Bulls in trade talks for Rudy Gay?

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to some reports on Facebook the Bulls might be in talks for a Rudy Gay <-> Taj Gibson & Doug McDermott trade.

The have not been any serious sources but would you be open for this trade?

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
this would be a good deal for the bulls but doesn't seem like enough for the kings to want to pull the trigger...maybe give them back their protected 1st round pick to sweeten the deal.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think these rumors are more on the Sacramento side of things. I don't see it going down. Plus isn't Rudy on a max deal or something? That deal mentioned wouldn't match salary wise and it has to since we're over the cap.

That being said, the practical fit of the trade is there. Clears up a little bit of the logjam at PF and gets us a legit starting SF who can play some small ball 4 as well.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
I think these rumors are more on the Sacramento side of things. I don't see it going down. Plus isn't Rudy on a max deal or something? That deal mentioned wouldn't match salary wise and it has to since we're over the cap.

That being said, the practical fit of the trade is there. Clears up a little bit of the logjam at PF and gets us a legit starting SF who can play some small ball 4 as well.

I would do it.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ou3dmsp

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I like it. No offense to dunleavy but we havent had a legit sf since deng. Rudy fits the bill. And he is only 29.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
There's a reason Rudy Gay doesn't have a lot of playoff games in hus career and Dunleavy does.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
There's a reason Rudy Gay doesn't have a lot of playoff games in hus career and Dunleavy does.

one reason might be cause Gay gets paid big $$$ so only can go to teams that have cap while Dunleavy gets signed for midlevel exceptions by playoff teams looking to just add a player to put them over the top.

just a thought

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm saying Dun fits into a team better than Rudy.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think rudy gay would fit in as well.
Dunleavy is a better fit in the sense that he's a 3pt threat. Rudy paired with Butler and Rose on the wing wouldn't have the same kind of spacing. That said, he's obviously much better in other areas of the game, but it'd be rough having no legit threat from 3 in the starting lineup unless you move Mirotic into the lineup.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
No thanks. Doesn't space the floor and is another guy who needs 15-16 shots per game. Doug is young and cost controlled for a few more seasons and if anything, should at least be able to knock down shots and space the floor. I personally think he'll do a little bit more than that...

Also hard to believe the Kings would be interested in this deal considering they could have drafted Doug but opted for Stauskas who they already moved on from. Hard to imagine they would all of a sudden be enthralled with Doug and super high on Taj.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Gay scored 10 more points per game than Dunleavy, yet Dunleavy had a better offensive rating. This while Rudy Gay had the 19th highest usage% (27), while Dunleavy was under 15%.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
No thanks. Doesn't space the floor and is another guy who needs 15-16 shots per game. Doug is young and cost controlled for a few more seasons and if anything, should at least be able to knock down shots and space the floor. I personally think he'll do a little bit more than that...

Also hard to believe the Kings would be interested in this deal considering they could have drafted Doug but opted for Stauskas who they already moved on from. Hard to imagine they would all of a sudden be enthralled with Doug and super high on Taj.

Hard for me to believe anybody could be high on Taj at this point.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hard for me to believe anybody could be high on Taj at this point.

Whats hard to believe? Have you heard of George Karl? New coach, new system, new preferences. there is nothing surprising.

What would be surprising is Hoiberg letting Doug go, unless he feels a conflict of interest and like it would help McDermot's career. I could see George Karl wanting McBuckets though to run and gun in his uptempo first open shot offense. But....so do we?

If Doug had shot 35% from three this summer instead of 10%, he would have been the summer league MVP because of the variety of other plays and scoring he produced. We will continue to get trade offers for him because our roster doesn't make sense having Butler/Snell/Dunleavy/McDermott and Mirotic.

I hope we can work out a deal on Snell/Gibson and/or Noah. Of those 3, I would think Gibson actually fits the team better if you move Noah and slide Gasol to C.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I misread the meaning Gusto. My bad. Yeah...hard to believe. But it may be Doug they are after to fit with Karl at a lower cost than Gay who takes too many shots. Karl likes to spread around the scoring and have a team, not a focal point.

He may want to move Gay, and is targeting McD. They may not even want Taj, but the impetus is Doug, but to make it happen they have to take on Taj. Maybe even cut him after. We are shedding Taj's contract and getting Rose more of the talent in line with what his brother wants. Rose should know Gay well from team U.S.A.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Trade Taj for a draft pick and let Portis get some burn this year.