back out there if he's not feeling 100% from that hit. I just wouldn't feel too solid if I was Carden or Fales though, right?

Anywho, who you got, Mr. GM? :pace:

I'm gonna say its gotta be:

Tracy Porter. He was terrible in the Bengals game and clearly nursing an injury by the end.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Woestman

And they cut him early to sneak him onto the PR

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Clausen was actually concussed from the hit. Delayed symptoms; it happens.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Woestman

And they cut him early to sneak him onto the PR

I assume you mean practice squad. And if that is the case, they would wait as late as possible during the cut down to 53 to cut him, not this round.

chitownbears88

CSS Resident Curtis Enis
Liked Posts:
I think a trade is possibly being worked.

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
I think a trade is possibly being worked.

Yeah, that's a reasonable explanation too. Gotta happen fast I guess!

WindyCity, I like Woestmann too, he's made some good plays, with only a few dumb penalties. On balance he's been better than some of our draft picks. Hopefully he can stick around. I think they're more enamored of Timu, based on PT and all the responsibilities he's had as the defensive signal-caller. I never get why draftniks overlook 4yr. production over flash-in-the-pan speed. I'd rather have the smartest players who are fast enough, if they don't cost us a draft-pick, even better I guess.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I thought they said he wouldn't count against the roster since he was suspended the first 3 games?

Not the 53 but since he isn't suspdeneded until the season starts I don't think that would affect the 75 man roster just the 53 man time.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Don't think a suspension takes you off the roster count. I could be wrong.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Not the 53 but since he isn't suspdeneded until the season starts I don't think that would affect the 75 man roster just the 53 man time.

I wonder what the penalty would be if the Bears thought he didn't count towards the 75 and they ended today at 76!

Newblood

Liked Posts:

I was wrong:

Reserve/Suspended- This listing is for players who have been suspended by the NFL. Players on the suspended list are not paid for their time suspended, do not count against the active 53, and their salaries are reduced to reflect the weeks they are suspended. For example Justin Blackmon of the Jaguars will see his base salary drop from 17 games of pay to just 13 games of pay. Players can also have their signing bonuses reduced due to forfeiture provisions in the CBA. In the case of drug suspension this is mandatory. In other cases teams will determine if they will go after bonus money. I am unsure if this forfeiture is accrued during of after the season, but will try to clarify at a later date. While suspended the cap charges count in full.

http://overthecap.com/explaining-roster-designations/

I wanted to post this quote just because:

Suspended List
Players who have been suspended by the NFL are not eligible for PUP (unless they have an injury that’s going to prevent them from practicing). Those players are allowed to practice and play in preseason games. Once the final roster cut down date hits, though, any player that’s been handed a suspension goes on an inactive or reserve list and does NOT cunt against the 53-man roster.

http://insidefootball.com/2013/07/22/a-review-of-roster-designations-eligibilities/

Can you spot the typo in the 2nd quote? :smug2:

buckaroo2311

Liked Posts:
Bostic should have been spelled Bustic.
They would have cut him already then. Not saying it won't happen still, but maybe they aren't completely confident in McClellin. I know Bostic is still recovering from injuries. Would love for him to work out, especially since we used a 2nd round pic on him.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
So this should have been announced at 4pm ET.....I dunno what the hold-up is?